It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mixed fiber clothing is evil!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
No really it is. At least according to the bible anyway:

www.guardian.co.uk...
www.bibletools.org...
www.skepticsannotatedbible.com...

All from Leviticus. This is the same Leviticus that the christian right use to say homosexuals are evil and wrong. If they lived by every single rule in the bible they might be mad, but at least they wouldn't be hypocrites.

As it is they just "cherry pick" the bits they want. Saying homosexuals will be punished by god, while wearing a nylon/polyester mix shirt.

Pure hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Um, does that mean I have to run around naked all the time, Cause I think even my pure "100%" cotton clothes have some other fabrics in them somewhere (thread, tags, etc).

It's gonna get cold!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I don't know if mixed fibres are inherently evil, but I do know I avoid them like the devil. The feeling of synthetic fibres against my body gives me the shivers.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
First, Leviticus is not the only place where gays are called sinners.

Second, those who have to use Leviticus to make the argument that the bible is against gays are often speaking from someone else's knowledge, and often don't know hwere to look for the verses in the first place. More than 5 seperate books written in diffrent eras go on about acting on gay activities is a sin...while only leviticus goes on about the mixed fabrics.

Third, if someone would please read the new testament for once, you would see all this info on not being under the law anymore becuase christ came to take away the need for the law (read all of Hebres, Corinthians I & II ROmans, Ephesians, you'll see it everywhere).....and Leveticus is one of those books of law. Christians don't have to follow the guidelines set in there....Orthodox Jews do, because that is Jewish law, not Christian law, unlike the act of a man sleeping wiht a man and a woman sleeping with a woman. That is both a no no in Jewish law and in Christina law.

Fourth, there's nothing wrong with being more attracted to your own kind. It's when you lust after your own kind, and sleep with your own kind that you are a sinner. And then, gluttony is a sin, as is lying, refusing to sleep with your spouse. Any sin makes you a sinner. Any sin that you repeatedly do in defiance to the will of God will keep him from you....I'm not talking about slip-ups....I'm talking about REFUSING to do what's right.

Fifth, if you ain't a christian, you ain't bound by christian law. Do all the sin you want. Don't let people get to you. As far as Christinas are concerned, you are going to hell whether you f*** or not.

(This is a public announcement by a truely gay Chrstian who knows what they are talking about.:lol

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Wow, trying to use levitical cultural, and civil law to show Christians are doing it wrong. Why don't you talk to the Jews since my savior fufilled, and paid for the breaking of those laws about 2000 years ago, which make them not apply to me anymore.

There are many other places where homosexuality is discoruaged. Genesis with the story of soddum and gammorah, 1 corinthians, and others. it is not cherry picking rules. Also, homosexuality is a form of adultery. Which even non-christians is a sin accoring to the 10 commandments (Which I might add, Jews and chritisans still use)

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well thanks for everyone for replying - my first post!

jlc - I pretty much agree with you on everything. My argument is with certain Christians who try to use the old testament to justify their own intolerent attitudes. They will just use the bits they fancy using, while quietly ignoring the rest. You mention 5 books that call homosexuality a sin - I'd be interested to know what they are - are they a part of the bible? I also think a lot of more fundamentalist christians would completely disagree with you about the old testament being irrelavant now.

As far as I am aware Jesus never made any pronoucements on homosexuality, so it can't have been too important to him.

Your point about if you are not a christian then you are not bound christian law is true - shouldn't religious people (of all faiths) stop telling everyone else how to live their lives?

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
Also, homosexuality is a form of adultery. Which even non-christians is a sin accoring to the 10 commandments (Which I might add, Jews and chritisans still use)

So the 10 commandments bit of the old testament applies but not leviticus? There you go with the cherry picking.

How is homosexuality a form of adultery if it is between 2 non-married people? Dictionary.com defines adultery as:

"Voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a partner other than the lawful spouse"

To commit adultery one person having sex must be married. Simple as that.

You also say: "Which even non-christians is a sin [sic]". Well I'm a not a christian, and I don't even believe in the concept of sin. So who are you referring to exactly?

My broader point is that christians should live their lives by their own set of rules and stop trying to impose them on anyone else.

top topics

join