It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: New photos believed to be al-Zarqawi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
CNN has published photos of a man thought to be Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. Al Zarqawi is considered by many to be the mastermind behind many of the insurgent attacks and beheadings in Iraq. The photos show the man sitting with unidentified others, looking relaxed and laughing. It is unclear when the photos were taken.

www.cnn.com
CNN has obtained new pictures believed to show America's most-wanted terrorist in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, whose network carries out frequent attacks against Iraqi and U.S. civilians and multinational troops.

The United States has placed a $25 million bounty on the Jordanian-born al-Zarqawi's head. He is wanted for fueling the insurgency in Iraq and in connection with the beheadings of several Western hostages and Iraqi and Arab civilians.

Islamic Web sites have posted at least two videos said to show his followers publicly executing men they believe are associated with the U.S.-led occupation.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This may dispell the rumours that al-Zarqawi is dead. Although there is no inidication when the photos were taken, and it hasn't been 100% confirmed that it is indeed him, in all probability it is in fact the insurgent mastermind in Iraq.

[edit on 5-3-2005 by sensfan]

[edit on 5-3-2005 by sensfan]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Can someone tell me why this is getting "no" votes? It goes up, it goes down, I'm getting dizzy

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
He looks kind of big for someone on the run all the time.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Sensfan, the only reason I can think of for the "no" votes is that the opening and ending paragraphs are a little short. That used to be the criteria anyhow. Nothing wrong with your report though, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I like how there is no date on the images and no way to even confirm the person in these images is the one in question. Yet I imagine these images are being used as further justification for continued U.S. presence in Iraq.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I don't understand something, He was never claimed to be killed, so why is this News? I could understand if he "might" have been in an area of an attack, and then shows up, but we have heard from him for awhile now. Don't get drawn into it, IMO.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Me thinks CNN had a slow news day. There is no news in this at all.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The faces of Al-Zarqawi

Now is that the same man???

[edit on 3-5-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

Now is that the same man???

[edit on 3-5-2005 by worldwatcher]

yes, Or a pretty good double. The only one that doesn really fit in right is the one where he has the picnic table cloth on his head. I analyzed with photochop and they all have the same arches in their brows, Have the same wrinkle (looks like a unibrow, indentations on certain parts of head, and ears are almost identical. My spelling sucks but theres no doubt this is Zarkawi.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
In two pctures, It looks like he stuffed his jaw with fluff, like Don Corleone, perhaps an old spy trick to change appearances, or he wears a tooth prosthesis off an on ???

Maybe he had all his tooth pulled for the cause, so that one cannot capture him during random checks on his dental records , I suppose one has to make certain sacrifices to ensure kingdom come

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Countermeasures]

new topics

top topics

join