It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roman Emperor Nero was the AntiChrist - why do people still believe this Abrahamic nonsense?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Until the 5th century, many early Christians believed that Emperor Nero was the Antichrist

The eccentric Roman Emperor Nero died in the year 68 AD. He was only 30 years old at the time of his death, but the period of his 13-year reign was an especially tumultuous period of Roman history.

It was up to the 5th century that early Christians feared Nero’s return. Nero, who is known as the first great persecutor of Christians, hated Christians and ordered punishments for them because they disregarded the roman gods and spread superstition. He would frequently order Christians to be thrown to the dogs, crucified or burned alive. In fact, many early Christians believed that Nero was the Antichrist, who would return to wage an apocalyptic war on Christianity.

Some contemporary historians claim that the Book of Revelations in the New Testament hints that Nero was the first personification of the Antichrist on Earth, after the resurrection of Jesus, and that he would return in the same form to try and exterminate Christianity.

People still believe this Bible nonsense. They still believe there is an AntiChrist in the future. Or some apologists now splutter and make excuses and claim that the AntiChrist is not a single person, but a spirit or a movement or a group of people or anybody who is not Christian or who persecutes Christians.

It's all a lot of nonsense. Several folks in the few hundreds of years shortly following the alleged death of this dude allegedly known as "Jesus" were thought to be "the AntiChrist" - from Emperors, to powerful men or other prophets or other influential people from other religions.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

If you dont believe it then what's the problem? Some people spend to much time worrying about others when they should be more worries for themselves. I choose to believe in the jesus for the sake of my eternal soul if there is such a thing. I figure better safe than sorry and following the 10 commandments isn't really such a bad thing.
edit on 23-8-2019 by cognizant420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

This is where it helps to know and understand the Bible.

It says that there will be many Anti-Christs that come and go.

The last Anti-Christ will declare himself as God and demand that everyone worship him.

I don't believe this to be the case with Nero or Alexander the Great, who has also been considered an Anti-Christ.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Roman Emperor Nero was the AntiChrist - why do people still believe this Abrahamic nonsense?

Ummm, free will and the freedom to worship as they choose.

My question would be, why are you against free will?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Because theres two abominations of the Temple in Scripture

John or Luke has the one in the future....Mathew has the on in 250 B C.

Going from memory

Keep studyin , it's a blast, I swear
edit on 23-8-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Vanity...what else would it be.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Maybe the Antichrist is a time traveler?

NC

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Actually the Antichrist is a future being. The evidence is the day of Jezreel prophecy of Hosea.

In the prophecy it's predicted that Israel and Judah were to face a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse. But in verse 6-2 we're given the timeline of the prophecy. 3 days in the presence of the Lord with the first 2 being the curse. But as with all bible prophesies that involve time those days have an alternate meaning. Per Psalms 90 and 2nd Peter 3-8 those days are 1000 year periods of time. The curse part of the prophecy is 2000 years long.

This would mean the Daniel 9 prophecy of 70 weeks is unfinished. The last week of the prophecy or the last days would have to happen at the end of the 2000 year curse.

The end days are a future event. And appear to be happening in the 2020s.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Roman Emperor Nero was only 30 years old at the time of his death, but the period of his 13-year reign was an especially tumultuous period of Roman history.

Stuff happens when you put a 17 year old in charge of the Empire ...

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

If you are interested in the subject , YouTube Jews debate messianic Jews (Christians pretending to be Jews to recruit)..

What I find most telling is 2 things..

1) no claim the Bible makes that would have left a scar for modern scientists to verify , has been validated..

Every event that would leave a mark, that mark is not there.

2) Judaism and Christianity are structurally different.. like totally different..

Way too different to be from the same source..

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

All of that said Nero being 666 is a theory, not a known fact I do not believe

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think most people are against stupidity. Definitely if you do a poll everyone says yes...

And make no mistake, someone is being stupid..

Either one denomination is correct and EVERYONE else is stupid, or all religious people are stupid..

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think most people are against stupidity. Definitely if you do a poll everyone says yes...

And make no mistake, someone is being stupid..

Either one denomination is correct and EVERYONE else is stupid, or all religious people are stupid..

Should people be allowed, have the freedom, to be "stupid" as you so put it?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Satan, Lucifer, The Light Bringer, The Fallen Angel - Is a very, very deceitful entity. Why not make people disbelieve he exists? Would that not make his tasks and agenda's much easier to achieve?

If I were Gods worst enemy, and I wanted to show that I can gain the trust and worship of his creation, I would make myself barely known to exist and work in the background by manipulating, deceiving and continuously changing information so that everyone is always confused. Until the end.

No one will know what to believe, they will slowly fall away from God and into my arms. So that when the timing is right, I can easily harvest their souls and prove to the almighty that I can take his creation in spite of his power.

To remove faith from humanity is the first step. Removing the basis of God is the next. Re-creating faith and God is the last. Wipe, Rinse and repeat.
edit on 23-8-2019 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

To remove faith from humanity is the first step. Removing the basis of God is the next. Re-creating faith and God is the last. Wipe, Rinse and repeat.

This just triggered a memory... Thank you

What if we are already living the repeat?

If i where the devil i would create a religion and proclaim myself god of said religion.

It would be a religion where people are born sinner and will never be saved unless they obey me, and even then, i will have the last word when it comes to the judgment of their souls.
I would strip away their self-empowerment, and ability to connect with their own godliness.

And I would call out anybody who doesn't obey me or does connect with god by himself, a demon, fallen angel, or the devil himself.

Whatever undermined my authority would clearly be the works of my arch enemy.

What if they realize that i have stolen and hidden the knowledge and riches of the world?
What if they realize that my representatives are perverted, and sick to the core?
I would have predicted world wide destruction and suffering so my followers will manifest said scenario.
The signs for that scenario would be around the time they start to question me and my representatives authority, over this realm.

Sort of a contingency plan for the time they start to see trough my shenanigans.

Then
wash(reduce population make it look fancy so the dumbest ones even cheer on me),
rinse(brainwash the ones left, complete wipe even better than some politicians wipe their hard drives)
repeat (tell a new story about the past and future at my will, like the one your telling right now)

Thanks for collaborating it's working like a charm

Just kidding I don't believe in either your god nor your devil, although I know they exist.

Sincerely NoClue
edit on 23/8/2019 by NoClue because: telling stories

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

You just described Identitarianism to a tee.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII
People still believe this Bible nonsense. They still believe there is an AntiChrist in the future. Or some apologists now splutter and make excuses and claim that the AntiChrist is not a single person, but a spirit or a movement or a group of people or anybody who is not Christian or who persecutes Christians.

The globalists who own this planet believe there is an antiChrist. So maybe direct your queries towards every Government on this planet, because they are all OBEYING the Bible word for word.

The antichrist is programmed to seduce everyone to accept the mark of the Beast. Quite easy when his Mark will allow everyone easy access to alien technology.

Jesus said that many will come in His name. Mark 13:22 - For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if [it were] possible, even the elect.

Obviously you have not FELT the true feelings of Tartarus (angle prison) and the Lake of Fire. If your soul is ready to accept the truth, then GOD will give you the truth.
edit on 23-8-2019 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

To think this was spoken in 1965?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
People like their little stories. It makes them feel like they have some kind of control over their chaotic lives to frame it within a certain cosmology / mythology.

As long as they don't go out and start shooting and burning other people over it, I'm fine with it. They can stew in their own version of reality, as I stew in mine. I can pat myself on the back and call others fools, but in the end, we'll all be dead, at which point this whole charade of an existence will never have meant anything anyway.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The past has been distorted by the Vatican which are the inventors of the FalseFlag so nobody knows what really happened.

Pompei destroyed in 79 AD.... still it's on old maps of the 15-16 century.... something just doesn't add up when it comes to history.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join