It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think Trump is taking this Israel thing a bit too far

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Has there ever even been a politician who is more boastful than Trump?

Sorry, but Obama is the most boastful president I think ever...Who else refers to himself 453 times in a 5 minute speech...

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Popes. Are Popes politicians?

They aren't supposed to be.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I remember this thread. My point is that he completed another task no one else could do. In affect that is really all he is doing. His campaign promises, many of them, were already on the book he is just enforcing them.

Travel Ban - already been done but he is islamaphobic
The Wall - already funded but he is xenophobic for doing it
Immigration - already on the books but he hates people of color
Embassy - already passed but he got it done under threat of it will start WW3

Obama Ran his mouth. Bush said crazy things. Clinton lied every time he talked. No president is perfect but the world would be a much different place if HRC was elected. Can you imagine the Progressive Islamic push with the House Sisters if she was there?

edit on Augpm31pmf0000002019-08-21T14:02:19-05:000219 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I don't see why this is even a thread??

He qouted someone, which he does all the time.

He twitter stats on the subject is overwhelmingly positive without the slightest hint of a Ratio.

The POTUS has never been ratioed.

Some folks need to understand that this is how Trump operates twitter, are we seriously going to start a thread on all his tweets?

There are more pressing issues.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

It is very cringey.

Well... We are talking about Trump's tweets... I kind of think everyone is on the same page here other then the importance one should place on them.

If after 4 years and all there is left to complain about is his tweets I would say he had a successful 4 years then.

edit on 21-8-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

For all the histrionics over "right-wing terrorism" I feel that there is a legitimate and growing emergence of anti-Semitism.

You may disagree with my assessment, but I think Trump is doing the smart thing by openly talking about it.

link   

It is very cringey.

Thank's for being honest.

I don't usually hop on the tweet train, as most of the time its asinine... But this one really struck me as strange. Acknowledging someone giving you the likeness of King of another country, and the second coming of God. I never like to see politicians flirt with them being part of some divine plan. I have no problem with politicians being religious, but it does bug me when they start acting like they are here on a mission from God, even if it's innuendo.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

For all the histrionics over "right-wing terrorism" I feel that there is a legitimate and growing emergence of anti-Semitism.

You may disagree with my assessment, but I think Trump is doing the smart thing by openly talking about it.

I'm all for people trying to combat anti-Semitism, but I don't think that was the objective in the case of this thread... And if it was, I don't see how this is effective. No one should be criticized or judged if they are practicing their religion wishing no harm on anyone.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Ummm...really...if you people can't see how he's just spoofing these idiots...then I don't know man...

It's like posting here...you crack a joke and people call down the mods on you...

Bread...Circus...and theater...The man toys with the press and the progs and the..."leaders of the free world"...and it makes their heads explode...

I thought some of you on this site were more astute than I've been giving you credit for...

The President is laughing...I'm laughing...lighten the eff up...the paradigm has changed and there's no going back to the same old stuffed shirt politically correct bull crap...

SMEffingH…

YouSir

link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

They aren't supposed to be.

I disagree... it is all political at that level, religion gets a back seat. Religion is almost completely at the lower levels with local churches and its parishioners, after that it gets more and more political as you go up the food chain of command to the point it is 100% political.
edit on 21-8-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

It is very cringey.

Thank's for being honest.

I don't usually hop on the tweet train, as most of the time its asinine... But this one really struck me as strange. Acknowledging someone giving you the likeness of King of another country, and the second coming of God. I never like to see politicians flirt with them being part of some divine plan. I have no problem with politicians being religious, but it does bug me when they start acting like they are here on a mission from God, even if it's innuendo.
If you're easily triggered at this, perhaps a break from politics?

You just described any candidant looking for the religious vote.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way. For that day will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the antiChrist is revealed, the son of destruction. He opposes every other and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he sits in God’s sanctuary, publicizing that he himself is God. - 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

Stuff to think about.

As an aside to this. I never understood why anyone called Obama the antichrist. Not that I liked the guy. But isn't the whole point of the antichrist to trick Christians into believing in him. Doesn't he, or she I guess, have to come from within Christendom. Mimicking the beliefs of Christians in order to trick them.

The guy everyone called a secret Muslim from Kenya. Can't trick anyone. The guy who has already seduced the Christian Right into voting for someone extremely prideful, lustful, and boastful, kind of the opposite of Jesus...and is comparing himself to the Son of God in a tweet on the other hand.

Nah.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

So I guess you had issues with both Obama and Bush then too. Might as well include Reagan and Carter.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm all for people trying to combat anti-Semitism, but I don't think that was the objective in the case of this thread... And if it was, I don't see how this is effective. No one should be criticized or judged if they are practicing their religion wishing no harm on anyone.

This thread was about Trump's Tweets.

Trump's Tweets were about Israel.

There's a lot of hatred recently towards Israel.

Hence, the value of Trump's Tweets.

Just making some observations.

QED

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I hope you're right about the president joking on this matter.

But I do think it's reasonable to question if he is or not. I do realize that sometimes the president does troll people just to garner a reaction, but in matters when it comes to his ego I think it's fair to wonder if he's feeding that or trolling people (maybe both).

At the end of the day though, I think he could be a more effective president if he dialed back the tweeting and baiting (something I was hoping for him to do after the election). I realize the media never stepped back on dogging him, and in some ways he's just giving it back to them. But think a different approach over time would eventually have people see other people for their clownish behavior rather than see the clownish behavior in everyone on the public scene right now.
edit on 21-8-2019 by CriticalStinker because: Reworded to clarify

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Doesn't delusion go hand in hand with malignant narcissism?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So I guess you had issues with both Obama and Bush then too. Might as well include Reagan and Carter.

I did, but they're not in power anymore.

I don't think favorably of any president in my lifetime for what it's worth. The only candidate I've ever fully supported was Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

They might not have been elected had hillary won.

I think 2018 happened that way because of opposition to what some believe trump stands for.

Most of those races were super close. I think had hillary been potus the dems wouldn't have fought so hard and the house and senate would be more red.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This thread was about Trump's Tweets. Trump's Tweets were about Israel. There's a lot of hatred recently towards Israel.

I don't think there is a lot of hatred towards Israel. I'd say 2 or 3 congress women hate Israel, other than that our government is proportionately more aligned with Israel than any other country with the exception of maybe the UK. I think often times people get confused with citizens questioning the terms of our relationship with Israel as hating Israel.

Either way, as I said, I don't think this tweet benefits whatever poor sentiment there is about Israel.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

one time one was 1/1024th.......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join