It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested for meme in Connecticut "showing interest in mass shooting"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Funny, I don't remember asking you a goddamned thing... are you speaking for dawnstar now?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: DBCowboy

A fetus is not legally considered a person and abortion is not considered murder..

It is a living human.

And should be freedom of the woman to decide whether to carry or not, surely, Mr against anti-freedom?

You should check into hypocrites anonymous ASAP, if only so they can laugh at you and see you as the lowest level from which they must rise.

So while the unborn have no rights, this is something you intend to celebrate.

Kay.

Apparently you think people walking around not knowing someone has expressed an intent to kill them and the means to do so have no rights, but then you would, wouldn't you?

Hope and pray one day you don't type in ATS that a loved one of yours was the victim of such a crime and you bemoan law enforcement for not catching them sooner because although I will hate myself for it, my response would be PMSL.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
This isn't censorship. It's more like profiling. I think it's pretty obvious that mass shootings usually involve people with a screw loose. How can you prevent them from carrying out murder when they hear voices in their head or are convinced snakes and spiders are crawling all over them? You take away their stash and get them some help.

I'm pro-2nd amendment but I wouldn't want to be in the company of armed idiots. In fact, I'm armed in case one of those idiots comes into my house uninvited.

All mass shootings are done by people with screws loose because normal people don't conduct mass shootings.

But not all people with screws loose conduct mass shootings.

This IS censorship because if everything you say or do is now suspect, then people will just self-censor their activities and STILL conduct mass shootings!

Don't know why we're so far apart on this DB. We can agree that a lot of mass shootings happen because of mentally unstable people. If an unstable person posts crap about shooting up a place, what's wrong with the cops taking a look at his background?

As I think about this, all I can say is that it comes down to responsible gun ownership. Most of the shootings that happen in schools have been committed by a student. In many other shootings (except Vegas) the perpetrators were young. Maybe that's a clue. It tells me that parents stopped teaching their kids about gun safety. It's worth a discussion. Better than getting rid of all legal guns just because of some irresponsible individuals.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
this is a slippery slope. The kid needed to be questioned, due to his online activity. If we ignore this, we might allow the next mass shooting. But he can't be arrested for speech. If it's as stated, and he was arrested for illegal weapons accessories, then he only has himself to blame for running his gob when he didn't have his house in order.

So if all is as advertised, this seems fine. But, if online comments are used to jail someone, then where is the line?

I'd like to know if this assessment is flawed and why.

Well said and I agree completely.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Because you know that it won't stop at "responsible policing". It won't be an "inquiry" of a troubled individual.

We say this all the damned time, but name me one time. . . just one single time that we haven't given government an inch and they've taken a mile.

Just name me one time, and I might entertain this.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Are members of armed forces automatically loons in your opinion? I mean some of them killed lots of people in a very short amount of time.. I would hope that you would say no...
After Charlottesville some of the unite the right peeps got together to celebrate what they thought was a good day. Some of their conversation was recorded. They viewed heather heyer as just unfortunate collateral damage in a war they saw themselves fighting in..
How many of these mass shootings were done by people that seem to align themselves with the white separatist, kkk type of groups and ideology. From what I have gathered from all that I have read, they seem to think that after this war our government will be so disconbobulated and dysfunctional they will be able to claim themselves a nice piece of real estate to create their whites only homeland..
So, are they crazy, or are they warriors?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

If they had reason to investigate him, i.e. "credible threats" then charge the guy with making terroristic threats. The absence of that charge, in it's place charges that should not even exist in a nation with 2nd Amendment Rights of possession of high capacity magazines, says that law enforcement used a red herring as an excuse to investigate someone... found nothing credible about the actual terroristic threats, but used the red herring to assist them in enforcing an Unconstitutional law.

That's really the issue here. Making threats is already illegal, but when they fail to charge someone with that you begin to wonder if the claim is BS to begin with and they were simply participating in a profiling exercise.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

How many of these mass shootings were done by people that seem to align themselves with the white separatist, kkk type of groups and ideology.

Nowhere near as many as are aligned with inner city black-on-black spree killing in the inner cities. Should we start bringing people into the stations because they post gangsta rap on their Facebook pages?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Because you know that it won't stop at "responsible policing". It won't be an "inquiry" of a troubled individual.

We say this all the damned time, but name me one time. . . just one single time that we haven't given government an inch and they've taken a mile.

Just name me one time, and I might entertain this.

I can't argue that. The Patriot Act is an example and that's a tough one to debate too. We're all numb now to being monitored online and machines analyzing what we type.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Fair enough.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Well.. Im an idiot, so a stupid response is well within my capabilities. At least usually.

Yes, that was my response to your response. Weve got that part of this communication down!

Can we take your response to my response to your response to mean that is a viewpoint you personally hold? I was kinda thinking it was just a snarky response to someone elses response (I think Im doing this right, please correct me as creatively as possible), but not that you actually were using it as a valid justification..

If an idiot thinks something is silly, does that mean its brilliance is simply so unfathomable it wraps back around again? I think: maybe, probably.

Im sure there is some sort of parable applicable here.. Something about people on train tracks while you, the freethinker, have your hands on the switch lever.

Im told its a "thing," and I believe it, that good intentions can lead to bad things.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Fair enough.

Great!

Now, on the the abortion thing... oh wait, that's thread drift. But, I have to just make a comment about the "woman's right to choose". Whoever came up with that? A woman does not have a right to determine who lives or dies. She has the right to choose to get pregnant or not (in all cases except rape).

So, I'd love to debate this but will save it for another day and thread.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Depends on if those fetal rights to life begin to trump the right of the host of that fetus to the point where her health is severely affected..
But even the. I will be picking up my pen, not guns or bombs, and work to change the laws...
So, I was accused of being a irresponsible nymphomaniac who needed to own up to my bad choices in life on the other thread, are you gonna call out this guy for his bad choices and irresponsible use of free speech? Or are you hypocritical enough to give him a free pass?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I think that numbness, or "normalization," is a real big problem.

Its a game that has been in existence since we started building our civilization: small movements over time add up to BIG changes down the line.

And its never, ever enough, because the goal isnt to actually solve a given problem. Its to placate the plebs, while simultaneously gaining more authority, and ideally, exacerbating the problem at hand but changing how it manifests in society. Under no circumstances should it actually improve things, only give the impression that it should.
edit on 22-8-2019 by Serdgiam because: Squirrels... Squirrels everywhere

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

So, does that mean I can order a few machine guns along with my missile launchers? And tank cant forget my tank.... I need that for protection driving around town with all those crazy drivers!
Oh, I have found my reason to live!!

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

So, I was accused of being a irresponsible nymphomaniac who needed to own up to my bad choices in life on the other thread, are you gonna call out this guy for his bad choices and irresponsible use of free speech? Or are you hypocritical enough to give him a free pass?

Did I accuse of that? If not, then why bring that to the table against me?

Also, has anyone actually figured out what the meme even was here? I'm not calling anyone out until I have a chance to, you know, actually know what they posted or said? Are we so ridiculous now that we're going to advance the doe-eyed belief in our government's honesty and integrity that we'll accept Osama bin Laden is dead levels of trust on matters with ZERO supporting evidence? I have that degree of faith in God... the government? No, not even remotely close to it. If they told me the sky was blue, I'd likely want to check out the window for an ominous red sky.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

So, does that mean I can order a few machine guns along with my missile launchers? And tank cant forget my tank.... I need that for protection driving around town with all those crazy drivers!
Oh, I have found my reason to live!!

If you can pay for it, yeah... I'd allow it.

But you just compared high capacity magazines to missile launchers and tanks.
You're literally proving my "boogeyman fear mongering" claim.

edit on 22-8-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Lol, there been a a few arrests in the past few days similar in nature.. one guy had a missile launcher..
I've joked about my tank for years... I can just imagine all the cars on the road scurrying out of my way instead of trying to broadside me when they want to change lanes..
What can I say, there's a lot of wacky drivers where I live I have to find some way to get rid of the stress and irrigation that I sometimes come home with. Joking about my tank is my way of doing that..

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The actual tank is legal to own (with the big gun rendered inoperable because it's diameter exceeds the federal restrictions on caliber size... a law which was initially put in place as a way to distinguish between "arms" and "destructive devices" AKA "WMDs" Note that while it is legal to own a tank, in any state or municipality I can think of operating one on public roads would be illegal. This isn't just because of a desire to stop people from tooling around in tanks looking to start trouble, either... most roads aren't designed to support a 60 ton hardtrack vehicle like an M1 Abrams... they'd essentially be a giant pavement milling machine, tearing the hell out of the road behind them, collapsing bridges, etc.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I have personally lab-tested titanium as both a strike plate and as a backing behind alumina for body armor applications. I can say very broadly and generally while avoiding any specifics, it is not a great idea.

But the word "titanium" is probably a good marketing gimmick if your small company is selling to the public and people who don't know better.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join