It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute nightmare on Amusement park ride

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
www.mypanhandle.com...

How absolutely freaking terrifying is this????!!!

The Vertical Accelerator ride at Cobra Adventure Park on Front Beach Road, broke while two passengers were strapped in and about to ride it.

I don't even like watching this! I hate this ride and this is exactly what I suspected would happen, only in my
imagination it would happen while in air and the cage would slam back down to earth.

I worked in an amusement type of situation. I was on a harness with a backup harness. It seemed perfectly safe. I was 30-40 ft up and would swing down. A very fun job for a young person.
One day the original harness just broke. I was very high up in the air, I can't even imagine what would happen if I didn't have that second one. That is why I would never bungee jump.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The fraying on the cord would have been my hint to not bother. I'm a little leery of rides like this for the cord integrity alone, but that's the most frayed-looking one I've ever seen. Even ones I've seen at carnivals/fairs were in much better shape o.O

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I don't get on those rides they bring in to state fairs, etc. I just don't trust the maintenance on them.

The thing is that anything can fail at some point. Planes will fall out the sky. A roller coaster or amusement ride will fail too.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

To put it into perspective?

It comes with the territory of being "Thrilled". Snip happens and when it comes to mechanical devices things wear out. Sometimes they can be spotted before hand, sometimes they just POP.

Live life in a bubble or just LIVE LIFE...

As to the video, these people paid for a "controlled thrill". They found out it wasn't as controlled as they thought, thus they got pissed off. Was the thrill they got from the prank not the ulitimate thrill and for free? lmao

edit on 21-8-2019 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

It comes with the territory of being "Thrilled". Snip happens and when it comes to mechanical devices things wear out. Sometimes they can be spotted before hand, sometimes they just POP.

As to the video, these people paid for a "controlled thrill". They found out it wasn't as controlled as they thought, thus they got pissed off. Was the thrill they got from the prank not the ulitimate thrill and for free? lmao

I was on a small twin prop 10 seat airplane last week. Pilot took off and immediately swung around and landed.... Apparently one of the engines was not "performing". As we were coming back around we could see the fire trucks coming out to run way....

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I was on a small twin prop 10 seat airplane last week. Pilot took off and immediately swung around and landed.... Apparently one of the engines was not "performing". As we were coming back around we could see the fire trucks coming out to run way....

Tell us the truth, did you crap your pants?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
The fraying on the cord would have been my hint to not bother. I'm a little leery of rides like this for the cord integrity alone, but that's the most frayed-looking one I've ever seen. Even ones I've seen at carnivals/fairs were in much better shape o.O

It was fascinating to watch how that thing literally shredded into a thousand bands

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Tell us the truth, did you crap your pants?

To be honest, we didn't even know what was going on....

The guy literally took off and then after maybe 2 minutes in the air circled back and landed. This was at Logan Airport in Boston. Small Cape Air twin prop plane going to Martha's Vineyard.

We could clearly see we were turning around and then going to land. Pilot never said a word. This plane is so small that you can see EVERYTHING. In fact, a passenger was in the co-pilot seat.

As we are landing, I can see the fire trucks coming out of their garage with lights flashing. I figured the flight tower told him to turn around as maybe there was an emergency happening since he literally just took off given the fire trucks.

We land with no issues and go back to the gate. As we pull up to the gate, the pilot opens his side window (remember, this plane isn't much bigger than mini-van) and a fireman comes up and is like "We got a call about engine failure!"

The pilot laughs and says "No, I told the tower that the engine was not performing... not that it failed"

All the passengers in the plane are like WTF?!

We get off the plane and then board a different plane like an hour later.

I've flown a lot in my life, so not really scared of flying but it did hit home the realities of a plane falling out the sky. Flying on a little prop plane is nothing like being on the big commercial jets where you feel kind of insulated from everything.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Dang that was unexpected. I went on that ride while at Sturgis, it’s insane. You can see nothing but sky once you past a certain point and you’re still going up, quickly I might add.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

That’s just brutally mean.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Was there a video? I didn't see one.

I'm just waiting for one of the 'slingshot' rides to break and launch a couple people over the horizon.

"Welp, I guess Billy and Sis have...left the county!!"

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Was there a video? I didn't see one.

I'm just waiting for one of the 'slingshot' rides to break and launch a couple people over the horizon.

"Welp, I guess Billy and Sis have...left the county!!"

Yes the video is amazing, nobody got hurt, thank goodness!

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I agree 👍 when it's carnival week part of the excitement for me is wondering did the travelling workers tighten every bolt, or change that old part, every time I ride on their machines. That is the excitement for me, the safest certified ride in the world would be fun not scary 🎢

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Its scary to think my kids got on one of those once.
I could ride one If it payed good, otherwise I'm not getting on one.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I am a coaster freak. I will ride any roller coaster you point me at. Loops and dives and vertical drops are nothing to me.
I will never bungee jump or ride in something that makes me the stone in the sling shot.
That is crazy.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I am leary about carnival rides. I go to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg when I want to ride rides.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

He could have given that overweight man a heart attack the a hole!

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Years ago we were landing in Orlando when we came very close to another plane. It was my husbands first plane ride and he was watching out the window and says wow how close they get to the other planes. I was wide eyed because I did not think that was normal and I've been riding in planes since I was a small child.
That night on the news we saw a report of a near miss over Orlando.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

They threw the guy out of the park but he should have gone home with a black eye.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Look for us in our NEW location !

top topics

join