It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationism (noun)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Creationism is the idea a creator created existence.

Sources like to claim the theory of evolution contradicts creationism while evolution yet has to prove how existence originated but is convinced it was not done by a creator so is continuing the search for the origin of existence.

For me it's logical to think and believe that anything that exists has to have been made.

Some go a step further and claim the creator of existence is a divine being, a god responsible for everything and even the god written of in the book the Bible causing a lot of disagreement, ridicule and mocking.

One day we will know the true origin of existence from a paper printed by a machine.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance
On day every knee shall bow and every toughen shall confess

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Creationism is the belief that God made the world and the human race.
The theory of evolution offers one description of the way that he did it.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The problem is that it is NOT logical. Somethingness from nothingness does not make sense.

Logic-wise, we have no way to confirm if nothingness ever existed. Based on the evidence of somethingness, somethingness has ALWAYS existed.

I think evolution is God's purpose for the Universe. Where the word God means the realization of every possible event that can occur over an unimaginable amount of time. Each of us is composed of an infinite number of instances over and infinite number of alternate Universes which each possible choice we can make gets played out as God's omnipotence is realized. The Universe is an information matrix part of God's omnipotent mind.

edit on 22-8-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Hmm....I Dunno ............)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

We were talking answers not questions.

But you bring up a great point. The very idea of a question is an extremely anthropomorphic idea. The same thing with the "laws" of physics. If an apple is subject to laws when it falls then that makes the apple a citizen.

I think the Universe is a giant blob of analogy energy with no beginning and no end and essentially impossible to represent with language because everything is connected to everything else without any divisions. The very idea of divisions is just an artificial abstract construct created in the mind of men. Nature is one continuous never ending wave of electromagnetic energy in every possible direction, amplitude, frequency, and most likely inter-dimensional as well.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
For me it's logical to think and believe that anything that exists has to have been made.

By your own logical reasoning, if said creator exists, it would have to have been made...

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I think evolution is God's purpose for the Universe. Where the word God means the realization of every possible event that can occur over an unimaginable amount of time. Each of us is composed of an infinite number of instances over and infinite number of alternate Universes which each possible choice we can make gets played out as God's omnipotence is realized. The Universe is an information matrix part of God's omnipotent mind.

I think the Universe is a giant blob of analogy energy with no beginning and no end and essentially impossible to represent with language because everything is connected to everything else without any divisions. The very idea of divisions is just an artificial abstract construct created in the mind of men. Nature is one continuous never ending wave of electromagnetic energy in every possible direction, amplitude, frequency, and most likely inter-dimensional as well.

It means nothing really, freethinker.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: scojak

Explain to me the meaning of eternal.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Maybe you should explain to me what you think it means.

Regardless, the existence of a word to describe a concept is not proof of the concepts existence.

ETA
And why would an "eternal" creator be more likely than "eternal" life?
edit on 8/23/2019 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I think the Universe is a giant blob of analogy energy with no beginning and no end..

Eternal means something that hasn't been made.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Cool, now that we've clarified that, what does that have to do with proving your point?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I don't know. What point are you trying to prove I'm having?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   

It means nothing really, freethinker.

Just as much as anything coming out of your pie hole.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I don't know. What point are you trying to prove I'm having?

Well, based on your OP, your point seems to be that evolution has failed to explain a starting point to life, so the only logical explanation is that a creator created life.

So how does "eternal" prove this point?
edit on 8/23/2019 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I don't know. What do you think?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Yea, nothing.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I don't know. What do you think?

Dude, if you want to discuss, then lets discuss. If you want to just ask me senseless questions, then go waste someone else's time.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   

You asked this so called senseless question myself first. I hope you understand.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join