It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Moves To Reauthorize NSA’s Controversial Spying Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Link

Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats said in a letter to the heads of two key senate committees that all provisions of the USA Freedom Act should be permanently reauthorized including the program that collected and analyzed Americans’ calls and texts.

Alternative titles include, "Flag-Hugging, Freedom-Loving President Desires Permanent Ability to Spy on American's Communications" and "If You Have Nothing to Hide, Why Bother with Privacy?"

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Something, something, national security.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

"Flag-Hugging, Freedom-Loving President Desires Permanent Ability to Spy on American's Communications

I've never see a flag look so uncomfortable.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Not good.

Most of america was against that stuff, and for good reason.

Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats said in a letter to the heads of two key senate committees that all provisions of the USA Freedom Act should be permanently reauthorized including the program that collected and analyzed Americans’ calls and texts.

So it's coats not trump. And all he did was ask that the patriot act be brought back in it's entirety in a letter.

We should watch this but no reason to really worry yet.

edit on 24-8-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This was Coats saying this, not Trump.

Coats stepped down as Director of National Intelligence on Aug 15. Trump made sure he was out because of this type of stance Coats took.

I find it interesting how so many people take something someone said or did and instantly blame Trump for it. Maybe that's part of being President. Just like the old meme "thanks Obama".

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

From your link

The letter, first seen by the New York Times, was sent on August 15–also Coats’ last day in office.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Oh hell, another sniveling member inflicted with TDS blaming Trump for all the worlds problem. FFS people, get a life.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Where does Trump say anything about this? Couldn't find a quote by him in your link. (Going by your "alternative title" I assume you have one that you didn't share)

That said yes this would be bad.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

A pre me a culpa for Trump...

Anything happened under Obama, his name was always prefixed no matter how little the president had to do with it.

But under Trumps cabinet, any sinister dealings has nothing to do with Trump...

Mentalists, how much of a cult mentality can a populace exhibit

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Another alternative title:

"This story has nothing to do with Donald Trump, but we're going to blame him for it anyway."

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Sounds like social media is about to get the hammer with regard to personal data, and wont be giving/selling it to the intel community anymore. So they need this.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
*shrugs*

Does anyone here really think that it stopped, I dont think so I expect it was moved and continued with no more than a small burp in collections.

Once you give the Fed the power to do something like that they never stop, just slap national security on it and move it off the official books.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Anything happened under Obama, his name was always prefixed no matter how little the president had to do with it.

I never did that.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
*shrugs*

Does anyone here really think that it stopped, I dont think so I expect it was moved and continued with no more than a small burp in collections.

Once you give the Fed the power to do something like that they never stop, just slap national security on it and move it off the official books.

Nope, I’d bet my life that not a damn thing changed. There’s no way they closed up shop and called it a day over some pesky lil law, nothing but a small inconvenient speed bump for them, then business as usual.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: scraedtosleep

A pre me a culpa for Trump...

But under Trumps cabinet, any sinister dealings has nothing to do with Trump...

Mentalists, how much of a cult mentality can a populace exhibit

The same cult mentality as under Bozo.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The Patriot Act covers any and all surveillance. Trump has the power to EO it out of existence, but he won't.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Just a parting "shot" from the primeval bitter jealous Coats 🤣

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
The Patriot Act covers any and all surveillance. Trump has the power to EO it out of existence, but he won't.

He can EO all kinds of things. What's the priority? I'd say our border and economy are equally high priority. Fixing the NSA can come next followed by Decriminalizing marijuana. Second term stuff.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Once it’s clear it’s attributed to the traitor Coats, thread dies on a vine, lol.

mobile.twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

join