It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new ATS Superhero (to be named later)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well, denying ignorance is all good but we need a Super Hero that reflects the real ATS poster.

Tada..!! FANTASIA

DENY FANTASY, FACE REALITY!

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I really hope this idea doesnt go through as I think it would take away much cred. from ATS. The idea of a mascot sounds too commercial. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Perhaps there's commercial cred, and street cred, and Mr Incredible cred too. It will be a powerful tool to draw certain kinds of people to take an interest in what goes on at ATS...

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think the original symbol like the one at the top of the page is great. The one with the magnifying glass. Magnifying glass says take a closer look... its inviting.

There shouldnt be a mascot. A mascot sends a different idea. I dont think the buff guy is the right image for this website. Does anyone else agree?

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I would say this. It is good for the other side of the analysis to come out.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I would say this. It is good for the other side of the analysis to come out.

You want my honest opinion MA?

Its a dumb idea to say the least. The ad idea on ebay was better as it was giving all proceeds to charity. But that also was another gimmick.

ATS is not disney, although it might be sometimes for the comical value. Only when ATS becomes a huge concern as it has outlasted alot of conspiracy sites and continues to grow it might be worth thinking about, but i wouldn't waste too many braincells on the idea. I would try to think of something that might appeal more to the conspiracy nuts who visit this site, you can find them once you wade through the rest. Hrmm i think you still can....

I'm not knocking ATS for what it is and what the staff/owners/members have done and continue to do to the site, but lets keep it real.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I second TRD's opinion. in time's of immense growth, we should all step outside the box and take a good hard look inward. That way can steer our course appropriately.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This character will always be Skeptic Overlord, especially to us whom he has swatted down a few times. Maybe giving him a rank is not a bad idea.

How about General Skeptic.

Naw!

Skeptic Overlord is best.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Seriously though, I'd change the guy around a little more, in order to take someone else's art, you have to change it at least 30%, and with you guys selling ad space copyright infringement with this character may be of some concern to ATS.

It's pretty close man, I'd hate ats to get in trouble, but Pixar doesn't play around.

[edit on 12-3-2005 by twitchy]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Inquiring as to prior skepticism about any mascot logo (not constructive criticism about the proposed), why?

Because it "sends the wrong message" or just any message is wrong?

An icon (an image or representation) doesn't have to make sense, just represent... then ultimately it means what it represents, not the other way around.

And they can change over time, or disappear altogether once purpose served.

NBC Peacock

It's hard to make a long term mistake in ground up icon creation, unless an existing user base hates the icon altogether, which the overwhelming majority here clearly don't. "Skeptic Overlord" is your friend.

But I'm just saying... I have no idea where any of this is at actually.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Inquiring as to prior skepticism about any mascot logo (not constructive criticism about the proposed), why?

Because it "sends the wrong message" or just any message is wrong?

An icon (an image or representation) doesn't have to make sense, just represent... then ultimately it means what it represents, not the other way around.

And they can change over time, or disappear altogether once purpose served.

It's hard to make a long term mistake in ground up icon creation, unless an existing user base hates the icon altogether, which the overwhelming majority here clearly don't. "Skeptic Overlord" is your friend.

But I'm just saying... I have no idea where any of this is at actually.

Those icons you listed above are unique to those particular companies. They were created for them and only for them. Just like the Above Top Secret icon with the magnifying glass. It is unique to this site.

However, our proposed icon is not unique to this site. It is a children’s cartoon character. I just feel that our site is unique and important. It’s important enough for us come up with our own idea...like the original icon. What is wrong with that one anyways? Owell...this site rocks and whatever decision they make will be for the best.

Ok...Im ready

[edit on 12-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon
Ok...Im ready

No worries, I asked for a reason. So you just like the magnifying glass better for ads. Or rather have legal concerns or something over ads with a superhero. Pretty much a universally iconic free for all image unto itself. Eh, I don't share that concern, but I can understand it better now.

PS - speaking of child's cartoon character see MONSTER. An employment site for adults. And they didn't invent "monsters" to use it.

[edit on 12-3-2005 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Can I be your sidekick??? Atomix-boy!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Or rather have legal concerns or something over ads with a superhero.

I didn't even think of this. Dang...I can see someone getting mad about that especially the way everyone is lawsuit happy.

PS - speaking of child's cartoon character see MONSTER. An employment site for adults. And they didn't invent "monsters" to use it.

[edit on 12-3-2005 by RANT]

Yes, I agree... I was thinking that when I posted.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Hat needs to be 'flat' texture, like felt.

Sidekick- a big chested doberman with fangs.

where'd ya get those thighs- wow

good pics

(firefox, Mozilla, Netscape and IE all work for me- must be a setting for you others that can't see. Could be a little subliminal message?)

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Miss Overlord?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Hubba hubba

that is awesome

to THIS mascot

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Very nice pic.

I know there are other nice pics too!