It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump Administration Asked The Supreme Court To Legalize Firing Workers Simply For Being Gay

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Isnt Israel gay...

Like no offense intended, but I could sworn they actually said they were gayest in middle east.

God is my witness.
edit on 26-8-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I would not want to work for anyone that's homophobic.

Would you?

Realistically, all the same, the majority of people seldom get to choose their boss.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

They were never in the position of losing their jobs over being gay.

I hail from the UK, just like they do.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Where have i suggested ""special treatment""? LoL

Quite the opposite, treat everyone the same no matter there sexuality.

Or better yet don't even broach the subject unless there is an appropriate reason to do so.

And employment is simply not a valid reason imho.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
"Hey SC, since the law lays out protection for people based upon their sex, doesn't that mean it only protects people from discrimination based on.... their sex?"

Media (and the Left) - "oooohhhhh eeeemmmmmm ggggeeeeeeeee! You hate gay people! You want to fire anyone who identifies as LGBTQ for any reason, just because they're not Cis! RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Is that it? Did I pretty much hit all of the main bullet points?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz
Sorry buddy, but you asked for it - gays are going over the line, this is pushback.

How are they going over the line???

Talking about Canada is a red herring. Trump is proposing this for AMERICA.

This less than 5% of the population wants CONTROL of the MAJORITY.
NO. Enough !

LOL! How exactly are they CONTROLLING anybody?

Majority Rule. NOW !
If majority rule is good for South Africa it is also good for everywhere in the West.

Really stupid statement. Keep spreading your bigotry.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I love how not once did you address how your OP is proven fake news.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No, the headline is somewhat misleading but is hardly mine but from the artical, the news story, reported from multiple sources is quite real.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Yes its all just ""Fake NEWS". LoL

How come anything you don't like amounts to fake news?

It's really beginning to get old that chestnut.

It's fake news because your source made up a sensationalized headline based on lies. The article itself quotes how this is fake news.

Headline

The Trump Administration Asked The Supreme Court To Legalize Firing Workers Simply For Being Gay

What fake news buzzfeed did not include.

Congress has amended other statutes expressly to cover sexual-orientation discrimination, and it remains free to do the same with Title VII. But until it does, this Court should enforce the statute as it is written.

So the Trump admin is saying the law should be followed and amended so the protections are actual and legal.

OMG so much orange and bad!

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

No, the headline is somewhat misleading but is hardly mine but from the artical, the news story, reported from multiple sources is quite real.

No, the news story is fake news and not real. It, like any good fake news lie, is based on something real, but it was twisted to the point that the story is no longer true.

Unless by real you mean they really did post that fake news, then yes, they really posted the fake news.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

David Badash quotes "the blade", Asher Stockler,...

Sources are the authors, just because you find it on the net...

That an many responses here are very correct.

mg

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

That's it in a nutshell. Congress makes the law. I laugh every time someone in the present slate of DNC candidates stands up and says, "I'm running to make a law..." Well, guess what idiot? You're already in Congress where the laws get made!

Congress makes the laws; the Executive enforces them. If there's ambiguity, then and only then can the President make an Executive Order to fill in the gaps. Every single thing that Congress complains about Trump doing, they have the power to make him stop. Just pass a law; that's why they are even there.

But no... cry to a judge, complain on TV, whine to the media, and in the process accomplish absolutely nothing. It's no wonder Trump got elected! He is actually doing things!

Congress could shut Trump up on this within the hour. All they have to do is pass one simple little law that says "Add the words 'sexual preference' after the word 'sex.' That's it! Donald Trump is then bound by law to enforce that. If he doesn't enforce it, it is an impeachable offense, unlike protecting the border or getting two scoops of ice cream. Dereliction of duty; failure to enforce the law.

Congress could have fixed the DACA issue the same way. Pass a bill that says the DACA Executive Order signed by Obama is now codified as written. Done. Can't be deported. Fixed. But no... can't do that! The legislature can't be expected to legislate!

People all over Congress were crying about Jeff Sessions going after marijuana users. Just pass a law that takes it off the list of prohibited substances. Done. Sessions can't do one damn thing about it. Fixed! But even with control of both houses of Congress and the Executive, did the DNC do it? No. They cried about how it shouldn't be illegal, but they wouldn't make it not illegal.

Sorry, but I get on a rant about this kind of thing. It's like a plumber crying about his sink is backed up or an electrician complaining that his house blew a fuse. Congress makes the laws. If someone is a Congressman and they are complaining about the laws, then it's about time they shut up and actually fixed things. Not cry and whine and complain while sitting on their hands, then trying to get a job outside of Congress by promising to do what they won't do inside Congress.

OK, rant over...

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I appreciate the rant, my thoughts congruently follow similar.

So few here post anymore chiding lack of educated facts, do research on sources, recognize politics vs. laws or even review positions thus only grab simplified prewritten self percieved "truths" and 'sensationalist" propaganda in a click....treat probable facts as a buffet, take what you like at the moment and leave the rest...

From what I've read over time, few even understand the process of laws. Even newly elected far left reps...have zero clue, yet have followers.

I recognize, education was the first to go and allowing the presence of ingnorants...

(purposefully not "ignorance") clarity..

mg

edit on 26-8-2019 by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2019 by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
8 pages in length, and at least a dozen people have pointed out inaccuracies in the article. And liberals are still on here arguing about what exactly?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz
What rights exactly do trannys get that non trannys dont?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

What election fraud did Hillary engage in?

You really need to backup these statements you're making.

A proclaimation from you, even from a knight, needs backup.

Because Hillary did not engage in election fraud EVER....

You are just stating opinion and you know what they say about those...

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88
Isnt Israel gay...

Like no offense intended, but I could sworn they actually said they were gayest in middle east.

God is my witness.

You just made my point. Subjective statements lead to what? Facts:

Israel recognizes same sex marriages, but not performed in country, businesses are not forced to accept same sex patrons..

your point, without reinforcing mine deeper?

mg

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Gays keep pushing the goalposts and do not want mere equality but DOMINATION

This statement is the very definition of homophobia.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

can i call you the liar of the month for pulling this to the most ignorant people on earth

sorry other people, sane people, didnt mean you,was just pointing out the truth

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
California's a right to work state. An employer can fire anybody at any time and don't even have to provide a reason. "Just not working out." "Aren't a good fit with the team." Whatever. As long as nobody says or writes anything that says the reason was that the person was gay, the person fired can't really do anything about it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join