It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Leaders Slam Democrat Candidates for Pandering - Trump Opened Eyes by Keeping Promises.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Wednesday, August 21, 2019

When Donald Trump was campaigning for President, he promised several things to the African American/Black community, and is in the process of delivering on those promises. (Higher Employment, Prison Reform, Opportunity Zones, etc..)

By being one of the only Presidents to make good on his promises, Trump has exposed how Democrat office seekers historically show up in African American Churches and Meetings, AT ELECTION TIME. Promising EVERYTHING, but delivering NOTHING, after being elected.

With their eyes now "open", NAACP (National Association Advancing Colored People) leaders are slamming the current crop of Democrat 2020 Presidential candidates for pandering to, and insulting the intelligence of African Americans.

On Wednesday, former NAACP Assistant Director Michael Meyers slammed the Democratic Party’s attempt to snag more black votes by way of reparations rhetoric.

Michael didn’t mince words: “My position is that this reparations debate is old. It’s passe. It’s a scam. It’s a hustle. The 2020 Democrats are pandering to black voters."

Even Cory Booker? "Yes. He is pandering to black voters. He’s trying to get a percentage of people who are voting for Biden.”

Is the reparations promise a scam? “Of course, it is. It’s more of the Blame Whitey Movement. Mania. Madness. And it’s sheer racial rhetoric.”
Transcript/Video at: www.redstate.com...

For Clarity - From the Urban Dictionary..

PANDERING:A manipulative device used by politicians to agree and support the popular view of a particular group or groups of people in order secure their vote.

Although the philosophy or interest of this particular politician is not necessarily in tune with that particular group, he or she will appear as though he or she agrees with a particular group, particularly during the election season, in order to win his/her sear.

The interest of particular groups may be somewhat farfetched, including creating Utopia's for them to live in or to achieve the so called "rainbows" and "butterflies" they so want to have.

But, if that is what the educated politician has to agree with, in order to win on election day, then he/she will do it.
Source: www.urbandictionary.com...

I'll add to this thread as pandered-to groups wake up and realize that, due to Trump KEEPING his promises, Democrat Presidential candidates see them only as votes. Not as U.S. citizens who are worthy of dignity and respect.

-CareWeMust

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Most of the black people I know are pretty smart, I know they hate fake promises from campaigning. Trump at least tried to bring jobs back to America, but it has been hard because the Democrats and media are trying to tie him up with fake allegations. Sure, Trump is a head strong big businessman, but he does know how to run a corporation and the USA is sort of a big corporation.

I do not blame the black people for telling off the Democrats who come there and make campaign promises they could never keep.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Are you really suggesting that T is not pandering?

Thanks for the dictionary lesson.

Who cares about cory anyway? I mean, besides Jersey.

I care. Don't you?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Roh roh , sounds like the naacp is talking like a racist.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong

I care. Don't you?

Are you suggesting that Trump's policies are pandering? Not that people are being successful and doing better with said policies?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Pandering is kinda like collusion.
You know, the no crime no collusion mandate.
Pandering is all about intent.
If you make promises to voters that you actually INTEND TO KEEP - that isn't pandering.
Everybody wants your vote, but lying, cheating and stealing to get it - that's pandering!

For the record, Kamala #HeelsUpHarris is both the most prolific and successful panderer on the Oval Office Circuit. That woman can't make a statement that will stand up longer than whatever her current audience wants to hear.
Each encounter is just another "trick" and she'll do/say whatever she thinks will get the "johns" vote.
It's her somewhat different take on "brutal honesty" - I don't find it "refreshing".

On an unrelated topic, Kung Fu Panderer 3 promises to deliver.......

ganjoa

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Seems like most politicians on either side pander to the voters around election time. It has gotten to the point where I have accepted the idea that campaign promises are always lies to secure the vote. Once they get into office they normally do a 180 degree turn and every thing they say is the opposite of what happens. Presidents always become liars it seems, "Read my lips", "I never had sex", "You can keep your doctor", etc.

I didn't want to vote for Trump, but I felt there was no choice from early on. But to my complete surprise, Donald Trump has actually tried to live up to his campaign promises and has made progress toward that end. Do to that fact alone I'm going to vote for him again. It is a rare politician that actually tries to keep the promises made. I hope if he wins the next election that he really tries to drain the swamp and get some convictions for such gross violations of law and the trust of the people. What does he have to lose in his second term?
edit on 22-8-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
That's funny. No nobody has a problem with "whitey" benefiting from slavery and the subsequent BS but those people have a problem when it's time for black people to benefiting from their own labor.

Land of the imprisoned.. home of the coward.

As long as Jews get repatriations, then black folks should too. Black people didn't benefit from the "New Deal" but they paid their taxes that directly benefited white folks.

And the FDR's New Deal is why most white people aren't poor anymore. But I gotta hear folks bitchin and complainin because they are the new boogeyman.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
That's funny. No nobody has a problem with "whitey" benefiting from slavery and the subsequent BS but those people have a problem when it's time for black people to benefiting from their own labor.

As long as Jews get repatriations, then black folks should too. Black people didn't benefit from the "New Deal" but they paid their taxes that directly benefited white folks.

And the FDR's New Deal is why most white people aren't poor anymore. But I gotta hear folks bitchin and complainin because they are the new boogeyman.

WTF? point to anyone here who owned slaves. Now point to anyone here who was a slave. I notice you haven't moved.

such a pathetic post.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Ok cool.
But only Whites?
Just going to leave this here.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The continuous Dems saying no voter ID because blacks can't seem to figure out how to get an ID is pretty insulting on many levels.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Mmmkay. I think that's enough internet for you today.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Bro. It's bad when even black leaders don't want reparations. Give it up.

I bet you're white.
edit on fFridayAmerica/Chicago0108699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I care. Don't you?
Are you suggesting The people at NAACP don’t know what they are talking about?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I don’t even know where to begin.... and I think you meant reparations. Repatriation is when people get to go back home.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

I care. Don't you?
Are you suggesting The people at NAACP don’t know what they are talking about?

No, I think she is saying that Hillary should have won in 2016 because she threw a bottle of hot sauce in her purse when she went to "campaign " in Alabama. That wasnt pandering, but Trump bringing unemployment down for all Americans is racist because he should have just given the blacks and Latinos jobs.....

Lolz🤪

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ummm. . . . the NAACP panders to the black community.

*shakes head and walks away*

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

You make jokes, but there are people out there who are dumb enough to actually think like that.

Let that sink in.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Many seem to forget the hundreds of thousands of WHITE people that died helping them gain their freedom. Seems like that much loss of life should be reparations enough.

In my experience, minorities know absolutely nothing about slavery, the people that helped stop it, or even the year of the Proclamation. They only know it is a handy crutch that is a great excuse for laziness.

And how are these payments determined? My family wasn't in this country until 1902. Will I have to pay? Will minorities have to prove they're related to slaves to collect? Seems like the only winners would be the government forming all kinds of committees and agencies to make all these determinations. Biggest losers are minorities because they will be resented for such nonsense and never be able to fully assimilate.

Every race has equal opportunity to succeed in this country if they put in the effort. Any minority accepting such a bribe is a POS and deserves all the negatives that will come with that payment.

edit on 23-8-2019 by MrBuddy because: rw

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Several things.

1. If reparations get paid, no more blaming white folks for anything. Accept payment and lets get on down the road.

2. What percentage of black do I have to be to get paid? If I do is it on a percentage of the whole amount?

3. Can we include American Native Indians in the payment process? See no. 1 above if this happens.

4. See 2 above but insert Native American Indian.

5. How will this get paid for? White people get "white tax" for the next 10 years? (and then it never goes away)

6. How do we determine african american lineage for basis of being a slave? Would you need to provide proof or is this just an "you get a check and you get a check and you get a check..."

I'm white. My family came here from Sweden and Germany. No one in my family ever owned slaves. However, we did fight for the north. Does any of this make me "white tax" exempt. I do have proof.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join