It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK LANCA Project

page: 1

join
share:
RAB

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Hi Guys and Girls,

Spotted this a bit ago, didn't post it as I've been sitting in the dark running cables :-(

Janes Lanca News

Well it's nice to see the RAF now has a Rapid Capabilities Office hopefully that will stop projects festering for years without any progress.

Would be a nice addition to the High Low Mix of the RAF. As as the moment we seem to have a High and Insane mix :-) (Cannot find any low)

Kind regards,

RAB

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Finally getting on the bandwagon
Boeing in Australia has just made small scale demonstrators for testing.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RAB

Are these to be used with the tempest design and what comes from that program?, i read they are wanting low cost UAVs to work in conjunction with it.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

*cough*Kratos*cough*

RAB

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

Hard to say. But I would not be surprised to see the test unit forming quickly.

From what I take away the "phase 1" bit is testing and simulation.

Phase two could well be *cough*Kratos*cough* (to quote anzha)

The UK has 18 F35's currently if each could be teamed with two mates. The numbers get better quickly. (Not sure all are in the UK yet!)

RAB

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The f-35 would be a good test bed to run these with, by the time tempest is operational these things should be settled into the system nicely.

Its starting to feel like the UK is finally moving its arse and getting us back where we should be.... and about time too.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Catch_a_Fire

The f-35 would be a good test bed to run these with, by the time tempest is operational these things should be settled into the system nicely.

Its starting to feel like the UK is finally moving its arse and getting us back where we should be.... and about time too.

Pretty sure this and Temptest will be part of the next gen -the rumours and tech videos of what BAe have been up to the last few years are mindblowing. (autonomous self healing drones that fly as one main triangular drone then separate in to five smaller sized drones to complete various tasks....whispers of emp style propulsion too and major focuses/investment on electronic warfare.

Used to work at BAE working on the Joint Strike Fighter engines/flutter issues back in late 90s early 2000s. It was designed to integrate with current tech/gen - tempest and upcoming UK packages will most likely be backwards compatible but geared more towards their own.

Teaser vid if what's coming up back from 2014 - a lot of projects have bee achieved collaorating with universities and graduates - major focus on cheap, autonomous, drones.

edit on 22-8-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

That early 21st Century game engine is making me feel nostalgic.

Looks awesome.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Leaps and bounds lately it seems, hopefully politics wont get in the way of these programs, its the last thing we need, now we've found that drive again.

In terms of development its not nice being a 'catch up' country when were more than capable of being at the forefront, as were proving now. I can imagine other countrys, on both sides, keeping a very close eye on whats to come from the programs, even though most have fingers in their own projects.

Interesting times.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

Has the f-35 had that problem of not being able to fly at supersonic for very long at altitude incase of structual damage. How much does each one cost us.

RAB

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 11SK1180

Most things don't fly supersonic for long as it murders your fuel.

Supercruise on the F35 no clue maybe 150 miles tops.

RAB

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

There was issues with the stealth coating and a risk of structural damage with prolonged, high mach flight. Id be pretty certain those issues are ironed out now or soon will be. They cost @ 100 million, give or take a few million as they develop.

Im sorry i cant be more technical with my answers like some here..... Im just a learner lol.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

They found two aircraft something like 8 years ago that had structural damage. They've tried repeatedly to duplicate it and haven't been able to. The restriction is in place as a better safe measure, and in an actual fight, wouldn't apply if they really needed it.

Under LRIP 11, the F-35A is $89.2M, the B is $115.5M, and the C is $107.7M. By next year the A is expected to bottom out price wise at $80M.

top topics

join