It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobody on Earth has ever seen a rocket fly up towards 'orbit', and never will

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

originally posted by: turbonium1

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: turbonium1

But it does not confirm it is true, at all. They only show it launching from Earth, with nothing shown flying up towards orbit, then they show it IN orbit, or whatever. A most crucial piece is missing here, the piece that WOULD confirm it is true.

Your Sat Nav confirms it's true.

No, it doesn't. Seeing a rocket from Earth fly up towards orbit confirms it is true.

It should be the easiest thing to show, a rocket flying up towards orbit, from our very own Earth viewpoint, so what is the problem here?

LMAO. You'll deny any presented evidence as CGI or fake anyway. So what is the point of your thread?

Don’t you see? He’s totally owning all us globe heads with his hard hitting questions.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Have you ever seen a launch of a rocket even on TV
Did you watch for 6 - 8 minutes ? (12 for a shuttle launch.)
If you did , you just took out your entire thread premise

No, they all fly out of sight, over the ocean, lower than planes at cruising altitudes.

Show me this is not the case, if you can. I'd love to see it.

SpaceX Rocket Launch Seen From Airplane Window
weather.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Have you ever seen a launch of a rocket even on TV
Did you watch for 6 - 8 minutes ? (12 for a shuttle launch.)
If you did , you just took out your entire thread premise

No, they all fly out of sight, over the ocean, lower than planes at cruising altitudes.

Show me this is not the case, if you can. I'd love to see it.

So , I take that as a no.
You NEED to watch.
Most times , on the broadcast , they follow up with scopes .
6 - 8 minutes = orbit.

Denying ignorance
Why ?
ATS Motto and my duty.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Here's one, from a plane. Or if you're on a plane do you class that as not on earth?

Here's another one (starts at 1:00), all the way from the ground to orbit, CGI right?

Here's another one, although the initial launch is not visible due to a regular person capturing it from their drive, or, is the regular person a disinfo agent with a full disinfo family?

So my question here is, If you think none of these are real, what are you actually saying? In other words, none of these are real or are hoaxed because (insert answer here).

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
If you think what i wrote was "garbage" why not visit an observatory and watch the ISS through a large telescope.
How do you think that got there?
On the back of a winged donkey perhaps?

Its good to question things,but I don't see how you arrive at the conclusion that no rocket has ever reached orbit.
Its really not that hard to prove.

Lights in the night skies don't prove anything at all.

Why can't you just show me a rocket, from Earth, flying up towards orbit? A simple request, no?

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Why have we NEVER seen a single rocket, from Earth, actually flying up, towards Earth orbit, then??

We have.

You just didn't realize what you were seeing.

First of all, when one speaks of a rocket "orbiting" the Earth, it is not the same as a sustained orbit. Satellites use sustained orbits, where their momentum is the only thing required to maintain orbit. Rockets are not intended to maintain a sustained orbit, and therefore the use of the term "orbit" only means the rocket circles the planet at high altitude.

You are correct when you say that the air friction at higher altitudes is less, and that's why rockets fly there. To get there, though, a rocket cannot simply go straight up and then make a hard left into orbit. Physics doesn't work that way. The rocket will begin its journey pointing straight up, to minimize the time spent in the denser layers of the atmosphere, and then slowly turn its nose toward the horizontal. The higher it gets,the more horizontal it flies, eventually reaching its objective altitude and flying completely horizontal. This is simply the most fuel efficient method of achieving orbit.

When one looks at a rocket flying out across the ocean, it may appear to be flying level, but it is really not. Looking at it, it appears to be flying level, because light travels in a straight line (relativity does not play into things at the velocities we are talking about). The surface of the Earth is curved, however, so the distance between the apparently straight line of the rocket's trajectory and the Earth's surface is increasing.

It sounds like you are trying to insinuate that there are no satellites in orbit and we have never been to the moon. I'm not going to go into the moon landing thing right now, because I simply don't know if it is something you can accept. The fact that there are satellites is easy to prove, though. Satellite TV cannot work without satellites. GPS cannot work without satellites. Cell phones cannot work without satellites. Yet, all these technologies work. Therefore, the satellites they rely on must exist.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

Here's one, from a plane. Or if you're on a plane do you class that as not on earth?

Here's another one (starts at 1:00), all the way from the ground to orbit, CGI right?

Here's another one, although the initial launch is not visible due to a regular person capturing it from their drive, or, is the regular person a disinfo agent with a full disinfo family?

So my question here is, If you think none of these are real, what are you actually saying? In other words, none of these are real or are hoaxed because (insert answer here).

Two of these clips don't show rockets flying up towards orbit, they are no higher than planes at cruising altitudes, around 45-50,000 feet above Earth.

The second clip seems to show a rocket skimming along the firmament, so nice work!

Orbit is supposed to be much, much higher than that, is it not?

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
If you think what i wrote was "garbage" why not visit an observatory and watch the ISS through a large telescope.
How do you think that got there?
On the back of a winged donkey perhaps?

Its good to question things,but I don't see how you arrive at the conclusion that no rocket has ever reached orbit.
Its really not that hard to prove.

Lights in the night skies don't prove anything at all.

Why can't you just show me a rocket, from Earth, flying up towards orbit? A simple request, no?

Sigh...sure here ya go:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Includes footage shot from the ISS which could not have been built without orbital rocket technology...
But let me guess-thats all fake/CGI garbage huh?

You still haven't refuted my assertions concerning how GPRS/sattelite TV work,or that we can ping and recieve radio transmissions from sattelites.
Oh well,troll it it up dude

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Bro I saw the Challenger space shuttle fly upwards towards orbit, but that didn't turn out so well.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Orbit is supposed to be much, much higher than that, is it not?

Not necessarily.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Why have we NEVER seen a single rocket, from Earth, actually flying up, towards Earth orbit, then??

We have.

You just didn't realize what you were seeing.

First of all, when one speaks of a rocket "orbiting" the Earth, it is not the same as a sustained orbit. Satellites use sustained orbits, where their momentum is the only thing required to maintain orbit. Rockets are not intended to maintain a sustained orbit, and therefore the use of the term "orbit" only means the rocket circles the planet at high altitude.

You are correct when you say that the air friction at higher altitudes is less, and that's why rockets fly there. To get there, though, a rocket cannot simply go straight up and then make a hard left into orbit. Physics doesn't work that way. The rocket will begin its journey pointing straight up, to minimize the time spent in the denser layers of the atmosphere, and then slowly turn its nose toward the horizontal. The higher it gets,the more horizontal it flies, eventually reaching its objective altitude and flying completely horizontal. This is simply the most fuel efficient method of achieving orbit.

When one looks at a rocket flying out across the ocean, it may appear to be flying level, but it is really not. Looking at it, it appears to be flying level, because light travels in a straight line (relativity does not play into things at the velocities we are talking about). The surface of the Earth is curved, however, so the distance between the apparently straight line of the rocket's trajectory and the Earth's surface is increasing.

It sounds like you are trying to insinuate that there are no satellites in orbit and we have never been to the moon. I'm not going to go into the moon landing thing right now, because I simply don't know if it is something you can accept. The fact that there are satellites is easy to prove, though. Satellite TV cannot work without satellites. GPS cannot work without satellites. Cell phones cannot work without satellites. Yet, all these technologies work. Therefore, the satellites they rely on must exist.

TheRedneck

My neighbor has a satellite dish pointed at the ground, and still gets 'satellite' TV, and there are no satellites in the ground, so it's done with other methods, obviously.

The simple fact is that rockets would be seen - from Earth - flying up towards orbit, and they aren't ever seen. A rocket flying up towards orbit would appear from Earth as an ever smaller dot in the skies, until it cannot be seen anymore, unless with magnification, where it would be seen once again.

And they would certainly have mentioned where we could see their rockets from Earth, flying up towards orbit, would
they not?

Sure they would. They'd show us the flight path of their rockets, on their way to orbit. We'd see it fly over France at 3 pm, at a certain altitude, and so on. Same as they mention where to see their supposed ISS fly over us, while in 'orbit'. Sure, that's easy, but we can't tell you where to see it before it is in orbit, but, hey, that's no big deal, right??

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   

So let's entertain the notion that these launches are CGI or faked in some form or another so we can do away with the 'That's not real', 'Yes it is' back and forth which will inevitably follow. What does that mean to you? What is your conclusion from such a claim?

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Von Braun knew the firmament existed, and noted a passage from the Bible which mentions the firmament.

He'd know if the firmament existed, more than anyone else, no?

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   

My neighbor has a satellite dish pointed at the ground, and still gets 'satellite' TV, and there are no satellites in the ground, so it's done with other methods, obviously.

No, he doesn't.

He might have a satellite receiver pointing toward the ground, but he is not picking up TV signals through it. That is impossible with current technology.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Von Braun knew the firmament existed, and noted a passage from the Bible which mentions the firmament.

He'd know if the firmament existed, more than anyone else, no?

So,lemme get this right-
You are literally using the very man who was intrumental in launching the first rockets into orbit,as an arguement to claim we have never sent any rockets into orbit?

Righto.That makes complete sense.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

No, it doesn't. Seeing a rocket from Earth fly up towards orbit confirms it is true.

Seeing the results of the payload proves it's true , how did global positioning satellites get there if not on a rocket.

It should be the easiest thing to show, a rocket flying up towards orbit, from our very own Earth viewpoint, so what is the problem here?

Rockets don't go straight up to enter space.
www.grc.nasa.gov...
edit on 25-8-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Closing pending Staff review

top topics

<< 1   >>

join