It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders American companies leave China

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Is that what actually is happening here? Or... shock... you are being alarmingly hyperbolic to further your political perspective. Why be so intellectually dishonest with yourself? a reply to: Sillyolme

(post by TritonTaranis removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

(post by TritonTaranis removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Edit.

No point in derailing threads coz of the likes of you.

Im out.
edit on 24-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
***PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT****

CUT IT OUT!
Stay on topic and stop the bickering.
Any more ill mannered and off topic posts may lead to a suspension of posting privileges.

Do not reply to this post.

edit on 24-8-2019 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Just following my presidents lead.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh, has Japanese and Chinese investment slowed in Hawaii - go figure lol.

Steel jobs and timber booming here all good paying jobs I'd much rather American workers do despite companies who cheap out and use Chinese steel of very suspect quality demonstrating they don't give a rats ass about their own country and people.
edit on 24-8-2019 by Phoenix because: sp

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
*SNIP*
edit on 24-8-2019 by spacedoubt because: SNIPPED Reply to PSA. But thanks for the heads up on typo.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

China - Are they For Or Agin' US ? All ya NEED To Know . NO ...............

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Steel jobs and timber booming here all good paying jobs I'd much rather American workers do despite companies who cheap out and use Chinese steel of very suspect quality demonstrating they don't give a rats ass about their own country and people.

You are ignorant of Chinese manufacturing, if you assume it is all cheaply made and conducted by peasants from a nearby village getting paid pennies per hour. There are plenty of quality goods that come from China. Conversely, there are crap products made right here in the good ol' US of A.

I personally think China should overhaul their labor force, but it's ridiculous to hint that nothing of quality comes from China

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Japanese investment eased quite a while ago. Chinese are still buying residential stuff. But neither had much to do with the job increases.

The building I am referring to was an affordable housing project. Local developer partnering with the state. Very low profit margin. Using US steel would have resulted in higher costs than by using foreign steel, even with the tariffs. Steel which has to meet the specs, no matter where it comes from.

The tariffs help a few, no doubt. The country as a whole, not so much.
edit on 8/24/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

We can disagree however bringing back blue collar jobs that pay well to this hemisphere in the end helps everyone and not just the few that skim off of Chinese labor for profit by injecting trillions into our economy rather than an endless conveyor belt of wealth transfer headed to China.

That your local government sells out its countryman for trinkets is not surprising at all.

The predicted inflation that shills bleated about last year has not come about - they were wrong. On new round of tariff's naysayers will also be proved wrong, of this I have no doubt.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I appreciate your concern but being in metal building industry the Chinese product is utter crap all the way from the steel, finishes and fasteners. Steel is not properly annealed after forming and has uneven hardness and corrodes very easily, finishes are short lived and usually don't make warranty period, 50% of fasteners have to be trashed upon first use.

That's from experience using the materials and direct comparison.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

We can disagree however bringing back blue collar jobs that pay well to this hemisphere in the end helps everyone and not just the few that skim off of Chinese labor for profit by injecting trillions into our economy rather than an endless conveyor belt of wealth transfer headed to China.
Those jobs started showing up again about 9 years ago. Oh, I see that you've bought into the zero sum paradigm. Never mind.

That your local government sells out its countryman for trinkets is not surprising at all.

Trinkets. Like housing that actual people can afford to own.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Yeah housing that would be easily affordable on manufacturing wages but not part time service worker wages in a race to the bottom and yes your government is complicit as well as private company.

Phage its just a viscous circle you're painting almost as a mobius strip where people are forever caught in a web of diminishing return with no way out all the while you present initiatives as altruistic but in reality they are an act on road of enslavement.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Yeah housing that would be easily affordable on manufacturing wages
Not here. The average single family dwelling costs $800k here, and manufacturing hasn't ever really been a thing.

Phage its just a viscous circle you're painting almost as a mobius strip where people are forever caught in a web of diminishing return with no way out all the while you present initiatives as altruistic but in reality they are an act on road of enslavement.
No. I'm pointing out that your experience does not necessarily translate to the rest of the country. That pandering to the base may help some, but not the rest. That short sighted goals may get votes, but not much else. I'm pointing out that Trump's tariffs haven't helped the country as a whole. How are the farmers making out, btw?

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Well AG is pretty big here and farmers I've talked to are having no issues selling - I think most what you hear is corporate wall street supported conglomerates with shareholders complaining. Most around here are of course family operations - so traditionally representative doncha think.

Hawaii is not exactly representative of any mainland state so your claims of translation and pandering are laughable on the surface and saddening that people of your state suffer from poor planning in paradise. Been there seen it with own eyes and was not impressed by general lot of people.

My State and local situation more approximate a majority of the landmass area of the US with exception of liberal hellhole areas such as extreme northeast, southern west coast, DC and Chicago with attendant corruption, crime, drugs and government run amok.

With utter sarcasm, I can say, Multi-culturalism, Internationalism, World Economics and the "old pull-em up by bootstrap" theories sure have led to a better life here in the U.S. lol! Not, they are huge failures which only those benefiting and profiting from the teat of population enslaving policy defend.

Tariffs will as one part of solution help stymie this progression to the bottom hopefully before point of no return is reached.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join