It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flores Agreement is Going Bye-Bye Democrats Furious

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

No, I wasn't talking about DACA, sorry. So your comment didn't have anything to do with mine.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I am not ignorant on the matter, I just tried to be funny in the sense that "guests" leave. By the literal definition of the word.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Because they get citizenship and aren't counted as illegal anymore. That's why Democrats want the system to stay broken.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Rarely, but enough to have multiple children in multiple cages, right?

So how do you reconcile "He is still required to give asylum claimants safe refuge while their cases are pending. " and "indefinite detainment of children"? Define safe refuge. Sitting in a converted Walmart with Foosball and flat screen TVs, with food and hygiene products, sounds pretty safe to me. The issue here then is time. So it sounds like an issue with the backlog of claimants, yes? Meanwhile more and more are being added to the list, and more and more are being backlogged.

So. What do we do about that? Do we keep them detained in a safe place until their court date? You obviously don't like that. Do we just "catch and release" them? Nope, I don't like that because of sanctuary cities, where they don't have to show up to court. So what's the middle ground here? How about we stem the tide, and work on clearing out the backlog and getting everyone sorted and situated? Sounds reasonable to me, but probably not to you.

This is a manufactured crisis, where these throngs of people have been bused to the border (by whom?). To cause exactly this kind of impasse, socially and legislatively. Trump and others have offered solutions. And when crunch time came, Dems refused to do anything meaningful about the "border crisis". Instead they opted to use those children as political tools to attack Trump and Republicans as opposed to helping them. And this is where we're at. Trump is trying to do something, and Dems are just politiking until 2020, while the kids, the people, sit and wait. And you eat it up. And you blame Trump. But in the situation I just laid out, who is acting more cruel?

Furthermore, you don't even realize how cruel your own desire is. Lets pretend for a moment that we implement your idea. We let them in. They get jobs, they send their kids to school, and whatever else you wanted. What happens when their claim is then denied. Well I supposed there is the "Defensive asylum" route, but what if that too is denied? Well, you just gave them a taste and now they're going to lose it. By now, your response would be "make them citizens then, they showed they can assimilate!". To which I'd ask, then why were their claims denied?
edit on 26-8-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Furthermore, you don't even realize how cruel your own desire is. Lets pretend for a moment that we implement your idea. We let them in.

You just don't get it. At this point, they're already here.

They get jobs, they send their kids to school, and whatever else you wanted. What happens when their claim is then denied.

The issue is what to do with them while they wait adjudication, which can take years. The fact that they might lose has nothing to do with ignoring the Flores Settlement and detaining children indefinitely.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

adjudicate adjudicate !!!! 🤣

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Furthermore, you don't even realize how cruel your own desire is. Lets pretend for a moment that we implement your idea. We let them in. They get jobs, they send their kids to school, and whatever else you wanted. What happens when their claim is then denied. Well I supposed there is the "Defensive asylum" route, but what if that too is denied? Well, you just gave them a taste and now they're going to lose it. By now, your response would be "make them citizens then, they showed they can assimilate!". To which I'd ask, then why were their claims denied?

You hit the nail on the head. You know "Amnesty" and then Citizenship is the ultimate goals for immigration on the Progressive side. Everything else is a smokescreen. That's why they fight tight borders, it stops continuing the cycle.

If we have a backlog of court cases then let's increase the amts of Judges and Courts and clear that backlog up.

An Illegals actual time in front of a court for an Amnesty hearing isn't 2 or 3 years. It's either they prove their claim or they don't. Appeals should happen in 30 days or less and only one appeal.

My favorite thing to ask Progressives is what conditions need to occur for Progressives to be ok with deporting an individual?

Ask that and watch their gears grind to a halt.
Usually there isn't much except rape and murder. To progressives, any situation is worthy of granting amnesty.

edit on 27-8-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Furthermore, you don't even realize how cruel your own desire is. Lets pretend for a moment that we implement your idea. We let them in.

You just don't get it. At this point, they're already here.

They get jobs, they send their kids to school, and whatever else you wanted. What happens when their claim is then denied.

The issue is what to do with them while they wait adjudication, which can take years. The fact that they might lose has nothing to do with ignoring the Flores Settlement and detaining children indefinitely.

No, its you that fails to get it. The Flores settlement is exactly why people are "Recycling" children to get across the border. That must suck for those children. I say get rid of it for that reason alone. Stop the enticement.

And yes it can take years. Why is that? Do you not suppose its due to the constant influx? like I said, lets stop the influx, and deal with the people we already have here, so that later on, no one has to wait years. NO ONE HERE wants kids to be detained indefinitely.

That is the real issue. An issue you and your ilk continuously refuse to acknowledge. Because you want amnesty, and your politicians simply want a voter base. Well being be damned. Don't believe me? look at the homelessness in their districts. California is the 6th largest economy in the world, yet they don't want to solve the homelessness. Instead, they view Illegal immigrants as the "new hotness". How long before Dems toss them to the curb in favor of another "new hotness".

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

You hit the nail on the head. You know "Amnesty" and then Citizenship is the ultimate goals for immigration on the Progressive side. Everything else is a smokescreen. That's why they fight tight borders, it stops continuing the cycle.

If we have a backlog of court cases then let's increase the amts of Judges and Courts and clear that backlog up.

An Illegals actual time in front of a court for an Amnesty hearing isn't 2 or 3 years. It's either they prove their claim or they don't. Appeals should happen in 30 days or less and only one appeal.

My favorite thing to ask Progressives is what conditions need to occur for Progressives to be ok with deporting an individual?

Ask that and watch their gears grind to a halt.
Usually there isn't much except rape and murder. To progressives, any situation is worthy of granting amnesty.

They can't see the forest for the trees.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I understand that you think that dumping the Flores Settlement will serve as a much needed deterrent. But, what if you're wrong, and they keep coming. What if they believe Candice Owens, who claims that Trump's detention centers are nicer than her elementary school was. That there are healthy meals, volleyball and soccer courts, arts and crafts classes, Zumba classes, that and detainees can work, if they want to, and there are rows of telephones available to them to keep in touch with family members and to contact lawyers. So, they keep coming?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
“What if they believe Candice Owens who ‘claims’...”

Like she’s lying about it.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

he issue is what to do with them while they wait adjudication, which can take years. The fact that they might lose has nothing to do with ignoring the Flores Settlement and detaining children indefinitely.

As far as I am informed, those cases can take years because of the people trying to get through every loophole possible.

It is kind of dishonest to use this then as an argument, I think you know exactly.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

In that case, why would the threat of detention be a deterrent.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It’s not. Who claimed the threat of detention to be a deterrent?

The deterrent is the refusal to be granted citizenship

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Trump immigration official says new rule detaining families indefinitely is a ‘deterrent’ wsvn.com...

Wardaddy is arguing the same.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Oh. I didn’t see that.

Cool name though. Wardaddy

Makes me like him even more.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

It’s not. Who claimed the threat of detention to be a deterrent?

The deterrent is the refusal to be granted citizenship

Or to get 2 or 3 years to live unmonitored in the US while trying to get asylum. Surely if conditions are so terrifying in their home countries, they would welcome being in secure facilities. Small price to pay to live here legally.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I understand that you think that dumping the Flores Settlement will serve as a much needed deterrent. But, what if you're wrong, and they keep coming. What if they believe Candice Owens, who claims that Trump's detention centers are nicer than her elementary school was. That there are healthy meals, volleyball and soccer courts, arts and crafts classes, Zumba classes, that and detainees can work, if they want to, and there are rows of telephones available to them to keep in touch with family members and to contact lawyers. So, they keep coming?

Has anything but that worked for the last couple decades? And I have to imagine that the border patrol agents, whom are mostly Hispanic, would not want to do the job if the conditions were "concentration camp" levels.

Close the border, stop the flow.
Process everyone already here, clear the backlog.
let them have their day in court, get everyone situated, whether that be here or back home.
Deport those that had rap sheets before they even came here, especially deport repeat offenders. We don't need them, since we have enough crime without them adding to it.
Finish the wall.
Fix the immigration process.
Close loopholes, and end enticements to immigrate illegally.

Most importantly, Refugee status and Asylum must be divvied to those most deserving, it should not be used for backdoor immigration. 3rd world countries will never be more than that if we just keep giving them an out. When should these countries step up and do more for their own citizens?

You'll read all of that and think its all heartless. But honestly, those who want to immigrate and assimilate followed the rules before they even started the journey to citizenship.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

It deters most of us does it not? We all follow the laws otherwise we are jailed, or detained, do we not?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Oh. I didn’t see that.

Cool name though. Wardaddy

Makes me like him even more.

Well, Sookie is arguing that its being done out of cruelty. Because orange man cruel. But he's the only one trying to do something. And that's the way he's operated. Start with the extreme, so that it lights a fire under the asses of our politicians to come to the table and work on it.
edit on 27-8-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join