It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders American companies leave China

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: Flesh699
It's stupid to have a potential enemy owning the manufacturing of all the goods your country consumes.

The smartest thing to do is, obviously, bring all that production back home. The amount of jobs would be insane. The US would have golden decade, and the economy would be crazy.

Not only do they own the manufacturing but in order to business in China, a foreign company has to partner with a Chinese company and hand over intellectual property. That's the law. China is such a big market that most companies believe they can't afford to not do business in China.

Meanwhile, whatever companies don't hand technology over to China, they steal any way they can (i.e., hacking).

20 years from now, the world economy is going to look very different.

My wife went over to China for the Olympics because her company was a sponsor. They couldn't even bring their work laptops for fear of being hacked and surveillance.

A buddy of mine invented a complicated hobby product for RC cars. Probably spent $50k developing it. Within weeks of releasing it fake Chinese copies were being sold... I mean exact copies of it.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

China, VIetnam, Indonesia. To name a few.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Moving companies out of China should dramatically cut down on Chinese stealing of US intellectual property.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: olaru12
Stock Market is starting to react. It's trumps economy..he owns it both the ups and downs.

He owns this bad boy for better or worse.

So, he should be calling the shots.

China has been dry humping Lady Liberty for thirty years.

Trump is the pimp. No more dirty deeds done dirt cheap.

If Trump does fail. I will publicly acknowledge my error.

trumps failure for 2020 started when he called American companies to return their mfg base back to the US, while his 2020 campaign material is being made in China. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...The US electorate isn't very smart but they do know what hypocritical means.

Ran his mouth/tweets just once to often. Kelly Ann warned him, he didn't listen.
What an idiotic take, though it's YOU we're talking about.

Trump ran off a variety of promises, one being, CHINA.

Yes, what of his things being made chinese? Exploit the system while chastising it, that's Trump, he gives no F#s, you could never be the man he is, probably why you're so pissed at him, jealousy sucks dude, get over it.

So, keep working the system till an alternative, which he wants, works.

Think about it, you giving him crap about china when the tariffs hurt him too, lol, you people think so assbackwards.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Moving companies out of China should dramatically cut down on Chinese stealing of US intellectual property.
That's the key approach.

Leftist don't know that or care, if its against Trump, root for it.

I mean, we have actual leftist praising a real world recession because Orange Man Bad.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

His ties. His daughters clothing comes from Vietnam and Indonesia.

He is well aware of the availability of cheap labor.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Aint gonna happen...once China standard of living/wages increases those same companies will go to the next 3rd world cheap labour market.

you really see Americans working for $5 a day?

www.philstar.com...

Many U.S. firms have been taking advantage of the low wages in Indonesia for some time now. Nike, for example, employs more than 100,000 factory workers in Indonesia, paying them an average of about $3.50 per day.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Think about it, you giving him crap about china when the tariffs hurt him too, lol, you people think so assbackwards.

Yeah. LOL

Trump: America, this ass whopping I'm giving you hurts me more than it hurts you! If only your Mom CHINA didn't make me do it.
edit on 23-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

How? this isn't Mayberry RFD. Intellectual property is a commodity, stolen, bought and sold everywhere, not just China.

American designers are capitalist and know IP is available to the highest bidder. NDA agreements aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

edit on 23-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah thats not whats going on or what this is about.
Its about him thinking he can actually do this.

This man is mad with power and slipping.

Ought to be an interesting G7 now.

Must see TV this weekend.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
We actually have something called the Bureau of Industry and Security under the U.S. Department of Commerce.

The BIS's mission is to protect the national, economic, cyber, and homeland security. We have reached a tipping point. China is not a nice player.

Protecting U.S. security includes not only supporting U.S. national defense, but also ensuring the health of the U.S. economy and the competitiveness of U.S. industry.

www.bis.doc.gov...

China is and has been for decades undermining our security.

Now some of you may be okay with China's encroachment on our intellectual property and our economic and national security. The Clinton administration seemed to be okay with it and Obama's seemed okay with it. They did very little to protect us, the American people. I would even go so far as to say, certain folks within those administrations may have actually intentionally helped the Chinese. ($$$$$$$)

Things went too far and now action is needed to stem the tide and protect our American interests.

President Trump has been telling us what's what. He tweets to the American people. Just today he told us that China and President Xi specifically promised to stop exporting Fentanyl. But, they didn't follow through and it is killing 100,000 Americans per year! This POTUS actually tells the American people face-to-face what is transpiring, efforts he has made, efforts he is making, and what is and isn't happening.

China and Xi make promises, then renege. Trump is not like past presidents. Kicking the can down the road is not his thing. He was hired to stop kicking and work for real solutions. This makes lesser folks uncomfortable.

Buckle up. We have a true captain at the wheel. Let him do the job for which Americans hired him for.

edit on 23-8-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2019 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

edit on 23-8-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

We don't ""require"" half of the stuff we have, nor use.

That does not mean we will not demand it.

That's just how first-world nations operate I'm afraid.

We consume, and if we don't we stagnate and die.

Like i said supply and demand, the best product at the lowest possible cost will always be the colour of the day.

Bit of a difference between working on a construction site than owning the buildings going up, Trump knows how to screw over and avoid paying construction crews, ile give you that.

edit on 23-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Dont be too concerned - 5eyes will ensure UK companies get that "unfair advantage" when it comes to tenders and spying on competitors.

www.cyberghostvpn.com...

Don’t believe me?
GCHQ already has plans to implement a similar proposal in Britain.
But instead of demanding that companies build backdoors into their apps, the “ghost protocol” idea would require the messaging services to ‘CC’ the encrypted message to a third-party when it’s sent.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

No we are not. Stop with the ridiculous bloviated talk from the hip.
Everybody on the right has a stick up their butt. How does that sit? No I am not saying that.
I think its stupid to make broad statements putting an entire group in a box and shows a lack of imagination and critical thinking.
I do not want to put Iran or China or Mexico ahead of the country I live in. And its an insane thing to even say.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Arnie123

Yeah. LOL

Trump: America, this ass whopping I'm giving you hurts me more than it hurts you! If only your Mom CHINA didn't make me do it.

Easy to say snip like that when your living on the dole! Right??? Oh wait, you spend 40 hours a day on the internet while maintaining a lucrative job while begging the Democrats to take more money out of your paycheck????? roflmao

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
We actually have something called the Bureau of Industry and Security under the U.S. Department of Commerce.

The BIS's mission is to protect the national, economic, cyber, and homeland security. We have reached a tipping point. China is not a nice player.

Protecting U.S. security includes not only supporting U.S. national defense, but also ensuring the health of the U.S. economy and the competitiveness of U.S. industry.

www.bis.doc.gov...

China is and has been for decades undermining our security.

Now some of you may be okay with China's encroachment on our intellectual property and our economic and national security. The Clinton administration seemed to be okay with it and Obama's seemed okay with it. They did very little to protect us, the American people. I would even go so far as to say, certain folks within those administrations may have actually intentionally helped the Chinese. ($$$$$$$)

Things went too far and now action is needed to stem the tide and protect our American interests.

President Trump has been telling us what's what. He tweets to the American people. Just today he told us that China and President Ji specifically promised to stop exporting Fentanyl. But, they didn't follow through and it is killing 100,000 Americans per year! This POTUS actually tells the American people face-to-face what is transpiring, efforts he has made, efforts he is making, and what is and isn't happening.

China and Ji make promises, then renege. Trump is not like past presidents. Kicking the can down the road is not his thing. He was hired to stop kicking and work for real solutions. This makes lesser folks uncomfortable.

Buckle up. We have a true captain at the wheel. Let him do the job for which Americans hired him for.

You are arguing with Communists. Don't think for a second they give a damn about the USA.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Trump keeps going all in but everyone, from Denmark to China, keeps calling his bluff.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

and, bush was proclaiming just how great outsourcing was for our economy....
as far a the national security risk has been that we are relying too much on other countries to produce our goods and have allowed ourselves to be put into a position where we are dependent on them to produce our goods!!
him ordering us manufacturers to stop buying stuff from china isn't gonna do crap to fix that one.
we need to invest in rebuilding up our manufacturing bases, build the factories, invest in the machinery, and train the workers... which will take time and money...

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

You are arguing with Communists. Don't think for a second they give a damn about the USA.

... Because everyone who hasnt drank the Trump Kool aid is a communist.
Only Trump knows what's best for USA.
Right?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

What would that entail?
Vodka that tastes like bourbon or bourbon that tastes like vodka or vodka that tastes like mint?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join