It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs executive action to remove student loan debt for all disabled veterans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You completely missed my point.

Those who signed up volunteeringly gave up their life to ensure people can continue to live the consumer life style.

Consumerism has a cost far greater then people think. You seem rather hostile towards me just because. Nice discussion tactic.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

You completely missed my point.

Those who signed up volunteeringly gave up their life to ensure people can continue to live the consumer life style.

Consumerism has a cost far greater then people think. You seem rather hostile towards me just because. Nice discussion tactic.

I'm a combat vet.

Please tell me again that I signed up so that you can have a cellphone.

And please back that up with links.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

To Each His Own , and the Rest goes to the Less Fortunate . A Christian Charity Mindset , America USED to Embrace that . Today ? Dog Eat Dog .......................(

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

In All Sincerity , I Personally Thank You for Preserving , Protecting , and Defending the United States Of America Lumenari . None of Us would Still Exist in America Today without the Cooperation of ALL Our " Citizens " when it Comes To Facing " Head On " , a National Crisis . WWG1 WGA is just NOT an Idea , but a 239 Year Old " IDEAL " to Aspire to Preserve Our Freedoms . To MOST of US , America Still Lives , and that will not Change Unless Certain Circumstances are Met ,.,,,,,,,,,,)

edit on 21-8-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: Lumenari

Nope. Its literal, to the person I was replying to.

Did you miss the part where I recognize where my stuff come from? And where I said does it matter what the cost of forgiving student debts to vets is a bad thing?

I think you went on a little bit of a guilt trip there...

I work in the oil industry and understand what a renewable resource means. No guilt trip there at all.

As far as your military whine, I personally think that the USA should conscript anyone able at the age of 18 for a 2 year tour. Those too stupid or too weak should be given 2 years of community service.

That way when they start whining about their country they can at least be able to do it with the background of having given something back to it.

And BTW... thank you THANK YOU Canada for Trudeau.

His policies have allowed me to buy Nat Gas equipment at pennies on the dollar to make clean energy here in the US by essentially banning it in Canada.

Yeah Oil ......When the Sun don't SHINE ............)

I've talked to engineers out here in the Bakken in ND that have proven that oil is merely the waste product of available hydrocarbons and a bacteria.

When the Bakken first fired up, they estimated that we could produce 1 million barrels a day and it would last about 200 years at that production rate.

Years later, they are looking at the data and have found that if we now produce 2 million barrels a day then we are going to be OK for about 600 years... more than enough time to produce the technology to go full solar.

Oil is not only energy independence for America, it is a way to make a ton of money to finance the R&D available to get off of it.

Let what we have work, let it phase out and let's get to the next newer better thing.

Don't just ban it because of some "global warming" ignorance and slit our own throats in the process.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Please tell, why did you sign up?

My father became a officer in the military. Not because he wanted to be a war hero, or a defense pawn for Norad, he did it because he wanted to defend Canadians, and its allies.

At the end of the day, can you deny that those who sign up are doing it for the personal gain? Or the greater good, would you have gone over seas if you knew the fight was to stabilize oil fields and ensure arms deals to americas allies? War is funny, most of the time the people who fight have no idea what they are fighting for.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Please tell, why did you sign up?

My father became a officer in the military. Not because he wanted to be a war hero, or a defense pawn for Norad, he did it because he wanted to defend Canadians, and its allies.

At the end of the day, can you deny that those who sign up are doing it for the personal gain? Or the greater good, would you have gone over seas if you knew the fight was to stabilize oil fields and ensure arms deals to americas allies? War is funny, most of the time the people who fight have no idea what they are fighting for.

Your perception of history is the left's revisionist one, so I can understand why you feel the way you do.

It's a false perception, however.

Perhaps if you had the balls to have served your country you would have a different outlook on it.

You know, from actually being there instead of reading about what CNN thinks about it.

Your father must be proud....

edit on 21-8-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Yup. Cnn. That's it.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is not about the GI Bill and access. It is about wounded veterans who cannot pay back their student loans.

Furthermore, this is an 'existing' item that they can currently apply for but it is cumbersome and inefficient. So he took matters into his own hands.

As far as how to pay, they are defaulted loans that would not be paid back anyways. So instead of worrying about a check garnishment or becoming homeless it is one less thing for them to worry about.

125 billion a year for illegal immigration but we cannot help our vets? C'mon now....
edit on Augpm31pmf0000002019-08-21T20:41:02-05:000802 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

It " Has " been Said that ............, , " Global Warming " , AKA " Climate Change " , AKA.....Whatever !......etc . , has Also Been Widely Attributed to the Present Earth's Alleged Calculated Release of Abnormal Amounts of Co2 being Released Into Our Atmosphere Supposedly due to By Products of Human Industrialization of the Resources on this Earth , and that such Gases Somehow Directly Effect The "" Mean " Surface Temperature of the Earth , but it Also Happens to be a Condition by the Way , of Favorably Supporting Plant Growth On the Entire Surface of Our EARTH for the Benefit of All Mankind . I am Obviously to Some merely a " Mad Man " Ranting Online about even Thinking of that , but i Believe WHAT " i " Freakin ' Believe Anyway ..........

Rising Sea Levels You Say ? Poppycock ! ...........)

Oh , and Tes , I did have a Few Brews Tonight .My Baaaaaaaad.........
edit on 21-8-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This is a good thing.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

This was a good move by him.

Someone is helping the vets, finally!

Also takes some of the wind out of the sails for the dems running on forgiving debt.

As I'm typing this I realize it's also going to work in the dems favor.

Be harder to argue with them that forgiving debt is something we just can't do.
Trump is showing us that forgiving student debt can be a good thing for society.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep
Well, Trump has certainly had his debts forgiven..many times.

Anyway, he did something positive today.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
If a vet is COMPLETELY AND PERMANENTLY disabled, I don't have an issue with their student loans being forgiven.

I think people who serve (particularly in war zones) should be afforded some benefits that us civilians aren't going to get. Those wounded even more so.

This^^

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I just learned that Trumpy didn't do anything new:

Why Obama is forgiving the student loans of nearly 400,000 people

Published: Apr 19, 2016

Demented Donald just wants some nice retweets.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
I just learned that Trumpy didn't do anything new:

Why Obama is forgiving the student loans of nearly 400,000 people

Published: Apr 19, 2016

Demented Donald just wants some nice retweets.

Obama wasn't "necessarily" helping Vets with disability.

There's more than one kind of: "Vet's disability"

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You didn't read the article, right?
Because Obama surely didn't "initiate" the helping, as it was running for years before, but he made it much more visible and ordered that the vets got a letter sent to them pointing out the possibilites which were previously much more hidden to the layman regarding this.

And yes, I consider this "helping".

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

You didn't read enough to understand the difference 😎🥳

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
And their kids? I can only hope ...lol

you have just hit on another issue that needs to be fixed. parents should have nothing at all to do with their children's higher education on the financial end. neither expected to pay for, nor looked at financially to base things like loans, grants and such on. everything should be based upon the individual student themselves. too many people are left to rot without an education just based upon their parent's earnings, making them not qualify for many financial aid programs. like one person i know who was unable to get the financial help to attend collage they needed because "their parents earned too much income", yet the fact being the person's family was on the brink of financial ruin, and just shy of bankruptcy, due to past poor decisions that had made in the parent's youth and years later were still paying for. heck these days it easily could be trying to pay off THEIR student loans that makes them unable to help with the cost of their kid's education.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Another classy move....

And people forget that he donates his paycheck as well.

Not like Democrats who have become billionaires from playing in the political arena.

They should be spending tax money on citizens, not themselves and who they feel are uncivilized

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join