It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps threat to companies abroad is legal and has precedence .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

Where was that meme for Obama and Bush and Clinton? Bet you didn't even care...in fact I bet you didn't even know or read up on politics. You literally embody the TDS affliction, we always mention, with that post. You're sounding more and more desperate with every passing day. I would bet without even looking that the threat China poses over our economy now pales in comparison to every other time that act has been invoked...but ya orange man bad right!

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Funny i don't remember you posting about Obamas guts to take any of that on...in fact I dont remember anyone posting about that? Only an issue now when its Trump in office. You couldn't be more see through if you were made of glass...disgusting.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Well, you know.... Genocide... Racial oppression... Chinese economic interests.

It's hard to decide which one's more important.

edit on 24-8-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Last I checked all of those things were like corner stones of chinese policy.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Fat thumbs
edit on 24-8-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Indeed.

But orange man is Hitler 2.0.

Keep up.

edit on 24-8-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Duderino

Where was that meme for Obama and Bush and Clinton? Bet you didn't even care...in fact I bet you didn't even know or read up on politics. You literally embody the TDS affliction, we always mention, with that post. You're sounding more and more desperate with every passing day. I would bet without even looking that the threat China poses over our economy now pales in comparison to every other time that act has been invoked...but ya orange man bad right!

I wouldn't bash on the guy too much for it.

After all, all the cool kids now have TDS and he's just trying to fit in.

Comparing Trump to Hitler just makes his "side" look more incredibly stupid then they were yesterday to normal Americans.

They are essentially working really hard online every SINGLE day to ensure that there won't be enough Democratic votes for 2020, 2024, 2028...

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I just can't anymore with all the nonsense. I'm just going to start being blunt because its gotten way past the point of pleasantries. I feel like the cult classic movie "Idiocracy" was more of a documentary than a comedy when viewed in todays light.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Well fortunately the majority of people out there are much more normal in their concerns and logic. I don't think democrats will sink with the ship...i think they will bail the "water" and travel to better places. I am unable to get a license due to dumb # I did when I was younger...but that in these techno times has given me a great opportunity to conversate with a very large cross section of people often...I uber everywhere...a lot. I am almost platinum and we are barely over the half year mark. I actually enjoy it and it inspires hope in me. By far the large majority of folks even the ones who are on opposite sides of my own views are all resonable normal folks who are nothing like the insanity you see online. I think...to borrow a great quote from a great TV show..."Reason will prevail!" -The Gang, Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
edit on 24-8-2019 by RickyD because: Autocorrect always gets 1 or 2...

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Unless I've missed it here...nobody has yet juxtaposed this threat with what is currently taking place in HK.

If China violently cracks down on HK protestors...watch how fast Trump applies this threat as an EO...and how fast congress supports it.

Trump is brilliantly and strategically placing China between a rock and a hard place with this threat.

Trump is staying China's hand in HK.
edit on 24-8-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Unless I've missed it here...nobody has yet juxtaposed this threat with what is currently taking place in HK.

If China violently cracks down on HK protestors...watch how fast Trump applies this threat as an EO...and how fast congress supports it.

Trump is brilliantly and strategically placing China between a rock and a hard place with this threat.

Trump is staying China's hand in HK.

Which is what everyone else missed and why I was asking for the EO or law that was changed by Trump in the other thread.

This is all just a negotiation tactic, thus far... balanced against current Eastern political turmoil.

I'm an oilfield worker and I understood that...

Why can't anyone else (besides you, obviously) seem to grasp what I thought was a pretty basic concept?

edit on 24-8-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Not a bad angle man. Never thought about that...although after you mentioning it I can totally see that being one of the options presented to Trump at a meeting about what is going to be done over HK. And You know they are meeting about it...thats a pretty solid trade partner of ours.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Exactly. In fact, I think the way he has handled China has been very impressive. It's certainly not without risk, but at least he has the balls to try to do something about the tremendous threat they represent- unlike any previous administration.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Not a bad angle man. Never thought about that...although after you mentioning it I can totally see that being one of the options presented to Trump at a meeting about what is going to be done over HK. And You know they are meeting about it...thats a pretty solid trade partner of ours.

This is why China takes Trump's statement very seriously.

They now know...WE know...that they were on the verge of violent crackdown in HK...and now they can read the writing on the wall if they do---Mass exodus of Western business from China.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Who's going to pay for the infra structure the returning corps will need to gear up mfg. again. The stock holders, the company themselves? I think we all know it will be the middle class taxpayers, just like always with the WARS for profit.

And with everyone working according to trump. Who will staff the returning industries. Mexicans...lol

Let's be practical....Legal or not, it just ain't happenin. Americans are so addicted to Walmart cheap sh!t, they will never kick the habit.

Maybe the people making all the garbage in Hollywood can get real jobs in manufacturing and do something useful for a change.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Who's going to pay for the infra structure the returning corps will need to gear up mfg. again. The stock holders, the company themselves? I think we all know it will be the middle class taxpayers, just like always with the WARS for profit.

And with everyone working according to trump. Who will staff the returning industries. Mexicans...lol

Let's be practical....Legal or not, it just ain't happenin. Americans are so addicted to Walmart cheap sh!t, they will never kick the habit.

Maybe the people making all the garbage in Hollywood can get real jobs in manufacturing and do something useful for a change.

Maybe they can. But if you really feel that way, don't watch any TV< netflix, or movies on that 50in smart TV.
I know you meant it as a personal insult, but I feel blessed to be in a creative industry, with creative people and a strong community. I'm at work now on location in the EPK trailer downloading todays rushes. Union Proud, Union Strong.
I have been insulted on ATS so much, it has little effect but keep it up...it keeps me real, and aware of how lucky I really am, to be manufacturing dreams, fantasy and escape for many people around the entire planet.
Peace, my sad angry brother!
edit on 24-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Maybe they can. But if you really feel that way, don't watch any TV< netflix, or movies on that 50in smart TV.
I know you meant it as a personal insult, but I feel blessed to be in a creative industry, with creative people and a strong community. I'm at work now on location in the EPK trailer downloading todays rushes. Union Proud, Union Strong.
I have been insulted on ATS so much, it has little effect but keep it up...it keeps me real, and aware of how lucky I really am, to be manufacturing dreams, fantasy and escape for many people around the entire planet.

Perhaps instead of working so hard so that you can help people can escape their current reality, it might mean a little more if you worked on something that lets people enjoy their reality.

No offense, but you're nothing more than a glorified opium pusher... and Union strong.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

But the majority of people that support Trump are the ones that shop at Walmart, or so I'm told. You don't think their support of him (being in a "cult") would override their want for cheap Walmart things?

Hmmmmmmmm.

edit on 24-8-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Perhaps instead of working so hard so that you can help people can escape their current reality, it might mean a little more if you worked on something that lets people enjoy their reality.

No offense, but you're nothing more than a glorified opium pusher... and Union strong.

Are people that write romantic fiction novels for lonely old women, opium pushers as well?
Or the people that broadcast NFL athletic contest [sports] that many Americans are addicted to glorified opium pushers? btw...I sometimes crew for ESPN and other sports presenters...all union as well. See the guys on the sidelines with cameras...Local 600, Even the pro Athletes themselves are unionized.

www.nflpa.com...

Would you prefer there not be entertainment for the masses? How about people that use religion as an escape from their dull, banal, pointless lives. Are the preachers/priest glorified opium pushers?

Peace unto you my sad angry sister. No offence...

edit on 24-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Lucky to be working around pedos?

edit on 24-8-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join