It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Ready to Stop the Anchor Baby Loophole

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Phoenix

What part of the first sentence is 'run on'?

Run on is done by modern readers who cannot fathom two or three part sentences with several functions in one - makes for a complete failure to understand or, on flip side, provides an excuse to purposely misunderstand language,

I go with #2

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

You are Indian

No I only lived there......

The French side of the family were the persecuted Hugonotes who came to

England (refugees) and then went to India in the late 1700's.

The English side were the sons of solicitors and landowners from the south of

England who went over in the army.

I am the mongrel mix of the ^^^two^^^

I hope proud?

Of who I am?....... I am!!

Care to share some HOT curry recipes mate?

Wish I could, but it was my mother who was the most wonderful cook in

the family and she never lifted a finger or cooked before the age of thirty!!

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

The first Supreme Court decisions on citizenship were long before 'modern readers', what's the issue with them?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

You are Indian

No I only lived there......

The French side of the family were the persecuted Hugonotes who came to

England (refugees) and then went to India in the late 1700's.

The English side were the sons of solicitors and landowners from the south of

England who went over in the army.

I am the mongrel mix of the ^^^two^^^

I hope proud?

Of who I am?....... I am!!

Care to share some HOT curry recipes mate?

Wish I could, but it was my mother who was the most wonderful cook in

the family and she never lifted a finger or cooked before the age of thirty!!

Thanks for your response... And yep... You should be pretty blumming proud of who you are👍👍👍

Me wants curry recipes... pretty please with big brown sexy puppy dog eyes??? Pretty please? 😉😉😉😁
edit on 26-8-2019 by Lagomorphe because: I wanted to say bloody instead of that crap word called blumming but wasn’t sure if a Puritan mod here would disagree so I decided to stay safe...

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Some fine folks have brought up some good points.

The problem I have (and by no means am I a Constitutional scholar) is that people are interpreting the intent of the 14th Amendment.

Now many have tried to interpret the 2nd Amendment instead of taking it at face value. The reason that it is not "wordy" is that the meaning remains clear.

I think the same should apply to the 14th Amendment.

I believe that the Trump administration is wrong on this. The wording is clear. I'm not a big fan of the anchor baby program, but I also can't pick and choose what I like or want from the Constitution.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Me wants curry recipes... pretty please with big brown sexy puppy dog eyes??? Pretty please? 😉😉😉😁

If I remember correctly you are in France?

If I'm right in that do they have no Indian restaurants there?

Today there cant be a town in the UK which hasn't got at least one Indian restaurant

I live in a small village/town and there are five plus takeaways. There were totally

none when we first returned to the UK. The only one that I was lucky enough to go

to was in London, opened by a retired army colonel who had served in India.

At first it was very difficult for my mother to make the curries etc as the raw

ingredients were hard to come by and she would get regular food parcels of the

ingredients from relatives still there in India!

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

First SCOTUS was lifetime before 14th was added.

The main fallacy here is postulating post civil war States passed an Amendment allowing "blank check" illegal immigrants popping a kid to suddenly be legal.

I contend no way would that fly.

The mental twists and turns required to ignore circumstances existing when 14th was added are extraordinary along with puposeful ignorance of term "and subject to jurisdiction thereof" making this another "made up rights" out of nothing serving agendas rather than the country or constitution.

edit on 26-8-2019 by Phoenix because: sp

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

First SCOTUS was lifetime before 14th was added.

We're discussing the Amendemtn itself so I'm specifically referring to their rulings on that in the 1800's when it wasn't viewed as a 'run on sentence' as you stated happens now. They knew what they were ruling on, it was contemporaneous.

The mental twists and turns required to ignore circumstances existing when 14th was added are extraordinary along with puposeful ignorance of term "and subject to jurisdiction thereof" making this another "made up rights" out of nothing serving agendas rather than the country or constitution.

If they wanted the circumstances added to the calculus the wording would be different. It is what it is and it's been ruled on repeatedly.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

If I remember correctly you are in France?

If I'm right in that do they have no Indian restaurants there?

Today there cant be a town in the UK which hasn't got at least one Indian restaurant

I live in a small village/town and there are five plus takeaways. There were totally

none when we first returned to the UK. The only one that I was lucky enough to go

to was in London, opened by a retired army colonel who had served in India.

At first it was very difficult for my mother to make the curries etc as the raw

ingredients were hard to come by and she would get regular food parcels of the

ingredients from relatives still there in India!

Yep I am in France and we do have the rare Indian restaurant that caters for à Yorkshire mans tongue... but very rare as French people have a sensitive palate...

I spent most of my childhood days around Leeds and Bradford...

I do have a supplier of certain spices but what I miss is a REAL bum burning “put the bog roll in the freezer for the morning after” curry...

Lags

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
White House senior adviser Stephen Miller says they're getting closer to an Executive Order that will stop the Anchor Baby onslaught !!

Anchor Babies are people born in the U.S. to foreign born non U.S. Citizens, often illegal immigrants.

The general "accepted" assumption is that anyone born on U.S. soil is automatically a Natural Born Citizen.

Some loose court cases have generally upheld all claims in the past.

Seem the 14th Amendment is the Mainstay.

Lots of arguments over the entire mess.

Now what ?

Stephen Miller: Trump Exploring ‘All Legal Options’ to End ‘Crazy’ Anchor Baby Policy

White House senior adviser Stephen Miller says President Trump is currently reviewing “all legal options” to end the country’s birthright citizenship policy which has allowed millions of illegal aliens to secure American citizenship for their U.S.-born children.
Last week, Trump told the media is he “very seriously” looking at signing an executive order that will end birthright citizenship in the U.S., calling the policy “frankly ridiculous.”

During an interview with Fox News’ John Roberts, Miller said the White House is, in fact, reviewing “all legal options” to end birthright citizenship where an average of about 300,000 U.S.-born children of illegal aliens — often referred to as “anchor babies” — are born every year. According to the Fox News interview

"Anchors Away Muchachos !!!"

Oof, Мелания?

Мелания да нет?

edit on 26-8-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: Sillyolme
So now he doesn't even want brown people who are born here to live here.
Nice one.
He wants to end the laws that say if you're born in a country you are a citizen of that country even though thats the way it is all over the planet.
What an idiot.
Hey were his parents US citizens? Can we get rid of him that easily?
Was he even born? I think he hatched myself.

“Brown people”

Racist much?

When Trump complains about people "walking across the border" to give birth, yeah, he's talking about "brown people". We don't have a problem with Canadians "walking across the border" to give birth.

edit on 26-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

A foreigner, whilst in the US, is not sbject to US juristiction.

Really? Then how is it that they can be arrested for breaking the laws of the US? How is it they can be tried in US courts and forced to serve time in US jails and prisons when convicted, and not deported instead? How come diplomats can't be?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
If Trump's attempt to stop the anchor baby loophole fails then there is another option. If he keeps the presidency and the Republicans take the house then Congress can simply pass a law defining that citizenship requires at least one citizen parent at the time of birth. Problem solved.

Article 1 sec. 8 gives Congress that authority.

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

Also Trump could argue that the current anchor baby policy was never the intent of Congress and therefore not valid.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

MAGA! I love this, he announced this a while ago and the MSM and TDS set howled that Trump was changing the constitution! When of course this is another example of a situation where all Trump is doing is reading a law as it is written instead of how it has been misinterpreted or abused. Like doing away with Obama's illegal EOs or pretending that federal protections "on the basis of sex" somehow apply to homosexuals, Trump is fixing all of that. We are returning to the rule of law that made us great.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That racism comes from only within you, based on ignorance and racism. You must think that Mexicans are all "brown" is that what you think? Is "Mexican" a race? Do they have a color? Are Canadians sneaking over our border to immigrate here illegally? What color are Canadians?
All that racism comes from within you, stop it, and stop projecting it on the president and others.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Nice one.
He wants to end the laws that say if you're born in a country you are a citizen of that country even though thats the way it is all over the planet.
What an idiot.

“Brown people”

Racist much?

When Trump complains about people "walking across the border" to give birth, yeah, he's talking about "brown people". We don't have a problem with Canadians "walking across the border" to give birth.

For some odd reason Canadians don’t come here and abuse our system. Hmmm, maybe you’re smart enough to figure this out? IDK

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Nice one.
What an idiot.

“Brown people”

Racist much?

Do you have concrete evidence to back up your lame claims?

If so please show non biased links here.

Thank you.

Lags

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

So, it IS just the southern border's brown people, then, that "walk across the border and give birth", that Trump was talking about.

edit on 26-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

"You have people on the border and in one day, they walk over and have a baby and now all of the sudden, we're supposed to pay the baby," said Trump in an interview with CNN's Chris Cuomo in August 2015. "I believe you can win it legally."

www.newsweek.com...

So, again...Are we having a problem with Canadians walking across the border and giving birth? Or, is Trump talking about "brown people" on the southern border.

Hmmm?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

a reply to: Lagomorphe

"You have people on the border and in one day, they walk over and have a baby and now all of the sudden, we're supposed to pay the baby," said Trump in an interview with CNN's Chris Cuomo in August 2015. "I believe you can win it legally."

www.newsweek.com...

So, again...Are we having a problem with Canadians walking across the border and giving birth? Or, is Trump talking about "brown people" on the southern border.

Hmmm?

I want to see concrete evidence about your “brown people” claim.

Concrete and non biased please.

Thank you.

Lags

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join