It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: The Mandalorian.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I am surprised nobody has beaten me to posting this trailer but it looks amazing, quite a lot of awesome star wars stuff coming out of D23 this year but this trailer just looks epic!

Its going to launch on Disney+ November 12th, stars Pedro Pascal as "The Mandalorian" along with Gina Carano as Cara Dune a former Rebel Shock Trooper and Carl Weathers as Greef Carga the leader of the bounty hunters guild. Supporting the cast we also get Taika Waititi who as well as playing IG-11 (giving me some serious IG-88 Nerdgasims) will also be directing at least one episode and after his work on Thor Ragnarok I am excited to see what his influence on the show will bring. The show is written by Jon Favreau who with input from George Lucas's own apprentice Dave Filoni proving input in for the script and will be directing the pilot episode. With such a strong pedigree I have very high hopes for this show.

But not only that, we are also getting a Cassian Andor which was announced a while back that will see a few of the Stars from Rogue one returning such as Diego Luna and Alan Tudyk. Its expected to be released next year, I am not too sure what to expect from this just yet but seeing these two reprising their roles can only mean good things. K2-SO is perhaps one of my favourite additions to Star Wars since the 2015 takeover of LucasFilm.

Not only that but its also been confirmed that Ewan McGregor has signed on to star in a Obi-Wan spin off series that takes place during the time between episode 3 and episode 4. The scripts have been written and the show is expected to start principle photography next year with a 2021 release date.

This also just dropped, I don't think it needs a full thread but its a pretty awesome look at Episode 9.

edit on 26-8-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The trailer looks great.
Hopefully the story will be too.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It’s Disney so I won’t hold out hope that it will be any good. They nearly destroyed the franchise with those last two steaming piles of Sith movies.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It’s Disney so I won’t hold out hope that it will be any good.

Its still LucasFilm, just like Marvel is still Marvel, Disney is just the parent company, its the same model with lots of things.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Its still LucasFilm, just like Marvel is still Marvel, Disney is just the parent company, its the same model with lots of things.

From the announced MCU lineup it looks like marvel is headed down the same path as Star Wars. It's not very encouraging.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hate to be a pessimist, but it'll probably suck walnuts like the past few movies.

Nothing will ever compare to the original trilogy. Disney can go ahead and make their yearly star wars film, slowly destroying the iconic name. Gotta make those billions back somehow, right?

End rant.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

From the announced MCU lineup it looks like marvel is headed down the same path as Star Wars. It's not very encouraging.

Really I think it looks amazing, am a bit gutted with whats happened with Spiderman but thats kind of off topic and not entirely Disney's fault.

I mean a Moon-night show, Blade, Fantastic Four (hopefully done right now), Deadpool. I think the future is pretty bright given that they have now got lots of their characters back off fox.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

Disney can go ahead and make their yearly star wars film, slowly destroying the iconic name

They are not doing yearly, after The Rise of Skywalker the next movie won't be until 2022.

Looks like these TV shows are going to fill in that gap.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

This has nothing to do with that lame-o, Boba Fett, right?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thats "bob A feet"

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

All I know is I'm not interested if it's about a dude who got eaten by a giant desert rectum.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Stopped bothering with any SW stuff a while ago.

Threw it into the bin with the others(Doctor who, Trek) that are all garbage now.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

am a bit gutted with whats happened with Spiderman but thats kind of off topic and not entirely Disney's fault.

well actually is sort of is.

Back in 98 if Disney didn't lobby congress to extend copyright ownership up to 95years from what it previously was, Spider-man would have been as of 1st Jan 2019 free to use if Congress didn't pass the new laws, so Sony could made their own movies while Marvel/Disney could have kept going with what they started.

Disney were going to lose the rights to Mickey Mouse back then an decided to push for extended copyright laws, they got what they wanted and in 2023 Mickey will finally be a product anyone can use without fear of Disney suing,

However its backfired on them now because Spiderman wont become available unless Sony say so until 2050 or so.

Anyway,

On topic

Looks Good, I will be getting Disney Plus, I was so glad to hear last week when they announced it will be available in Australia only a week after it comes out in the States.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Looks Good, I will be getting Disney Plus, I was so glad to hear last week when they announced it will be available in Australia only a week after it comes out in the States.

Am pretty gutted because they have not yet released a UK release date. Will probably just find some other way of watching it that cannot be discussed due to T&C

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
We will see, was so stoked with the prequels and then the new stuff and so far the only satisfying movie has been Rouge One Solo was lousy, while the Force Awakens rode the years of waiting for, the Last Jedi had so much potential and they pissed it away. So far their efforts have been basically disjointed at best. Doubt I'll see it at the theater unless it gets a huge buzz.
TV shows we wil have to see if they can adapt to that format, but Im more interested in those projects.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Its certainly interesting, how in a Galaxy, far far away, everybody seems to be turning black...
Maybe its Galaxy warming??

Even the Storm troopers turned black......considering they are all suppose to be clones of a........NZ Maori !!!

Maybe they can bring back American Graffiti the Toad Wars....the lead on from More American Graffiti.....

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

S + F

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Disney just found a way to make their billions quicker.

Think of how much there going to get in subscriptions alone, i think alot more than there movie making.

How quick will they reach one billion from subscriptions compared to how long i takes them to get one billion from a movie

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I was teetering on getting Disney plus or not. Then I saw the trailer earlier today... I’m so getting it!!

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Very interesting, look's like it might even be better than the movies they made it's been a long time we have needed an anti hero main character to lead a plot.

I wonder if this Mandalore is out for revenge since the empire attempted to wipe out his people whom would not bend the knee to them OR if he is an avid musician that bought all those drum helmets from an aging Ewok (terrifying cannibal teddy bears they are more dark side than the emperor - who was probably really a not completely evil guy - kind of anyway - as he just wanted to unite the empire to resist the coming vong invasion he had seen in a force vision long before - you never saw old palp eating his enemy's - though you know the sith loved to cause suffering as it created energy that as dark force users they could harness and so they allowed slavery and worse since it created a lot of dark emotions that fed the dark side of the force).

It they do it right this could be better than the movies, not that hard considering how Disney trashed the star wars universe and it all depend's if these have a better writer and director behind them let's hope so.

Star Wars for the grown up's but I doubt I shall ever get to see it as Disney is likely to only release this on it's own subscription service.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join