It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Leader Trump demands respect

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The comments come amid a back and forth dispute between Trump and Denmark over his offer to purchase Greenland.

Donald Trump says comments from Denmark's prime minister that dismissed his offer to buy Greenland as "absurd" were "inappropriate" and "not nice".

The US president demanded more respect be shown to the US, adding that his offer to purchase the autonomous Danish territory was "just an idea".

His comments came after Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen said she was "disappointed and surprised" by Mr Trump calling off his planned trip to Denmark over the the dispute.

Mr President, have I got news for you - it's not very "nice" to suggest purchasing sovereign territory like popping out to the local Walmart and buying a couple of gallons of Marburger whole milk!

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Yeah he demands more respect after he thinks he can just buy an allies sovereign territory and when they say no he throughs his toys of the pram and cancels his state visit with just a couple of weeks notice over it. Think of the disruption and financial cost that will have caused.

Yeah I think wee donny needs to learn that you earn respect you don't demand it.
edit on 21-8-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Hehe... its making front page over here in Denmark. He's a complete joke. The worst part about him not coming is wasting the time and money of the Danish police force. A lot of off duty hands were demanded to work and their cancellation has to be compensated according to union laws....

Seriously, Trump should just stay away. The majority of us Danes dont approve or appreciate him anyways.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice

Hehe... its making front page over here in Denmark. He's a complete joke. The worst part about him not coming is wasting the time and money of the Danish police force. A lot of off duty hands were demanded to work and their cancellation has to be compensated according to union laws....

Seriously, Trump should just stay away. The majority of us Danes dont approve or appreciate him anyways.

Police wages are free though right? You don't actually pay them yourself, from your own money, so they're free. Just like your healthcare.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Personally, I don't think there was anything wrong with him thinking about OFFERING TO BUY a sovereign nation. After all, we could just conquer it and the Danes end up with nothing, but he didn't even contemplate doing that.
edit on 21-8-2019 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Well I am not a part of that fictive majority you are speaking of, me and many others here in Denmark was looking forward to the visit, including our PM, and still is. Lets not blow this more up then it already is.

But yes.. Greenland is not something that is for sale, but lets not let that compromise the friendship between Denmark and USA.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Sundowning early today it appears.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
Personally, I don't think there was anything wrong with him thinking about BUYING a sovereign nation. After all, we could just conquer it and the Danes end up with nothing, but he didn't even contemplate doing that.

Come get some.. see what happens

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Personally, I don't think there was anything wrong with him thinking about BUYING a sovereign nation. After all, we could just conquer it and the Danes end up with nothing, but he didn't even contemplate doing that.

LOL I wasn't suggesting we do that or it would be right just saying it could be done easy enough but that he never even considered it an option.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Greenland can go suck an egg!
Totally ungrateful to our excellent offer. What's wrong with them? They have some kind of fear of winning???
Wait till they start melting and washing away, they'll be begging us to take them! They won't even be allowed to live in Baltimore.
Greenland! whatever, losers. I doubt its even green.

edit on 21-8-2019 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I bet there's a lot more to this story.

Like maybe Trump has found out some bad things about the Danish Government !!

Watch for exposure soon like maybe when that G7 decides to "meet" 🎯🥥

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I bet you speak for everyone just like the loons here in America when they don't like something Trump does.

Anyways, is there a story about this that doesn't sound like some made up bunk ass # from a website we've never heard of before?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

If Trump tried to annex Denmark, the whole of Europe would rise up and defend its Northern European brother nation (despite the existence of NATO).

It would not be an easy fight.

NATO: Civil War
edit on 21-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: NATO: Civil War

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

LOL I wasn't suggesting we do that or it would be right just saying it could be done easy enough but that he never even considered it an option.

oh well.. I will hang my axe back up on the wall again then

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well, my American perspective of this is that he would have needed to use his own danged money to buy it anyways because there is no way Congress would approve the funds for it.
Cant believe hes made this into an international crap show.
edit on 21-8-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
LOL @ everyone focusing on purchasing Greenland.

For clarification: Supposedly, Denmark is considering a Chinese air force presence in Greenland.
edit on 21-8-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It's not the first time the United States has offered to purchase Greenland, so not sure why all the false outrage. We offered a 100 million to Denmark back in the 40's. Actually had a tentative agreement which eventually fell thru. Another attempt was made by another President. It's a very strategic area for the US which is why an agreement was worked out for military installations located there. The President is acutely aware of just how important it is strategically and floated another idea, at least he is thinking in the strategic interests of America. Perhaps Denmark would trade us New Jersy, maybe Illinois, or Debalsio's New York.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I haven't really been following this that much actually can someone explain the following to me without political bias:

Why did Trump want to buy Greenland?

Why did Trump suggest buying Greenland?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I haven't really been following this that much actually can someone explain the following to me without political bias:

To bring attention to Denmark.
China eyeing Greenland

Also, I hear that Greenland is striving for independence.
edit on 21-8-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Why Not ??

It triggers people.

The left fell for it...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join