It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metaphysical Music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I noticed some subtle change in the amount of superficial threads vs. Deep thoughts shared here on ATS, since I started to post more seriously.

This might very well be my imagination, or it might have to do with the "Zeitgeist", or it was me, I don't know, and it doesn't matter.

I'm just glad this site is having a little revival, where Politricks is seen for what it is.

A lot of what I'm talking about in my threads was sparked through music.

There are two types of music to me one is with blah-blah/lyrics and others without.
The ones without lyrics I use a lot for meditation and OOBE inducing.

Actually as a kid i had my first OOBE while listening to some hardcore techno, I was spiraling out of my body while laying on my bed, i could see myself on the bed and would rise with the beat all the way through the roof.
When the song stopped I'd fall back into my body.
I might elaborate on my childhood experiences further down the road.

I still enjoy similarly structured and organically produced music.
Hilight Tribe comes to mind.

but here i want to focus on the ones with lyrics.

I find artists that can wrap a deeper awareness into music and lyrics, most fascinating.

When it comes to lyrics I can't stand most of the superficial songs, and think why soil a somewhat nice beat with superficialities.

There are some gems that spark deep thoughts and id like to share some of them with you.

Unfortunately these are not in English...

I hope you enjoy reading the subtitles or understanding the language used.

Artist: keny arkana (french)

Song: 5th sun

This triggers so many emotions in one song it's vitalizing

Song: between the lines

This is a beautiful wrap-up of her inner growth, and pretty much describes mine as well. very much between the lines...

Song: V for "vérité"(truth)

Very cool videoclip and a little rebellious.

These are only some...

This women has been an incredible inspiration, in here early career there was a lot of anger, and she then moved on to profound spiritual lyrics, that are very inspiring.

She started with nothing didn't sign any contract and is now filling up entire stadiums.

I think she touched on the hearts of people, she definitely did touch mine.

If you manage french take a deep dive into here latest two albums, i promise you won't regret.

Artist: calle 13 (spanish)

Song: así de grande son las ideas (that's how big ideas are)

Couldn't find any English subs.
sorry for that.

I just noticed it's emotionally not the same to read the lyrics than actually understanding what they say in the flow of the song.
So i will not post anymore and leave it there...

(Would i be allowed to post the English lyrics here, if i find them somewhere on the internet, or made a translation myself?)

Maybe you want to contribute a song to this thread that inspired some deep thoughts for you, i would appreciate it.

Sincerely NoClue

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

Sometimes what seems superficial is actually much deeper than what your first imagine:

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The greatest exponents of this type of music where The Moody Blues. A few examples from their many.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
LIke you, I have always preferred instrumental music over singing music. In my youth, that being the late 50s and early 60s the popular music was all about love and romance, girls singing about boys and boys singing about girls. Back then the pop music hardly even insinuated about sex. And oh yeah, there were also a lot of songs about cars.

In the mid sixties this began to change as the youth culture began to emerge. The Hippie culture musicians put out a lot of songs that pushed social change but I won't list them here. One though stood out like a sore thumb to the general ''life is good'' music that permeated in those days.

No not a sore thumb but more like an atomic bomb to the la la la of popular music.

Like most other tings controversial, this song was soon poo pooed by the establishment and most people forgot about it. Most people. Some however still recognize it for being a soul jarring wake up call for us all.

Another song in this same line was by folksy Bob Dylan. He was famous for his voice that hardly anyone liked but that was ok because of the philosophical messages of happiness he most often sang about.

One though, among all of his songs that became national anthems was this one. Of all his songs this one was the most gritty and challenging to authorities and the establishment itself. This one hardly even breached the surface of pop culture but still remains in my mind as the most astounding call for action from those days.

Come you masters of war
You that build the big guns
You that build the death planes
You that build all the bombs
You that hide behind walls
You that hide behind desks
I just want you to know
I can see through your masks

You that never done nothin'
But build to destroy
You play with my world
Like it's your little toy
You put a gun in my hand
And you hide from my eyes
And you turn and run farther
When the fast bullets fly

Like Judas of old
You lie and deceive
A world war can be won
You want me to believe
But I see through your eyes
And I see through your brain
Like I see through the water
That runs down my drain

You fasten all the triggers
For the others to fire
Then you sit back and watch
When the death count gets higher
You hide in your mansion
While the young people's blood
Flows out of their bodies
And is buried in the mud

You've thrown the worst fear
That can ever be hurled
Fear to bring children
Into the world
For threatening my baby
Unborn and unnamed
You ain't worth the blood
That runs in your veins

How much do I know
To talk out of turn
You might say that I'm young
You might say I'm unlearned
But there's one thing I know
Though I'm younger than you
That even Jesus would never
Forgive what you do

Let me ask you one question
Is your money that good?
Will it buy you forgiveness
Do you think that it could?
I think you will find
When your death takes its toll
All the money you made
Will never buy back your soul

And I hope that you die
And your death will come soon
I'll follow your casket
By the pale afternoon
And I'll watch while you're lowered
Down to your deathbed
And I'll stand over your grave
'Til I'm sure that you're dead

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
AURORA - The Seed

SABATON - A Lifetime Of War

Hard Sun

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

As there are no lyrics, would you mind to elaborate a little on what inspired you to post this particular instrumental song?

NC

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

It seems to me that both artists need to remove self-limiting beliefs, as do we all some times. It's not all just black or white.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I would consider Jacob Lee song posted by nightstar metaphysical music, and I suppose god frequency too. The rest of these songs including OP are songs about the state of humans and human nature in general.

Metaphysics is the branch of philosophy that examines the fundamental nature of reality, including the relationship[1] between mind and matter, between substance and attribute, and between potentiality and actuality.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Jdubious

You could be right on your assertion...

Although once you take metaphysics, to the mind over matter area can you still draw that line?

Considering the given definition of metaphysics, I actually think your reply is rather controversial...

Sincerely NoClue

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'll start with a unique one that many folks here may not know.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
All I am hearing is anti war songs, they have nothing to do with metaphysics.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

If you consider that every shared thought is creating reality, i think even your reply is metaphysical...

I like the one you shared, great lyrics. Thank you!

NC
edit on 25/8/2019 by NoClue because: gratitude

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoClue

If you consider that every shared thought is creating reality, i think even your reply is metaphysical...

I like the one you shared, great lyrics. Thank you!

NC

It depends on what you consider as such

top topics

join