It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paraphrased notes on Tom Delonge's March 27th, 2016 interview with George Knapp

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shere Khaan

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

You know what seriously annoys me? That someone would come on ATS and post their story like this...and then poof....disappear. Tom DeLonge stuck around for a whopping 30 days. Posted 1 (2?) thread(s).... Then I guess he felt ATS wasn't worth his continued attention? Maybe he felt it served its purpose? Found a better forum? I don't know....but when you read his first two sentences -

I hate to say it but ATS is loaded with toxic diatribe; especially if you disagree. Plus there are conspiracy nutters here that make your mind reel. A personality/celebrity like DeLonge comes along and he attracts the full gamut, so personally, I understand it completely.

Fair enough statement...I can sympathize with it to a degree.... Except:

1. There are nutters all over the internet. ATS doesn't have the market on the crazies.
Have you ever been to Reddit?
2. You start talking UFO's and that's almost like a Moth-to-a-Flame attraction for crazies so should Tom have expected? That's not to say there aren't A LOT of very normal people who are NOT crazy and can have a very legitimate conversation around UFO's or any conspiracy, for that matter.
3. He only actually posted replies for day but his last login was 30 days from his initial registration. Of course, he could have continued the conversation in private messages.

I stated my personal opinion a few posts earlier. I think Tom has a genuine interest in UFO's. However, I also think he saw a way to make money and his day-long interaction on ATS was simply a way to float some ideas toward that end. Either he got what he was looking for or realized ATS wasn't the avenue he thought it might be and decided to move on to something that was a better fit. Either way, I don't think he was here to have a real honest debate or discussion about his opinions on UFO for the purposes of collaborating with others or seeking truth or even educating those who are still trying to figure it out. I think he had purely selfish intentions (and no, I'm not really judging that....).
edit on 30-8-2019 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2019 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join