It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested for meme in Connecticut "showing interest in mass shooting"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Connecticut News 12

Police say Wagshol made an alarming Facebook post where he showed interest in committing a mass shooting.

"What I understand is that he didn't make any comments on Facebook, but there may have been other memes, as they call them, that he might have reposted," says Crosland.

The longer this article goes on the more you realize that we are in a new world. Law enforcement tossed the constitution out the window and put a man behind bars for the sharing of a meme.

This is an unbelievably egregious affront to all free Americans.

I want to make it clear that the charges are possession of high capacity magazines. But that is not what got LEOs attention. Someone anonymously reported some meme he shared and that's what got the ball rolling.
edit on 8 21 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Connecticut News 12

Police say Wagshol made an alarming Facebook post where he showed interest in committing a mass shooting.

"What I understand is that he didn't make any comments on Facebook, but there may have been other memes, as they call them, that he might have reposted," says Crosland.

The longer this article goes on the more you realize that we are in a new world. Law enforcement tossed the constitution out the window and put a man behind bars for the sharing of a meme.

How very......european.......

Don't worry, the pendulum has crested and is about to swing back(for us in the US atleast) toward the direction of freedom and core american idealism.

Going to be rough though in the meantime.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Well, he was arrested for illegal possession of high capacity magazines (BS law, in my opinion). I don't know why he needed the titanium plated body armor for target practice, but it's not illegal to have.

I'm not sure what the sentence is for high capacity magazines, but I'm glad my state doesn't have that law.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Well, he was arrested for illegal possession of high capacity magazines (BS law, in my opinion). I don't know why he needed the titanium plated body armor for target practice, but it's not illegal to have.

I'm not sure what the sentence is for high capacity magazines, but I'm glad my state doesn't have that law.

"Titanium plated body armor" sounds like media BS to me.

Maybe it's a thing, but I know of no such thing.

You have steel body armor(of various "AR" ratings) and then ceramics. But like you said, non of it is normally illegal. But using a buzzword like titanium might scare all the normies.

Maybe I'm wrong though, when it comes to metal body armor, thickness is the key not "exotic metals".

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

"Titanium plated body armor" sounds like media BS to me.

Maybe it's a thing, but I know of no such thing.

You have steel body armor(of various "AR" ratings) and then ceramics. But like you said, non of it is normally illegal. But using a buzzword like titanium might scare all the normies.

Maybe I'm wrong though, when it comes to metal body armor, thickness is the key not "exotic metals".

I agree with you completely. That's just what the article stated.

ETA: They even listed "camouflage shirt" as if that's at all uncommon.
edit on 21-8-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Without access to all he was posting it is hard to determine just what he was thinking. Given the epidemic of mass shootings in America it is good to see some attention given to potential risks before its too late. Past cases of mass shootings have had warning signs that where ignored to the detriment of all involved.

I am not into being charged for precrimes (before it happens) or though police locking up peoples minds. I am for defusing a potential dangerous situation before it starts and giving people the support and access to help improve their lives.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
My daughter called me today (she lives in Wyoming) and was disturbed about a threat she had from a coworker. The coworker made a loud comment that she hated everyone that works at my daughters work and that she wanted to shoot everyone. 2 days after this had happened, she learned from another coworker that the employee had recently purchased a gun (not sure what type). When my daughter heard this she immediately reported it to the HR department, the police came and the employee was fired. Not sure what has happened since but my daughter is now scared about going back to work and still nothing mention of it in the news!!

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alchemst7
My daughter called me today (she lives in Wyoming) and was disturbed about a threat she had from a coworker. The coworker made a loud comment that she hated everyone that works at my daughters work and that she wanted to shoot everyone. 2 days after this had happened, she learned from another coworker that the employee had recently purchased a gun (not sure what type). When my daughter heard this she immediately reported it to the HR department, the police came and the employee was fired. Not sure what has happened since but my daughter is now scared about going back to work and still nothing mention of it in the news!!

Workplace shootings are common(more common than random mass shootings). I hope the company takes notice and starts to implement better security measures(locking all exterior access doors during work hours, etc). I'd also recommend, if she were my daughter, to plan an exit strategy and maybe think about carrying something if she feels comfortable with that.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Alchemst7

- Twist to the story. She was a victim of domestic abuse, and purchased a gun to protect herself. Her anger at coworkers was just a projection of her pain and suffering.

Yeah, I made that up, but that's why we shouldn't have thought police.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Looks like the police force just may have prevented another school shooting
If one reads the entire article
In context

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

That's the sad thing about the leftist voters not understanding the Second Amendment.

High capacity magazines, body armor, "assault weapons" need to be banned... etc.

Now, if you think that the Second Amendment is about hunting or something, then it is no wonder you are confused.

However, the Second Amendment was put there so that a citizenry could fight back against a tyrannical government.

If you think about it in those terms, then having a weapon that has essentially the same operating system, uses the same magazines and uses the same round as the military weaponry makes perfect sense logistically.

Something we're not supposed to point out, I suppose.

To the OP... let pre-crime meme wars begin!!!

edit on 21-8-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

How very......european.......

Don't worry, the pendulum has crested and is about to swing back(for us in the US atleast) toward the direction of freedom and core american idealism.

Going to be rough though in the meantime.

I disagree. They're only now just fine-tuning and perfecting their algorithms. Unless people snap the hell out of it over night our way of life will be gone and you will never see it again in your lifetime -- or any future generation for that matter.

Study intently what is transpiring in China right now. Totalitarian technology is already here and it isn't going anywhere. This is the world now.

A good resource for further reading on this sort of thing is Yuval Noah Harari.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alchemst7

Workplace shootings are common(more common than random mass shootings). I hope the company takes notice and starts to implement better security measures(locking all exterior access doors during work hours, etc). I'd also recommend, if she were my daughter, to plan an exit strategy and maybe think about carrying something if she feels comfortable with that.

That is exactly what I had recommended to her! To be more aware of her surroundings at work and to plan a exit strategy if something like this happens. She works at a hotel near Yellowstone National Park and the hotel has to stay open 24/7 for guests arriving. The carrying part, she's not so comfortable with.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It's a slippery slope, cant hold, anybody, too long and it's possible that it will set the wrong person off, not mention netting loads of people that were likely not a threat anyway.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Welcome to red flag laws!

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
It's a slippery slope, cant hold, anybody, too long and it's possible that it will set the wrong person off, not mention netting loads of people that were likely not a threat anyway.

It's like thinking that drunk drivers kill sober drivers, so the logical thing to do is make sure that sober drivers get their license taken away so they can't drive.

Thus saving the lives of a lot of sober drivers.

A Back-asswads way of thinking, to be sure.

Sadly, I think we are going to see a lot more of it.

On the ironic side, wait till they come for the liberals and there is nobody left to help them anymore.

edit on 21-8-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

A young man gets a "red flag" waved at him because of him reposting several memes that were of poor taste. He then gets arrested for owning four illegal large capacity magazines, which makes law enforcement conclude he was a threat and interested in becoming a mass shooter. They don't care if he has a valid explanation, he's guilty until he's proven innocent.

Meanwhile, Congresswomen Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar, can post antisemitic cartoons and utter offensive jabs at Jews, yet they don't even get their hands slapped....even though their cancelled trip to Jerusalem and the West Bank was planned by Mitah, a pro terrorist group. And lets not forget Tlaib posing with Hezbollah supporter, Abbas Hamideh back in January.

Why aren't "red flags" being waved for these two Congresswomen? Couldn't these two be linked to terrorism by the company they keep? Why aren't they considered threats, especially with them both being in positions of power? Why is it this young man's civil liberties were infringed upon and not these two women? Do people in power get a pass?
edit on 8/21/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Opposing every move to even begin to stop the maddness of mass shootings is madness as well.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Opposing every move to even begin to stop the maddness of mass shootings is madness as well.

There was no mass shooting though, this is presuming guilt.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Connecticut News 12

I want to make it clear that the charges are possession of high capacity magazines. But that is not what got LEOs attention. Someone anonymously reported some meme he shared and that's what got the ball rolling.

Here comes the war on memes because

1. Memes are an effective simple but powerful form of communication .

2. The left can't meme. Not due to lack of artistic abilities, but rather because memes expose stupid thoughts rather effectively .

edit on 51831America/ChicagoWed, 21 Aug 2019 22:51:30 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join