It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's bet $15 million that climate change is a scam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: contextual

I think Mr. Obama must be a science denier too then, I mean, if he ever really learned any science in the first place *shrug*.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: jjkenobi

Or they may just build a sea wall......

Obviously..

Maybe Martha vineyard is steady fairly well above sea level, so it is a later coastal region to be effected..

Conservatives will literally fall for just the silliest logic...

All the scientists say “co2 holds more heat and we are

With leftist, you have to look at what they actually do, not just what they say. Those of us criticizing his purchase are doing so because he says one thing, but does something else. This is always the problem with leftist.

I have no issue whatsoever with him buying a $15 million estate on Martha's Vineyard. Heck, I was just on Martha's Vineyard last week for vacation and my family has a summer home there too. However, I don't slam rich people while becoming rich myself. I don't push crazy climate change agenda while personally having an absurd carbon footprint.

The issue is hypocrisy. Plain and simple. It is no different from Bernie constantly slamming millionaires and capitalism while using capitalism to become a millionaire himself.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

What if you don't mind flying around in jumbo jets all the time when they do the most "damage" to the atmosphere and are the largest factor in man made global warming?

I agree air travel is the elephant in the room as far as governments are concerned but flying in a passenger jet is better than flying in a private jet.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Liberal hypocrisy...

All politicians are hypocritical , even Presidents.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
The conservative rebuttal??

“It sure is cold outside today!”

...said by the side which uses "Look at how hot it is this summer day in place XYZ" as their only evidence for AGW...

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

...as it has since the beginning of this planet.

Indeed , but other factors can influence heating or cooling , we are a significant and growing factor.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Volcanic activity.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
How did a community planner get 15 million dollars?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Speaking fees.... you know... getting paid $500k for a 1 hour talk to the evil corporations you railed against when you were in office.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
If I believed in Climate Change I'd spend 15 million on a place in the mountains and fortify it the hell up. I sure wouldn't buy over priced beach front property.

That's because you're you and they are the former First Family. When they sell that property it will be worth more than when they bought it, just because of their fame.

edit on 23-8-2019 by Duderino because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Because he had somebody "plan" the "community" for him 😎🚬

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Because he had somebody "plan" the "community" for him 😎🚬

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
AOC probably believes it, she is not the sharpest of people. Obama knows what is going on, he was informed about the truth while he was president, the deception is aimed at us.

I do believe we need to start taking care of this planet and restoring some forests instead of raping the wilderness so we can waste money on things we do not need. They say at least a third of the food people buy in America is wasted, I believe that, I see it with my own eyes. Remember, a third of Americans try not to waste food, it is the two thirds that are accounting for the majority of the waste, those two thirds are wasting almost half of what they buy.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Remember the trillion dollars for those shovel ready jobs?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I just want to chime in here with a few things:

1 A super insulated house will provide enough protection from most variances of outside temperature that having your house really well insulated will nullify any affects of either a warming tread or a cooling trend.

2 It's really funny how these people like to tell us we're all doomed then go spend assists like it's Y2K all over again.

3 The next time Obama started ranting about climate change, somebody should remind him of how "down sizing" ones life can help the environment. Then inform him of what "Down Sizing" means.

Finally, remember that gold filled asteroid that was found? I get the feeling that the value of that rock isn't anything close to what these people have scammed from the worlds populace.

Back in the 90's when I was stationed in DC I remember a US Politician telling me that those "Worlds Richest" lists were all a joke, and that the really rich in society have all their money locked up in trust funds and off the book investments. At the time he told me that he knew of at least two people that would put Dale Carnegie's bank account to shame, but since it was all divested in cleaver ways, no one would ever know.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Nice place.
Climate change happens over time , I'm sure they've taken into consideration the implications of buying a beach side property.

Their property choice doesn't alter the facts.

These facts?
Finnish scientists: Effect of human activity on climate change, Insignificant.
The Japanese are also confirming these findings.
The Obama's were just part of a scheme to extract more taxes from Americans via fear mongering. But yeah nice folks.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Nice place.
Climate change happens over time , I'm sure they've taken into consideration the implications of buying a beach side property.

Their property choice doesn't alter the facts.

The fact that the global warming drivel is a scam, yes.
If they believed in it, they would not have purchased a property with the expectation to lose $15m to flooding or greater storms.

Lookup Climategate.

Stop being so gullible.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

The same way an average student stoner got a prestigious college education.
Wonder how much student debt he had?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

And set up more crony capitalism by wanting to set up a carbon credit system that would just make their rich friends richer.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

"Its impossible for an honest politician to become rich whilst in office" Mark Twain

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join