It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flores Agreement is Going Bye-Bye Democrats Furious

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Flatcoat

Not criminal ramifications, if they're asylum applicants. Give them ankle trackers, and have them check in like they're on parole.

But But 💫😃💫

ICE: 3 in 10 illegal immigrant family units cut off ankle bracelets after being released from custody

Around 3 in 10 families apprehended for illegally entering the United States from Mexico cut off their ankle monitoring devices shortly after being released from Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody and told to show up for asylum hearings, an ICE official said

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I see this as a good thing. It just can not be healthy to turn a blind eye to the sort of people who come into a country as guests, seeking shelter but using every possible measure to avoid the laws and cause unrest.

What else should I call it when a refugee or immigrant spends so much gray matter on circumventing the laws of the country they seek help from? Showing the middle finger to its citizens?

And the real poor souls, who actually want to start a new life, living by the law, are the ones that suffer even more.

Yeah, just wait until some apply for a paid vacation the the country they fled. You heard it here first! Just look at Germany, I pray you do better.
edit on 22-8-2019 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

a reply to: conspiracy nut

I feel for them I really do but we can't take all of them in and support them through our welfare system any reasonable person should acknowledge this.

I think it would be better if they could be free to locate family or friends as sponsors, put the kids in school and find jobs, instead of sitting in detention for years waiting for their court date, paid for by tax payer dollars.

So, amnesty then..

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
That’s right

In Germany, if a fakeugee travels back home for a holiday, they are NOT allowed back into Germany

Imagine if the weak minded leftists found out about that new law. There would be calls for the ousting of merkel for being such a racist

Good thing cNn doesn’t report on things like that

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
Something has to be done to let the migrants know they can't keep coming and crossing illegally. The problem should be addressed on several fronts and not just by calling them names and vilifying them as invaders, criminals etc etc. I feel for them I really do but we can't take all of them in and support them through our welfare system any reasonable person should acknowledge this.

They are criminals when they cross illegally. Others are criminals before they even get to the border.

How about...A wall, to funnel people to legal ports of entry and begin the immigration process..

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Flatcoat

Not criminal ramifications, if they're asylum applicants. Give them ankle trackers, and have them check in like they're on parole.

Ok but, asylum does not apply to economic immigrants.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Can you source that?
Never mind, it is the law they are discussing currently...

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

It is crazy how the world suddenly acts as if America controlling it's immigration is something bad, that the rest of the world doesn't do. It has economic and other impacts on us.

in their defense, it's what they were told to think.

Exactly.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Then "chip" them.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

That's not amnesty. That's just reinstated "catch and release". Maybe upgrade the program.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Ok but, asylum does not apply to economic immigrants.

If they're applying for asylum, they still get a court date.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

a reply to: conspiracy nut

I feel for them I really do but we can't take all of them in and support them through our welfare system any reasonable person should acknowledge this.

I think it would be better if they could be free to locate family or friends as sponsors, put the kids in school and find jobs, instead of sitting in detention for years waiting for their court date, paid for by tax payer dollars.

One: They should have seeked out family or friends to 'sponsor' them and enter legally from the beginning.

Two: you obviously missed this quoted paragraph in the Op's post:

As of 2018, “ICE’s overall Average Length of Stay (ALOS) in detention is 39.8 days, but the average length of time for an alien to remain on a non-detained docket is close to 1300 days.”

Take note of that average 39.8 days. I think it will save us more in the long run and we will process cases quicker to ensure more legitimate claims can be processed. Also, reduce the need for ICE to have to track down those who disappear.

There is many more benefits in this for America and actual legitimate asylum seekers...looks like a win/ win for everyone except those who are not legitimate. Seems like a perfect compromise to me. All Americans should be happy.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

In Germany, if a fakeugee travels back home for a holiday, they are NOT allowed back into Germany

It's the same here in the US. A "Dreamer" lost his status because he accidentally found himself at the border at Tijuana, and couldn't turn around. So he drove in and then turned around and got in line to reenter the US. He didn't get in.

edit on 22-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88

Can you source that?
Never mind, it is the law they are discussing currently...

And how ANYONE could oppose it is beyond comprehension

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

As of 2018, “ICE’s overall Average Length of Stay (ALOS) in detention is 39.8 days, but the average length of time for an alien to remain on a non-detained docket is close to 1300 days.”

But, we know that's not true. Where do you think they're going after 39.8 days, and why do you think Trump is asking for indefinite detention of families and their children?

One: They should have seeked out family or friends to 'sponsor' them and enter legally from the beginning.

To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States. You may apply for asylum status regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status.
You must apply for asylum within one year of the date of their last arrival in the United States,
www.uscis.gov...

So, asylum seekers have recourse to enter the US between border check points and find family, maybe get a lawyer, before turning themselves in, but many turn themselves in immediately, sitting on the side of road waiting for border patrol to come along, so that they can present themselves.
edit on 22-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You do realize the only difference between a refugee and asylum seeker is where they apply right? If they truly have a legitimate reason for asylum they could apply for refugee status from their home country. If their claim is legitimate, they will be granted refugee status and allowed to legally enter the US. Don't you think that would be a better alternative than crossing thousands of miles of desert just to tie up the limited resources we have in place right now?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I can empathize with why this issue is so big for people, I really can.

My grandfather immigrated from Italy at a time Italians were looked down upon in this country. He came of age around WWII, and though that was a topic we never talked about.... The fact we couldn't talk about it spoke volumes.

I don't think we're handling this in the best possible way, but the last thing we can do is sit on our hands.

As far as I can tell, many are using this as a topic to spite Trump. This used to be one of the few things both parties agreed on so much, they campaigned on similar platforms.

We're in debt, our infrastructure is decaying, we have a health and education crisis... And we're seeing alarming rates of crossings without going through the processes that are in place.

It's kind of the reservation vs walk in scenarios... And like a restaurant, we are an institution with limitations.

I kind of see it as a crashing plane. We have to secure our oxygen mask before assisting the fellow passengers.

It's a shi##y analogy, and an even sh##ier situation. But letting a whole bunch of immigrants just waltz across without going through the procedures just sets them up for exploitation. Furthermore, it bleeds Central and South America of the lifeblood they need to fix their countries.

I think we should help ourselves... And try and help those countries maintain their citizens before taking in hundreds of thousands of people a year while we're trying to stabilize our own situation.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Blows my mind that few if any countries have as lax a control of their border as we do, and yet we are the horrible racists inhumane monsters for wanting to do what 99% of the rest of the world is already doing.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

If they truly have a legitimate reason for asylum they could apply for refugee status from their home country.

No they can't. They would have to apply for refugee status from outside the country from which they are fleeing for their lives. That country has to have signed the treaty and be considered a "safe" country, which most central American countries are not.

Right now, the U.S. has such an agreement, known as a "safe third country," only with Canada. Under a recent agreement with Mexico, Central American countries were considering a regional compact on the issue, but nothing has been decided. Guatemalan officials were expected in Washington on Monday, but apparently a meeting between Trump and Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales was canceled amid a court challenge in Guatemala over whether the country could agree to a safe third with the U.S.

www.10tv.com...

Also, the president decides annually which countries' citizens are eligible for refugee status, which is based on the USA's best interest in protecting certain populations. The Trump administration continues to put restrictions on central American refugees and claims of asylum.

www.cheryldavidlaw.com...
www.uscis.gov... s

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Blows my mind that few if any countries have as lax a control of their border as we do, and yet we are the horrible racists inhumane monsters for wanting to do what 99% of the rest of the world is already doing.

Even when we're one of the most ethnically diverse 1st world countries.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join