It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple and Samsung sued over cancer risk from phone radiation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
What a world. I remember as a teenager when I was all excited to get a flip phone that I could send texts with (and you had to text with the number buttons). Cell phones have gone through a lot of changes over the years... And now they may be killing us with radiation.

Apple and Samsung have been hit with a class-action lawsuit over claims that their phones expose users to radio frequency emissions up to 500 percent beyond federal limits.

The risks of such radiation levels, it continues, include “increased cancer risk, cellular stress...genetic damages, learning and memory deficits, neurological disorders,” and a laundry list of other medical problems.

No major public health organization has thus far been able to link cell phone use with cancer or other serious ailments. However, a number of studies have found that even at levels far below those set by the FCC, significant health effects are possible. Radiation 2,000 times lower than the 1.6 limit was found to weaken the DNA of lab rats and decrease their sperm count. A dose four times lower was found to statistically increase the likelihood of malignant tumors, while exposure to just under half the limit alters the sleep patterns of users.
Source

This is going to be an interesting thing to watch over the next decade or two, especially now that 5G towers are going up everywhere. On one hand, significantly lower levels of radiation than what we are exposed to on a regular basis have been shown to damage the DNA in rats, increase the risk of cancer, and alter sleep patterns. On the other hand, cell phone use hasn't yet been officially linked to cancer or other serious ailments... But that doesn't really mean anything, especially considering how money tends to influence findings and decisions, particularly when it comes to cancer and the things that cause it.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
i only ever use mobile phones on speaker ( aand i rarely use them at all). i didn't like the idea of microwaving my brain.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Whether or not it's proved the phones cause cancer , there's a federal limit , same as it's there's limits in the eu . If there wasn;t an issue with radiation there wouldn;t be a federal safety limit .

The point is there's "claims" that the phones produce 500 times the federal limit . That could probably be proved .

It might be a similar case to VW making cars engines that would pass emissions limit tests but which belched out way more than limits at any other time than testing - such as when they were being driven . They had an algorythm that would alter the fuel air mix when it sensed an mot tester . Shady stuff .

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

No major public health organization has thus far been able to link cell phone use with cancer or other serious ailments.

They should probably look outside the US then for studies.

Like Sweden, just off the top of my head.

What I have found in helping with my wife's cancer battle is that there are always several promising new findings being found outside the US, but America itself can't seem to be able to follow up on the studies.

Or in two cases I know of, have terminated the studies when it found that homeopathic methods in the US have greater success rates than standard chemo/radiation therapies.

I agree that this will be an interesting thing to watch but don't see America any time soon going anywhere in the battle on cancer.

After all, there is no real money in "curing" it.

Quite the opposite... it would hurt our economy.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
What is the purpose of suing, unless you have accepted FCC warnings about risk, with conclusive proof to back it up? (And, they do not.)

Now, if the FCC is lying, or covering up conclusive proof, then they should be absolutely culpable, and take THEM down.

Mainstream Academic Science should be mandated to come up with at least 10 standard, double-blind experiments , selected by the chairs of those departments, that would tell the story either way, and present them to the government AND the public as soon as results are available. This would end the bickering and give us hard information.

All we have now are a bunch of pseudo-experts that cannot agree on anything , alarming the public and continuously fueling the conspiracy coffers.

President Trump could provide this mandate, and the penalty for not complying would be the loss of grant funding for these universities and top chairs.

It is all about responsibility, and we have the right person in charge presently that could pull it off.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
There is instructions with most phones nowadays that state you have to keep the phone a minimum of a half inch from your head. All phones give off signals that can contribute to cancer formation, so does your cordless phone and even the speaker in your land line hard wired phone. They need to put warnings on phones not to talk on them so much, maybe people will notice there is a world around them. You can probably get serious damage to your fingers from texting too much too.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

No major public health organization has thus far been able to link cell phone use with cancer or other serious ailments.

They should probably look outside the US then for studies.

Like Sweden, just off the top of my head.

What I have found in helping with my wife's cancer battle is that there are always several promising new findings being found outside the US, but America itself can't seem to be able to follow up on the studies.

Or in two cases I know of, have terminated the studies when it found that homeopathic methods in the US have greater success rates than standard chemo/radiation therapies.

I agree that this will be an interesting thing to watch but don't see America any time soon going anywhere in the battle on cancer.

After all, there is no real money in "curing" it.

Quite the opposite... it would hurt our economy.

The USA does not test this stuff and will not accept research from other countries unless the ones governing it want to accept the evidence. Look how much money is spent on internet and phones nowadays.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

About time, this is why Nokia and Erickson started to get cold feet as far back as the 90's and 2000's because even then they knew that it would only be a matter of time before the fact's proved themselves and the growing evidence could not be denied any longer that putting a microwave transmitter that close to your head could not be good for you, they saw that it would be like what had happened with the cigarette company's in the past when cancer was proven to be linked to cigarettes and that means' that the phone company's shall now also use those same tactics in the courts making as much profit as they can from these nefarious devices while using there own experts to deny, prove against and discredit the research that show's link's to brain tumors making the court cases exceedingly long and drag them through long decades of litigation, law suit and counter law suit before anyone EVER get's any justice.

edit on 25-8-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   
People find the most innovative ways to make money.

Certainly the lawyers will get rich on this one. I cannot help thinking that properly peer reviewed and scientifically relevant research should go first. But "no". Money driving action, rather than common sense and evidence.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Not only the phones but the towers are horrible as well. We need more people fighting this issue because it's obvious scientists have been paid off or steered away from it.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Leaving this here:
Homeopathic 6X colosynthis for nausea and feeling low in mind. Boericke and Tafel or another reliable company.

Be sure wife has nutritional support. Consider bone broth. As someone who has given up on US typical medicine.

I have found all the vitamins and health food won't do good if the gut is not good. I strengthened mine with bone broth. (homemade).

She can win this. But she needs to understand one thing a retired oncologist said to me "CHANGE YOUR PARADIGM" This is a lifelong war. I am in it 12 years and feel great.
a reply to: Lumenari

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
What a world. I remember as a teenager when I was all excited to get a flip phone that I could send texts with (and you had to text with the number buttons). Cell phones have gone through a lot of changes over the years... And now they may be killing us with radiation.

Apple and Samsung have been hit with a class-action lawsuit over claims that their phones expose users to radio frequency emissions up to 500 percent beyond federal limits.

The risks of such radiation levels, it continues, include “increased cancer risk, cellular stress...genetic damages, learning and memory deficits, neurological disorders,” and a laundry list of other medical problems.

No major public health organization has thus far been able to link cell phone use with cancer or other serious ailments. However, a number of studies have found that even at levels far below those set by the FCC, significant health effects are possible. Radiation 2,000 times lower than the 1.6 limit was found to weaken the DNA of lab rats and decrease their sperm count. A dose four times lower was found to statistically increase the likelihood of malignant tumors, while exposure to just under half the limit alters the sleep patterns of users.
Source

This is going to be an interesting thing to watch over the next decade or two, especially now that 5G towers are going up everywhere. On one hand, significantly lower levels of radiation than what we are exposed to on a regular basis have been shown to damage the DNA in rats, increase the risk of cancer, and alter sleep patterns. On the other hand, cell phone use hasn't yet been officially linked to cancer or other serious ailments... But that doesn't really mean anything, especially considering how money tends to influence findings and decisions, particularly when it comes to cancer and the things that cause it.

Does anyone else ever get a weird vibrating feeling in their thigh like they had a phone in their pocket on vibrate? Loadsa times I've gone to "answer my phone" and realised there's no phone in my pocket...

top topics

join