It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flores Agreement is Going Bye-Bye Democrats Furious

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Looks like the Trump Administration is scraping that old immigration thing called The Flores Agreement.

A new plan will make that old fashioned 20 day detention limit old hat.

Now Families will get to stay together in detention until court hearings.

WoW

Now Democrats will start losing some of their straw donors because HHS foster contractors and "caught and released" people won't be getting as much money from their "service fees" and other "sources of income".

Sure to be court challenges any day now 💫😈💫

Families detained together stay together

Flores Canceled: DHS And HHS Promise ‘Humane’ Plan But Democrats Lash Back

The Flores Agreement Court Case

The Trump administration announced Wednesday that its scrapping the Flores Settlement, an agreement that started ‘catch and release,’ which incentivized illegal immigration and created loopholes in the system. Basically, detention centers couldn’t hold family units for more than 20 days, even though it takes roughly 45 to 60 days to complete their immigration proceedings.

Critics of the Flores Settlement Agreement, which was based on the more liberal 9th circuit court ruling, have noted that the majority of family units never make it to court once they are released into the United States. Further, the statistics show that the families can stay up to eight years before going to court by using other loopholes in the system as an alternative to detention.

As of 2018, “ICE’s overall Average Length of Stay (ALOS) in detention is 39.8 days, but the average length of time for an alien to remain on a non-detained docket is close to 1300 days.”

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

From the link:

"For example, in 2013, U.S. Customs and Border Protection apprehended 14,855 family units crossing the border illegally. By 2018, the Border Patrol apprehended 107,212 family units, which is an “increase of more than 620% in just 5 years.”

I'd say that warrants some kind of action.
But no matter what, Orange Man Bad.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

maybe this will end the practice of using kids as pawns to get into the US. Having to spend time in a cage is bad, but having to take care of someone else's kid while doing so might just take the wind out of some folks sails.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

There is a reason for the influx and yes, some of the reason is orange man. People wanna get in before it's to late, a last ditch effort. Better get that wall ready!

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I guess he didn't like those monitors the court appointed to inspect the facilities or the idea of the courts saying that they needed to give the kids soap, toothbrushes and such to be in accord to it. Probably didn't like it much when those monitors talked to the public about the conditions they found either..
Well good, he won't have them butting their noses into these camps any more..
Just know that these camps just might not really be being built to house the illegals in the end..

+33 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

what do you think Obama had in mind when he built them?

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Gravelbone

There is a reason for the influx and yes, some of the reason is orange man. People wanna get in before it's to late, a last ditch effort. Better get that wall ready!

If he's so bad, why do they want to come here?

Maybe Canada could set up a bus service from the detention centers to the land of the peaceful leaf.

It is crazy how the world suddenly acts as if America controlling it's immigration is something bad, that the rest of the world doesn't do. It has economic and other impacts on us.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

It is crazy how the world suddenly acts as if America controlling it's immigration is something bad, that the rest of the world doesn't do. It has economic and other impacts on us.

in their defense, it's what they were told to think.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

what do you think Obama had in mind when he built them?

yeah that guy was a turd
what was he thinking

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It's better then where they are coming from perhaps?

I'm saying he is part of the reason why there is an influx, you can't deny that. Otherwise you're assuming I'm complaining about the situation. Your country, your rules. Just saying, get that wall ready.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gravelbone

From the link:

"For example, in 2013, U.S. Customs and Border Protection apprehended 14,855 family units crossing the border illegally. By 2018, the Border Patrol apprehended 107,212 family units, which is an “increase of more than 620% in just 5 years.”

I'd say that warrants some kind of action.
But no matter what, Orange Man Bad.

The U.S. civilian workforce includes 7.6 million unauthorized immigrants, representing a decline since 2007.

About two-thirds (66%) of unauthorized immigrant adults in 2017 had been in the U.S. more than 10 years, compared with 41% in 2007

In 2017, unauthorized immigrant adults had lived in the U.S. for a median of 15.1 years, meaning that half had been in the country at least that long.

www.pewresearch.org...

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Something has to be done to let the migrants know they can't keep coming and crossing illegally. The problem should be addressed on several fronts and not just by calling them names and vilifying them as invaders, criminals etc etc. I feel for them I really do but we can't take all of them in and support them through our welfare system any reasonable person should acknowledge this.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I feel for them I really do but we can't take all of them in and support them through our welfare system any reasonable person should acknowledge this.

I think it would be better if they could be free to locate family or friends as sponsors, put the kids in school and find jobs, instead of sitting in detention for years waiting for their court date, paid for by tax payer dollars.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I feel for them I really do but we can't take all of them in and support them through our welfare system any reasonable person should acknowledge this.

I think it would be better if they could be free to locate family or friends as sponsors, put the kids in school and find jobs, instead of sitting in detention for years waiting for their court date, paid for by tax payer dollars.

So, no repercussions for entering the country illegally then?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Not criminal ramifications, if they're asylum applicants. Give them ankle trackers, and have them check in like they're on parole.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

But trump did like it when Rev. Samuel Rodriguez of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference.
Which has been a critic of Trump’s immigration policies and has even set up sanctuary churchs . Toured the facility AOC commented on the next day and said she was full of crap .

I’m tired of those oral arguments getting taken out of context too. Nowhere in the United States does an American jail require hygiene products be distributed to Americans while in holding.

Those are required to be given out when you are transferred to custody .

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Ha, welcome to my world, except my government is doing the opposite.

i.kym-cdn.com...

Yes, I can not sleep

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I Say bring the troop's home, [some of them] and line the border with them till the wall is finished! if the economic invaders see the troop's maybe the won't try to cross. damn it get in line like proper prospective US citizen's

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

Deserves embedding.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

in their defense, it's what they were told to think.

Exactly this

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join