It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Google Stop Hijacking People With Dos Attack Ransomware

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: billxam

Ok there's some possibles there , changing ip via location has sometimes made it go away . At the end of the day though you're just trying to log in to oneall via gmail , so 'this device is not recognised' is not an acceptable response . You could be on any device or a public device at the library . Also , I've found I can log in to youtube with the same gmail , but not into ats at the same time . But log into ats , and your automatically logged in youtube too. Theres something wrong there it seems .
Disregarding that ats question for the moment , why would asking for a verification code to be sent to your phone not provoke you to just do as asked ? Why did you never just pay the fee and get the code sent , at those 'uh-oh' moments ?

What I'm thinking other than google being super paranoid about it's users being who they say they are is that if 'standard rates apply' to get a verification code through your phone , so you can log into oneall , this could be quite a profitable hijack of people using dos attack ransomware , just with multiple mini ransoms . Google / oneall are not explaining the problem they're giving you which they expect you to pay to fix . They're just 'this device isn't recognised , and for your security , verify it's you" . and if you don't do that they put the same block but saying 'your activity is unusual , and for your security , verify it's you' . As if it's unusual not to want to give out your phone number to get into oneall , as well as pay for the privilege at the same time .
If "Standard rates apply" . It's clear that this form of throwing a stumbling block could be very financially profitable if carried out on a large scale at the same time as being ideal for advanced data harvesting purposes .

edit on 25-8-2019 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: billxam

I Agree with your trigger assesment.

However, my point is that Google has layed down the infrastructure, activly participates and seems to choose sides, without being honoust or open about it. Even worse, fighting to disguise their operating policy to be known.

I know.. private company,..freedom.

But suspecion has been around a long time, recently whistles and documents seems to accredit those suspecions.
Let me be blunt: I think that everyone with more as two braincells know that censuring and manipulation is being applied.
Some say it is a good thing for humanity, some say it is bad, some deny, some willfully ignore.
Is there a line? Should there be a line?

Maybe there should be... but i feel not comfertable if a company has the power to decide taht line.

With respect, EO.

edit on 25-8-2019 by EartOccupant because: Cosmic interference.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
What internet browser are you using? Sounds like Google Chrome if I had to guess. Try another one like Firefox or something else and it can help with some separation of powers around all this IT stuff.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Are you using a proxy/tunneling service? Those can cause your IP address to hop around, sometimes making it look like you're trying to log in from all over the world.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Google is bigtech.

Bigtech wants to control society.

ABC company is bad.

Terminate Google before it's too late.

Google air conditioners could be a health risk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join