It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think Trump is taking this Israel thing a bit too far

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
He's taking it too far?

Go read twitter hashtags accusing him of being the second coming of Hitler.

I've always thought equating Trump to Hitler lightens how evil Hitler really was. I think throwing around the term Nazi helps it lose some of it's meaning, which we should never do as we being to false equivocate and actually open the door for it in the future. But calling a president Hitler happens every time.

And I still think this was just a bad move on Trump... I don't think it's impeachable, I don't think it will have an adverse reaction on the country, but I do think he's shooting himself in the foot. Whatever happens, I want there to be robust competition come 2020. I don't want someone getting a shoe in because of a circus... That's how we can land ourselves with a really bad president.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

He has surpassed Hitler.

wow
the ignorance in that line is stunning
it is as if you have no idea what hitler actually did

perhaps you do not.......

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: CriticalStinker

For all the histrionics over "right-wing terrorism" I feel that there is a legitimate and growing emergence of anti-Semitism.

You may disagree with my assessment, but I think Trump is doing the smart thing by openly talking about it.

By painting the bullseyes on their backs?? Nothing good comes of marking the targets for the anti-Semitic folks, all that is is Pavlov's Dinner Bell on Steroids.

the anti-Semites have always existed, but certain political figures have recently emboldened them.

And being accusatory doesn't do the same?

You don't create anti-Semites by pointing out their anti-Semitism.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I guess since the Dalai Lama died, China needs a new "Chosen One". Trump thinks he's the one.
LOL

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You are joking right? According to the FBI...

A breakdown of the offenses shows that 60% of religious hate crimes were anti-Jewish, 17% were anti-Islamic and 5% were anti-Catholic. Anti-Semitic hate crimes increased 37% while anti-Islamic crimes declined by 11%.

6 times more likely to be attacked for your religion as a Jew when all I hear in the media is that Anti-Islamic crime is up. A lot of people hate Jewish folk.

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: YouSir

I hope you're right about the president joking on this matter.

At the end of the day though, I think he could be a more effective president if he dialed back the tweeting and baiting

Why...?

It's like today...when he looked at the sky and raised his hands and stated that he was the one chosen...

It was actually quite funny...the reactions to his playing with these small minds are even more hilarious...

Their righteous indignation...illustrates perfectly the hypocritical posturing for what it is...

Watching these Elitists continually foam at the mouths is high entertainment...learn to laugh...

YouSir

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You create anti-Semites by demonizing American Jews, like Trump did and keeps doing today.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

You create anti-Semites by demonizing American Jews, like Trump did and keeps doing today.

No

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

No

That's not how it works.

Your post really makes no sense.
edit on 21-8-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

For all the histrionics over "right-wing terrorism" I feel that there is a legitimate and growing emergence of anti-Semitism.

You may disagree with my assessment, but I think Trump is doing the smart thing by openly talking about it.

By painting the bullseyes on their backs?? Nothing good comes of marking the targets for the anti-Semitic folks, all that is is Pavlov's Dinner Bell on Steroids.

the anti-Semites have always existed, but certain political figures have recently emboldened them.

And being accusatory doesn't do the same?

Between saying Jews who don't vote R are disloyal, and then following that up with a fawning prostration retweet of groveling to Israel, that isn't pointing out anti-Semitism. It's bolstering anti-Semites' reasons for being anti-Semites.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

This thread was about Trump's Tweets. Trump's Tweets were about Israel. There's a lot of hatred recently towards Israel.

I don't think there is a lot of hatred towards Israel. I'd say 2 or 3 congress women hate Israel, other than that our government is proportionately more aligned with Israel than any other country with the exception of maybe the UK. I think often times people get confused with citizens questioning the terms of our relationship with Israel as hating Israel.

Either way, as I said, I don't think this tweet benefits whatever poor sentiment there is about Israel.

I disagree.

Anyone with a drop of common sense can differentiate between disagreeing with policy and wanting the state of Israel gone.

How many actually want Israel gone though? If I had to guess, and this is a guess, 90% of people who are critical of Israel are more so critical of the nature of the relationship we have with them.

I'm one of the people critical of that relationship, and aside from disagreeing with some of Israel's foreign policy, it is the bastion of democracy in the region. It's a country of refuge for a people who endured one of the biggest crimes against humanity in modern history. I certainly think they should be a country, but I don't think that we should allow our elected officials to forge political relationships with like minded leaders there.

For instance, Trump did Bibi a favor a few days before the election. This may have helped him just a hair, and while it may not be the biggest deal ever, it is in some ways interfering in democracy. We could argue if the outcome was favorable, but what if the opposing political faction there holds a grudge and does something similar to our elections in the future? And I will be there to say we can't cry foul, because I try to be consistent. That is just an example, but there is a lot of nuance to the situation. It isn't people who hate Israel vs people who stand by Israel no matter what.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I hope people don't forget that there are 100,000s of Americans living in Israel with duel citizenship along with 100,000s of Jewish Americans here at home with direct ties to Israel too to include the whole Judeo-Christian connection. Israel is not just some other country, people...

edit on 21-8-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

You are joking right? According to the FBI...

A breakdown of the offenses shows that 60% of religious hate crimes were anti-Jewish, 17% were anti-Islamic and 5% were anti-Catholic. Anti-Semitic hate crimes increased 37% while anti-Islamic crimes declined by 11%.

6 times more likely to be attacked for your religion as a Jew when all I hear in the media is that Anti-Islamic crime is up. A lot of people hate Jewish folk.

And as I said, I'm all for combating anti-Semitism or any other violence aimed at someone just because of what they believe. But I stand by my point that I don't think it's as prominent as many say right now. Hate crimes may be up in a measurable way... But I don't think there are a lot of hate crimes proportionate to the population as it is.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You're taking my comment out of context. let me clarify. Trump has surpassed his Hitler tropes on Twitter and is now being called the Anti-Christ. The Anti-Christ (mythologically speaking) is a badder dude than Hitler ever was, according to prophecy.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
whatever you need to do to compare him to hitler?
nice try....
quite disgusting either way

nasty

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Yes, that is how it works. Anti-Semites are created when Jews are demonized. That's exactly how it works.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

A black Hitler is just stupid, but Obama would make a great anti-Christ...well since Christ was black too.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
whatever you need to do to compare him to hitler?
nice try....
quite disgusting either way

nasty

You very clearly missed the joke everyone else understood. It's ok to be a big boy & admit it went over your head a moment.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm not comparing Trump to Hitler, some other poster brought up how Twitters compare him to Hitler.

Me? I'm comparing Trump to the Anti-Christ.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
sorry
I don't find hitler jokes funny.
Especially when the joker has to "clarify" them.

thanks tho

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join