It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested for meme in Connecticut "showing interest in mass shooting"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Text However, the Second Amendment was put there so that a citizenry could fight back against a tyrannical government. If you think about it in those terms, then having a weapon that has essentially the same operating system, uses the same magazines and uses the same round as the military weaponry makes perfect sense logistically.

Yeah but let’s not forget about what dumbass Eric”we have nukes” Swalwell said.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
a reply to: Lumenari

Text However, the Second Amendment was put there so that a citizenry could fight back against a tyrannical government. If you think about it in those terms, then having a weapon that has essentially the same operating system, uses the same magazines and uses the same round as the military weaponry makes perfect sense logistically.

Yeah but let’s not forget about what dumbass Eric”we have nukes” Swalwell said.

He may have forgotten the people that actually have to hit the switches that might have a slightly different opinion.

The Oath says "against all enemies, foreign and domestic" after all...

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

In the article it states that he did not make direct comments but had shared memes.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
When people display to the public that they are having thoughts of killing others.... They do not belong in the public.
They need professional help and perhaps professional correction. We just do not care anymore, and react only when it is too late.

That is one of the things that president Trump is correct about... we need many more severe mental health rehabilitation facilities, yesterday... and an effective and consistent criteria for evaluating people who display these severe warning signs.
edit on 21-8-2019 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Good!

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This just makes me pissy!
So NOW its illegal to post something That someone Else finds Scary!
And They took his Camo?? Why would Camouflage be an issue?
Way too far on Assuming!
This Needs to Stop Now!

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

With the Red Flag talk going on, looks like this is a test case. Being America it is going to be way over the top with every little thing blown way out of proportion.

Being a student at a school, the Principle or Head of School should be the first one asking 'whats up with this?' before the police are called. It won't always work like this though.

Hopefully a realistic and responsible set of procedures can be developed to address the mental illness behind random shooter events before it is too late. I am sure the legal system will go through whats there and work something out. With all the social media around something like this, handle with care.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FreeFalling
This just makes me pissy!
So NOW its illegal to post something That someone Else finds Scary!
And They took his Camo?? Why would Camouflage be an issue?
Way too far on Assuming!
This Needs to Stop Now!

I haven't seen the memes but it's the modern version of yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. Unless there really is a fire, doing that will probably get you arrested. Same with yelling "bomb" while at the airport. It's just a stupid thing to do and the person probably has some mental issues.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Who reported him? Was it someone that observed him acting erratically and knew of his stockpile? Was he a credible threat?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   

The article posted says he was trying to buy high capacity magazines out of state.

Nine states and the District of Columbia have enacted laws banning large capacity ammunition magazines: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, and Vermont.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Who reported him? Was it someone that observed him acting erratically and knew of his stockpile? Was he a credible threat?

For Christ's sake it's right in the OP article 😎🥥

(from OP Link)...

FBI investigators say the Norwalk Police Department received a tip about Wagshol's activity from a concerned citizen. The joint investigation began after the FBI received a tip that Wagshol was trying to buy high capacity magazines from out of state.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No need to use the Lord's name in vein or are you one of them godless communists? The FBI got the tip and found the man to be a credible threat. Isn't that what we as citizens are supposed to do? See something say something? Or is that only if it's a Muslim?
edit on 22-8-2019 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Opposing every move to even begin to stop the maddness of mass shootings is madness as well.

There was no mass shooting though, this is presuming guilt.

After school shooting: "If the FBI had warning signs, why didn't they do something about it!!! I call a false flag!"

Before school shooting: "Welcome to red flag laws."

No one can win, it seems... too busy losing capture the flag.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Being facebook it could have been any rtard.. glad I ditched that hell hole. Place is full of idiots, which is actually a good place to keep them all.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

But you don't get arrested just because of Facebook, the FBI did some investigating and found this man to be a credible threat. Now if this man didn't pose a reasonably credible threat then I would voice cause for concern. The article mentions several points that show this guy might have been capable of doing some harm. If the FBI had tips and in some instances they did and acted on them they could have stopped several of the recent mass shooters.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: kwakakev
In the article it states that he did not make direct comments but had shared memes.

while i heavily disagree that just for sharing a meme you can be arrested. it could very well point out that someone might be thinking of doing something, just as easily as that they are not thinking of doing so.

i don't know how many members are still active from years ago. when one of the very first highly publicised mass shootings took place. it was a really big thing at the time on ATS, because the shooter was a member that many people knew on the site. and after all the digging around the internet by members, it was shown that said shooter had even made little gifs of a mass shooting situation. and was just one more part of the many things he had posed here as well as on other sites that when all put together in one place, at one time, showed that there was a problem. even though at the time of posting those things, especially since they were not all in one place no one really saw anything nefarious in his postings.

so posting something like that might be reason to do a bit of investigation in to other posts and the person, it is not anywhere good enough to arrest or even question someone over. unless of course through an investigation there is shown to be just one in a long line of suspicious postings, activities or comments that might be taken as a possible danger.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik
while i heavily disagree that just for sharing a meme you can be arrested.

The meme was just the alert. When they found he had a boatload of weapons and ammo, that's when they took him in. Seems fair to me. Give him a court date and maybe a psych evaluation.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

Opposing every move to even begin to stop the maddness of mass shootings is madness as well.

After school shooting: "If the FBI had warning signs, why didn't they do something about it!!! I call a false flag!"

Before school shooting: "Welcome to red flag laws."

No one can win, it seems... too busy losing capture the flag.

It's thought crime.

Pre crime.

In theory, anyone at any time can potentially snap. Therefore, everyone is potentially guilty of crime.

The only way to avoid that is to never say, do, or post anything that someone may find offensive.

Free expression? Gone.

1st Amendment? Gone.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Would you rather wait until people are dead and then say 'I knew there was something odd going on'?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alchemst7
My daughter called me today (she lives in Wyoming) and was disturbed about a threat she had from a coworker. The coworker made a loud comment that she hated everyone that works at my daughters work and that she wanted to shoot everyone. 2 days after this had happened, she learned from another coworker that the employee had recently purchased a gun (not sure what type). When my daughter heard this she immediately reported it to the HR department, the police came and the employee was fired. Not sure what has happened since but my daughter is now scared about going back to work and still nothing mention of it in the news!!

The difference with your daughter's situation and apparently with this guy in Connecticut is that this co-worker made a threat and backed it up by purchasing a weapon. That is certainly something that can't be ignored and is truly a real threat, not just an implied one. No thought police involved in that scenario, the person outright stated their intentions in front of actual witnesses and left no reasonable doubt about what they wanted to do.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join