It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently I Was Born In The Wrong Body

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I didn't attack Christ, I mentioned that I witnessed hypocrisy within Christianity.

I don't dislike or not believe in Christ though unlike some people I am not ignorant nor narcissistic enough to be able to claim unequivocal knowledge of our creator.

I'm open to all sorts of possibilities, you should give it a go 'kid'.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Well then I am sorry and I actually could not agree more but you know we are all at least to some degree guilty of being hypocrites.

I always remember when Christ had the woman brought to him whom they wanted to stone under Mosaic Law because she had been caught in adultery or was a prostitute or something.

He bent down and wrote something.
I like to think that maybe he wrote "you will not kill" quoting the ten commandment's which of course over rule Mosaic Laws (which was supposed to be an expansion upon them)
The second time he wrote because he did so twice I like to think he quoted this "No other god's before me" because they were placing Mosaic law BEFORE God himself and treating it like it was God instead.
He also picked up a stone because he knew each and every soul there and all of there crime's and said "Let he that is without sin throw the first stone", by this time he had shamed them and they dropped there stones and walked away so he said "Then Neither shall I" and dropped the stone he had been holding while looking at THEM.

You know they attacked him because he went to the pub and sat there talking to what they referred to as Sinner when every man among them was at least as bad as those he talked too - but far more the hypocrite than those men in the pub.

So sorry if I came over too hard and you are correct.

You know if we are going to live like for ever or even just a very long time we are bound to make mistakes, do some pretty bad things even and yet he always gives us another chance - to a degree as there are limits even on his patience but if some of us are reincarnated how many chances have we had already? - I personally like I say do not believe in reincarnation but it is possible.

As for that native north american thing, a lot of us feel for them, a lot of us feel like humanity lost something precious with the almost complete destruction of them and America is by far the more poor both culturally and spiritually for that loss and many of us have had that daydream of seeing a wise old white haired native american man (some would call him grandfather) sitting by his fire in the desert lands perhaps among the rock's or perhaps sitting before a tent looking up at the night sky and speaking to our inner self, just maybe they are real there own children gone were would the spirits that God had and wanted to send into this world then have to go but into the people that had stolen there place, myself though I always felt a link to Israel or the land's of Judea but maybe there is something of the Nomad in all our hears even those like me and I am like a tree when I live somewhere I hate being uprooted.

edit on 26-8-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
a reply to: Lumenari

This isn't me saying it. These are indigenous elders that believe I am one of them born in a European mans body.

I'm well aware of the troubles associated with non-indigenous people believing they have some conenction to indigenous culture hence my hesitation to even entertain the idea of a past life etc.

You might also want to do your research on Australian indigenous peoples.

I'll give you a hand, there's

This

And This

And This One

And an internet full of more if that is not enough for you.

The internet is fine with me... your current Aborigine "culture" was from people who came off the boat to Australia about 4,000 years ago.

Perhaps you should use a search engine better.

As far as people telling you that you are not who you actually are, have fun with that.

I know a guy that is the best grass dancer you have ever seen... fluent in Cherokee, Delaware and knows all the traditions.

He's not a Cherokee trapped in a white guy's body.

He's a white guy that did his homework and no matter how he tries, is never going to have a CDIB card.

Have fun, explore other cultures, learn something, reach your limit with it.

But at the end of the day, you genetically are who you are so you should probably make your peace with that before you are the next Grey Owl.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I guess your lack of reply is because you are reading the articles I provided?

I spoke to the Hopi and the Chinese (wow, did you that China encompasses multiple ethnicities and cultures talk about cultural ignorance!)

They suggested I refer you back to the indigenous Australians.

The lack of reply is because my wife and I have never seen Game of Thrones so we are binge watching it on our time off.

Interesting that you spoke to the Hopi... how does that language work out for you?

Took the time to go to the First Mesa?

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Who are these people you speak of who came here 4,000 years ago? They would be news to me and indigenous Australians. Whilst the information is located on the internet it is the result of scientific study and research.

I'm genuinely interested as to who these boat people are.

Don't worry, I'm not sold on this and I actually have a very healthy interest and respect for my genetic heritage and ancestral culture although it was destroyed long ago.

If I really wanted to appropriate a culture and try to cling to it to get away from my whiteness I would try to exploit the very small percentage of Maori in me.

ETA: as for speaking with the Hopi you know I was being facetious, not called for really. Regardless, indigenous Aussies are still the oldest continuing culture and civilisation on earth. Fact.
edit on 2582019 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: Lumenari

Not too "up" on Aussie politics soOo... is cultural appropriation still OK there?

As a Cherokee, just wondering.

As for the "oldest continuing culture and civilization", you may want to speak to the Chinese about that.

Or the Hopi.

My ex wife is Cherokee too. She is 2 years younger then you. She also has the same preference
We still love each other, but that is why we divorced. Ive been meaning to tell you.

I do hope that you still get along.

If it's any comfort, some people are lucky enough to be able to find what it is they really are, as opposed to what they are supposed to be.

Someone who loves another allows that to happen.

You sound like an amazing person for not harboring any ill-will.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I was being #ty when I posted the cultural appropriation thing and I am sorry about that... I have had a few year battle with someone else on the subject and it spilled over onto you.

My apologies.

That being said, I'm still interested in what the Hopi told you.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   

your current Aborigine "culture" was from people who came off the boat to Australia about 4,000 years ago

Prehistory is a tough one to find solid facts being so long ago. From what I can make out so far, the current species of Australian Aboriginals goes back about 50K years. Before then there appears to be some genetic shift with the previous species going back 200K years. There is still a lot of research and discussion going on.

There have also been many boat people over the years with traces of Egypt, Vikings and Chinese scattered throughout the DNA. This goes way back before the British established a colony.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Haha they told me that the indigenous Aussies are the oldest!

Appreciate the apology though depending in your view you may be correct. I have a tattoo sleeve of a Cree chieftain and prophecy that has been with me since I was 3. I got it after visiting America and a Native American exhibit near battery park in NY.

I cried my eyes out whilst in there and afterwards and began it soon after returning home. I was 23 and felt compelled only to subsequently realise how it could be of offense to indigenous North Americans.

It's not to adorn myself with something I think is exotic and cool but because I was so moved after that experience that I represented it in the misguided way that only young men can achieve.

Flame away.

edit on 2682019 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

The Viking part was a proven hoax unfortunately.

There have definitely been many visitors here over the tens of thousands of years of habitation though none of them to the knowledge of the relevant professionals settled, bred with or influenced the local culture and genetics. Atleast not on a scale that can be identified.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Reminds me of that episode of family guy when peter discovers he has black ancestors. Just on a fyi, I would not go all gaga over what some mushrooms tell you. They like to mess with chumps sometimes, its not the definitive answer to all of life, the universe and everything.

You know, when somebody looks so hard to find something special about themselves, they usually have some sort of little man syndrome. Just saying. Maybe what the mushrooms are really trying to say is that you should look inward. Probably just stuff that got lost in translation. Or poor communication skills, fungus are not known for there communication skills. Ah well # happens and now you believe your a black man in a white mans body.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

It seems you lack basic reading skills so I'm not sure if this is worth typing but let me reiterate.

THIS IS NOT ME CLAIMING IT

This is what two indigenous elders told me THEY believe.

Mushrooms are definitely not the answer to everything, perhaps even anything.

The fact that you have a good 1k stars less than your comments and what appears to be a serious love for such vomit as Family Guy is indicative of the worth of your comments.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

a reply to: TexasTruth

The 'you' Europeans was tongue in cheek but on reflection reads poorly.

I'm not sure who my people are - could be Celts, Anglo Saxons, Norse, Maltese (and there's atleast half a dozen races that make up Maltese) coupled with the fact that I was born in Australia so I have no idea. Fun story, I wrote a song about it.

Thank you for the level response, I tried to not be too abrasive and you answered likewise.
As for the Aboriginal’s telling you that, I think I would take it as a compliment and continue the friendship and comradery with them.
Unfortunately I always envision the worst, which would be a pastey white guy with a vicious sunburn, naked except for a squirrel loin cloth, leaning on his spear while putting on war paint, and whining about the white men killing the land. Lol

PS: I’m a musician too, so I’ll listen if you got it.
edit on 26-8-2019 by TexasTruth because: Music

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Well that does not make it better, I would much prefer it to come straight from the mushrooms then some two humies say, why do they call them elders? How old are they? So what do you believe then? After all it seemed to motivate you to write up a thread about it. Do you somehow fell more ancient and wise now?

And dont mind my what stars or comments to tell the truth, I never thought about it. I dont much partake on this site anymore, and even when I did, still never thought about it. Seems like a waste of a second.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

And fair enough too, connection to anything but white cultures for white people is all the rage nowadays. It probably won't change much in my day to day life to be honest except to listen for 'the old people' more and call on them to guide me as my mates suggested.

Being called black fella by them is a huge compliment.

I'll send you the link via private message. This song really resonated with the local indigenous community and I have had many of them thank me for writing it and being the only white fella in the area to address these topics in a public forum. When I wrote it I had my own identity much more in mind than anything related to indigenous affairs.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   

They are both nearly 60 and being an elder is not determined by a specific age in indigenous Australia.

I don't feel more ancient or wise, I will however listen for the voices of the old people and call upon them to guide me. I believe that like another member posted I am a spirit that is neither black, white, male, female or otherwise that has been embedded in this physical vehicle and that perhaps my indigenous friends recognise my spirit from a previous incarnation. Still, I have my doubts and remain open to all possibilities.

I know likes, stars etc. are a bit petty but in a community such as this is it is an indication as to what your peers think your worth is.

You had a crack at humor and making me look silly, good try

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Don't be ridiculous, if I was trying to make you look and sound silly, it would happen. If it has not happened, then that just means that was not what I was getting at. I merely pointed out that your whole intro and opening post, is like a family guy episode.

But anyways. That what you said above, is more to the point and descriptive then your OP. Which I do confess, I read. A few minutes ago it seems, but forgot what it was about already. Were do the mushrooms come in, on all this? But hey, I suppose being aboriginal or black or whatever it is your talking about in a past life is really, well, I dont even know the categorization for such things anymore, seems everybody is something in something else body or some long lost reborn soul.

Could be, or it could just be that they need a bit of ego stroking, or both casses. Either way, dont think it mater either way besides that it may make a good family guy episode.

Of all the things I was in my past lives, and unlives, I dont even bother to remember anymore. Though on that subject, since were on that same sort of subject and since you seem to like digital flags and stars, lowki2 was quite a poplar fellow for as long as he bothered with this site. So, here is my favorite one from some time ago, it was quite the rage while it lasted and it also was about past lifes.

I was a Gray Alien in a past life.

As you can see, being a black man in a white mans body, is really not the point I was getting at, nor do I care either way. Now if you said you were bigfoot in a past life? Maybe I would have read past the first page. Just saying.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   

You fail to comprehend anything I have said with any accuracy and your responses are rubbish.

From here on in I will ignore you.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

your current Aborigine "culture" was from people who came off the boat to Australia about 4,000 years ago

Prehistory is a tough one to find solid facts being so long ago. From what I can make out so far, the current species of Australian Aboriginals goes back about 50K years. Before then there appears to be some genetic shift with the previous species going back 200K years. There is still a lot of research and discussion going on.

There have also been many boat people over the years with traces of Egypt, Vikings and Chinese scattered throughout the DNA. This goes way back before the British established a colony.

True.

But if someone prefaces their opinion on older civilizations and cultures, one should probably at least define waht a culture and civilization means.

In Australia, is there any evidence of "civilization" at all for the Aborigines?

Any older cities, any stone building, any evidence of advanced harvesting or farming techniques, any... anything?

Any evidence that they discovered the wheel, figured out irrigation, had a written language... anything that would point to a civilization?

So no... you can't really say that they even had a Civilization.

They were hunter-gatherers, had a few influxes of different DNA strands through the 50k years or so that they were there and the only real evidence of a culture started about 4k years ago.

If you want to put that against the record of everywhere else in the world, China had a "culture" and a "Civilization" a lot further back then that.

As did the Americas, Africa, Europe.

So here we are...

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Haha they told me that the indigenous Aussies are the oldest!

Appreciate the apology though depending in your view you may be correct. I have a tattoo sleeve of a Cree chieftain and prophecy that has been with me since I was 3. I got it after visiting America and a Native American exhibit near battery park in NY.

I cried my eyes out whilst in there and afterwards and began it soon after returning home. I was 23 and felt compelled only to subsequently realise how it could be of offense to indigenous North Americans.

It's not to adorn myself with something I think is exotic and cool but because I was so moved after that experience that I represented it in the misguided way that only young men can achieve.

Flame away.

When you attend a White Rattlesnake dance come back and tell me about it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join