It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you were stuck in space?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
My mind was wandering on this quiet day.

So, you are orbiting moon. Or on your way to Mars. Or on the ISS. Whatever. You're having your morning breakfast, and look out the window to see a planet destroying asteroid slam into Earth. You know nothing is left.

Let's say you are alone in a "future" 1 man craft. The craft is large enough that is has quarters, kitchen, etc. You have enough food, water, and energy/fuel, to last you as long as you'll live.

After gaining your composure, what would you do?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Explore. Wait to die. Think. Wait to die. Mourn and then wait to die.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

After making a very large "space poo", head towards the most likely life-sustaining planet.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Since I would be "orbiting the moon," I would head towards the dark side of it and hope to see an Alien,American, or even Nazi base perhaps. Otherwise, try and practice telepathy for contacting aliens as I have read about here at ATS

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I would do as DB.

Have a big poo whilst looking out of the window and just chill out and float until I run out of everything... Including loo roll and Sudoku games...
edit on 23-8-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Loo roll

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Based on current technological restraints I'd probably spend a decade getting to see Saturn, then turn around and head for the sun for a glorious cremation.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I would reprogram the Kobayashi Maru test to make it winnable.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Turn of all the bloody annoying notifications for support systems, if I gonna go I dont want it to be to the sound of maddening beeping and warning noises, life support failing, oxygen levels critical

Arghhh let me go in peace, also consider the bet of Elvis is still alive to now be truly spent, shame I had good odds

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Anything large enough to obliterate the earth would send huge amounts of debris scattering, some of it likely in your direction.

A collision with any of that, and you won’t need to worry about what to do, you’ll be dead.

Additionally, the destruction of Earth would drastically change the gravitational balance of the entire solar system; you could just find yourself suddenly crashing into whatever is nearby.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Likely lots of whacking. You age slower in space. Maybe you could catch orbit around a few bigger planets and get to moving the speed of light. Of course, it wouldn't matter if Earth was gone. Maybe a UFO would latch onto you and pull you in to their planet.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

After making a very large "space poo", head towards the most likely life-sustaining planet.

You'd be stuck with Sillyolme as a companion for the very long journey ahead of you, and instant stem cell regeneration so your body would never age or quit.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

You'd be stuck with Sillyolme as a companion for the very long journey ahead of you, and instant stem cell regeneration so your body would never age or quit.

. . . . and this is how Darth Vader was made!

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Maybe a UFO would latch onto you and pull you in to their planet.

Aliens rescuing you would be a longshot, but if things got that bad, maybe it's all you'd have.

In that regard, what would be the best way to make that happen? Start broadcasting as loud as possible on all frequencies, pointing your ship toward deep space, then opening a window so you would "freeze dry" like a bag of Birdseye frozen peas and possibly try to preserve your body as cleanly as possible so the aliens would have something to work with and try to reanimate?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran

After gaining your composure, what would you do?

Pray for the best and hope somehow for survivors.
Then begin a salvage and rescue mission if possible through existing orbiting debris.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I think this would be my choice as well.

If nothing else, perhaps I would come across, some sort of wormhole, or space anomaly (not life threatening) that would shoot me across the galaxy.

Maybe first spend a year or so, if it's safe to traverse, gathering debris from things orbiting earth. Maybe to use for parts or engineering something of use.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

. . . . and this is how Darth Vader was made!

Actually, falling in lava with an arm and no legs was probably a little more comforting.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
A very interesting question. If this mythical spaceship of yours would last my lifetime, I'd fire up the 'ol Commodore and plot as many gravity boosts that I could in the solar system and head to Alpha Centauri which according to Dr. Robinson has a habitatal planet.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
try to stem the deafening silence of the void from crushing my spirit. other than that, lots of meditation.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Likely lots of whacking. You age slower in space. Maybe you could catch orbit around a few bigger planets and get to moving the speed of light. Of course, it wouldn't matter if Earth was gone. Maybe a UFO would latch onto you and pull you in to their planet.

My space capsule would resemble a snow globe.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Last time that happened I built a time machine out of some stuff I had laying around and went back to before it happened. I'll probably do the same thing next time too.
And you're welcome.
edit on 8/23/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

top topics

<<   2 >>

join