It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flores Agreement is Going Bye-Bye Democrats Furious

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen ARe new detention centers being built or current centers expanded? We're going to need a hell of a lot more living space now.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Why do you think Obama built them?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And amazingly there are only 11 Million illegals in the Country for over 20 years with those levels of entry.

........ Right.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I feel for them I really do but we can't take all of them in and support them through our welfare system any reasonable person should acknowledge this.

I think it would be better if they could be free to locate family or friends as sponsors, put the kids in school and find jobs, instead of sitting in detention for years waiting for their court date, paid for by tax payer dollars.

Illegal immigrants are not eligible to work in the US You do know that right?

Congress actually passed those laws decades ago.

I suppose we should just ignore that law as well as numerous other immigration laws right?

Heres a novel thought. Let's streamline the immigration courts and add more judges and courts to speed up the processing of Asylum and immigration cases. If people want to play the Asylum game let's get them final determinations quickly. No sense in drawing it out as the vast majority don't have valid Asylum claims.

No one wants to detain them longer than needed but the days of Illegals just vanishing with catch and release has to end. Other countries detain people till their asylum cases are heard. The system has been abused for far too long.

I bet if illegals know that if they get caught, they will be detained till they have a court date, it will eventually mean less people will try to get in by that route.

Let's clear up the backlog by getting cases moving in an fast and fair way.

Better solution than yours, which is just giving up because there are so many.

We also need to close the loophole of birthright Citizenship for anyone just standing on US soil.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TimHeller
I Say bring the troop's home, [some of them] and line the border with them till the wall is finished! if the economic invaders see the troop's maybe the won't try to cross. damn it get in line like proper prospective US citizen's

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

I see this as a good thing. It just can not be healthy to turn a blind eye to the sort of people who come into a country as guests

Only one thing...
They are NOT guests.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

a reply to: xuenchen

And amazingly there are only 11 Million illegals in the Country for over 20 years with those levels of entry.

........ Right.

?? So I am not sure what you are arguing, I provided a graph form a well accepted source?
What is everyone agreeing with you about? If you disagree with the information or the graph is it because you have a better source?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

He may be suggesting there's 25-30 million illegals here 😎🥝🥥

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: SeaWorthy

He may be suggesting there's 25-30 million illegals here 😎🥝🥥

Nobody knows. It could be 40-50 million. The numbers are all over the place which they should be. Most reports say it's 20 million. First I heard of 11-12 million. That number came from fact check .org. FC use to be impartial but they have many liberal writers, they appear a lot on NPR and their second biggest donor is FB. Third is private donations, majority form liberal states. www.factcheck.org...

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I'm confused by something, how can the President overturn a court decision?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Once they are documented, they can get work permits, while they're waiting for their court date, that could take years. Happens all the time.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Living Memory.
Anybody remember the Cheech&Chong movie where Cheech's relatives called La Emigre? on themselves so they could get a free bus back to the border? Okay, that WAS just a stoner comedy, but in those days not too far from the truth: you come in, get caught, processed, get a bus ride back to the other side. Hey, if you can believe Cheech&Chong, it kept entire families together for their detention and the return trip as well.

Remember the very real "wet foot, dry foot" immigration for Cubans rafting over to the USA? Make it to land, you're okay, get caught in the water, probably you go back. Immigration policy softened a bit by the time the Vietnam Boat People arrived.

Remember Ronald Reagan gave a once in a lietime amnesty to "undocumented workers" around 40 years ago? Well, Reagan may be dead, but it's still in "living memory" for older farts than me out here,

So what IS going to be the flavor of the day, today, on immigration policy? Delicate balance between normalized international rules & procedures and what many consider a compassionate moral imperative to house & support alleged refugees, regardless of eligibility requirements for seeking Refugee Asylum Status? Regardless of an immigrants' ability to provide for themselves & their families?

LOOK at those statistics: there's a driving force to this immigration. Weakened immigration policy coupled with inflammatory rhetoric promoting an alleged "huminitarian crises at the border" has focused attention on the situation, but profoundly fails to address any solutions or underlying motivations behind the mass migration.

I'm not going to go running wildly down the conspiracy rabbit hole. I am aware that inferring causality in human affairs is fraught with "subjectivity". The question is what, and by extension, who, is driving mass migration to the US? Who is paying for boat rides from Africa? What's motivating these peoples to migrate to America - what propaganda is used to entice them?

AND FINALLY: Who Profits (literally) or Benefits from this mass migration mess and How?

ganjoa

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It wasn't a court decision it was an agreement that was made between a previous president (I think obama) and a group that brought a lawsuit against the govt over the treatment of the illegal immigrants that were in its custody. Kind of like a settlement between the parties which was approved and overseen by the court.
Not sure but now that the trump administration has decided to pull out of it, the original lawsuit might be revived..
Or it might have been Clinton,
edit on 23-8-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Asylum applicants don't qualify for a work permit until their case is won or 180 days have passed with no decision.

By Ilona Bray, J.D.

Under U.S. immigration laws, only certain immigrants are allowed to work, usually after they apply for a work permit called an Employment Authorization Document (or EAD). Some years ago, asylum applicants were allowed to get an EAD as soon as they'd submitted their application for asylum and work while their case was being considered, but no longer.

Link

They can get a temporary work permit if their case
Takes longer than 180 days but to close this loophole that has been being abused:

In 2018, it therefore began scheduling recent asylum applicants BEFORE those who'd applied earlier, just to make sure they had less of a chance of receiving a work permit. 

You were saying?

edit on 23-8-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

You were saying?

I was saying....

The Trump administration isn't likely to accept central American refugee applications, since he's made it so hard for central American asylum claimants, when another poster said that these people should apply for refugee status from their own country....

I was also saying the way I think it should be, more like the way it was. It WAS the case, thanks for snarky the update BTW, that asylum claimants could get jobs while awaiting their judication. That also gave them the opportunity to find and pay a good immigration lawyer. The Trump administration has an interest in hindering that!

T
edit on 23-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

That's not amnesty. That's just reinstated "catch and release". Maybe upgrade the program.

Its amnesty and it was amnesty before. Do you think dog meat is in a "hot dog"?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Ok but, asylum does not apply to economic immigrants.

If they're applying for asylum, they still get a court date.

They can apply til they're blue in the face, doesn't change the fact that being granted asylum has some pretty specific circumstances that do not include economic reasons.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Once they are documented, they can get work permits, while they're waiting for their court date, that could take years. Happens all the time.

Yeah, and them not showing up for their court dates and just getting "lost in the country" happens all the time as well. Which is one of the key issues here.

edit on 23-8-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

You were saying?

I was saying....

The Trump administration isn't likely to accept central American refugee applications, since he's made it so hard for central American asylum claimants, when another poster said that these people should apply for refugee status from their own country....

I was also saying the way I think it should be, more like the way it was. It WAS the case, thanks for snarky the update BTW, that asylum claimants could get jobs while awaiting their judication. That also gave them the opportunity to find and pay a good immigration lawyer. The Trump administration has an interest in hindering that!

T

So do I. Asylum should not be used as back door immigration. It bogs down the system for those that are seeking asylum for legitimate reasons characterized by asylum law.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Yeah, and them not showing up for their court dates and just getting "lost in the country" happens all the time as well. Which is one of the key issues here.

Keeping families locked for years isn't the answer.

They can apply til they're blue in the face, doesn't change the fact that being granted asylum has some pretty specific circumstances that do not include economic reasons.

Neither is the fact that they are fleeing violence.

Its amnesty and it was amnesty before.

So, all the past presidents that employed "catch and release" policy were committing amnesty. Got it.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join