It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon fires cloud half Brazil

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

True, this is however irrelevant to the current situation in Brazil. The fires will create space for more agriculture, due to the fact that as soon as the fires pass, the farmers move in. They have been doing this for decades.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

www.foxnews.com...
Reuters reported that farmers in Brazil — if not outright — had “tacit” encouragement from Bolsonaro who has maintained that the Amazon should be utilized for Brazil’s economy. The news agency reported that a so-called “Fire Day” was designated to show the president that farmers were eager to work.

If that is true, this man should resign. No matter how "powerful" he is. He is on suicidal course of the planet itself. He is not above all that. He showed full disrespect to international calls to stop the fires. As if some outside force made them happen. The least he could do is to call firefighters from throughout the world. Something that Putin did when the Siberian Tundra burned.
edit on 23-8-2019 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: jrod
Notre Dame burns and there is no stop media coverage and billionaires pledging to rebuild it.

The lungs of our planet is burning and there is almost no media coverage and no aristocrats pledging to help restore it.

Humanity is doomed.

Earth doesn't grow a new, constructed Notre Dame within a year of the previous one burning to the ground. Trees aren't a finite resource.

Thank you captain obvious.

The sad reality is the aristocrats ignore the ongoing crisis with the Amazon(it's bigger than this fire) but go all gung ho to restore a religious relic.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
Brazil's rainforest accounts for 20% of Earth's oxygen in totality

I'm much more concerned about where we get 80% - the oceans, specifically, marine planktons.

Forget global warming. Initiate the death penalty for people who dump tons of garbage in the oceans, including the boat captains and the top executives of the corporations doing it.
edit on 23-8-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

I'm much more concerned about where we get 80% - the oceans, specifically, marine planktons.

Forget global warming. Initiate the death penalty for people who dump tons of garbage in the oceans, including the boat captains and the top executives of the corporations doing it.

Supposedly, only the French PM is suggesting this go on the G7's agenda. Let's hope they make it a serious issue.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

So if President Trump were to rob the planet of 20% of its oxygen, would that be like declaring war on mankind?

What does Trump have to do with any of this?

How is that even relevant?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

France, Germany, UK until now. We may add Japan and Canada for sure. Only Trump may say something different, but I doubt he will defend the fire policy of Brazil in the face of public outrage in the West.

France and Ireland say they will not ratify a huge trade deal with South American nations unless Brazil does more to fight fires in the Amazon.

French leader Emmanuel Macron said President Jair Bolsonaro had lied to him about his stance on climate change.

European leaders have also expressed dismay over the fires, with UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson saying he is "deeply concerned" about "the impact of the tragic loss of these precious habitats".

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has called the fire an "acute emergency... shocking and threatening not only for Brazil and the other affected countries, but also for the whole world".

www.bbc.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart

France, Germany, UK until now. We may add Japan and Canada for sure. Only Trump may say something different, but I doubt he will defend the fire policy of Brazil in the face of public outrage in the West.

France and Ireland say they will not ratify a huge trade deal with South American nations unless Brazil does more to fight fires in the Amazon.

French leader Emmanuel Macron said President Jair Bolsonaro had lied to him about his stance on climate change.

European leaders have also expressed dismay over the fires, with UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson saying he is "deeply concerned" about "the impact of the tragic loss of these precious habitats".

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has called the fire an "acute emergency... shocking and threatening not only for Brazil and the other affected countries, but also for the whole world".

www.bbc.com...

That's great but action is needed, not talk.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

On Friday, Finland, which currently holds the rotating presidency of the European Council, called for the EU to look into the possibility of banning Brazilian beef from its markets due to devastation caused by the wildfires.

www.dw.com...

This all happens as the world prepares for the landmark September 23 UN meeting where are expected concrete proposals to limit the Global Warming Before the end of 2020. In a way, the fires in Amazon become a challenge in the face of the world community. Maybe only one more president to stay on that side. Of course it is Trump. But if he does so, he risks too much, including within his own country's congress and senate. I suggest, THIS TIME, Trump at least will say he cares for the Climate. And why not to send several firefighting planes to Brazil, after all Brazil is a "major non-NATO ally of USA", yes?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Fire's are good for forests. Forests like them.
Everything grows back with improved vigor. All that nitrogen from the ashes.
Plants love that sh!t.

Aye only if they dont clear the land after its burned down to make way for houses , farms , industry

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Yeh death for death

you kill millions of life with toxic chemicals then you should be fired into the sun !

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

www.bbc.com...

It's really bizarre that no one has just decided right im putting it out myself , people with planes etc
or any other nation , Im guessing we actually need brazil to co-operate and allow other nations to get involved

mental that they are just happy to let it burn from what I see in the news , no real effort is being made to prevent it !

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

www.bbc.com...

It's really bizarre that no one has just decided right im putting it out myself , people with planes etc
or any other nation , Im guessing we actually need brazil to co-operate and allow other nations to get involved

mental that they are just happy to let it burn from what I see in the news , no real effort is being made to prevent it !

I know right. What the hell.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Brazil must be helped of course. With planes and everything. Colombia and other countries also fight fires.
The problem is that initially the Brazilian government rejected the idea the fires are intentional and too many compared to previous years of constant fire clearing of forests...(as if it is considered "normal"). However, the latest words of Bolsonaro and the started criminal investigation show that maybe Brazil is going to change its position a bit.

Now it is proven there was a "day of fire"...

n Brazil itself, federal prosecutors have launched an investigation into the massive wildfires in the Amazon region. The probe will look into why a "day of fire," announced by farmers in the region last week, was not barred from taking place in the state of Para, prosecutors said on Thursday. While prosecutors may punish those responsible for environmental crimes, Carlos Nobre said the potential impact of the investigation was unclear amid a climate of impunity for those pushing agricultural frontiers into the Amazon.
www.dw.com...

So..the problem is not that the fires started because of the high temperature and dry season, the problem is they were started very much intentionally and coordinated between farmers, to say the least.

How to battle Global Warming then?

I am expecting more heads of state tomorrow to join the chorus of condemnation of what is happening in Brazil. Boris Johnson, the friend of Trump, cannot be accused of being leftist, and see how strong he reacts on that (previous post). Indeed, how are we expected to limit the industrial pollution, a process that will involve revolutionary new tech to be introduced in record short period of time, if on the other side the farmers in brazil and elsewhere would just burn the forests for more beef production?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Brazil's president has ordered the armed forces to help fight a record number of forest fires in the Amazon. A decree issued by President Jair Bolsonaro authorises the deployment of soldiers in nature reserves, indigenous lands and border areas in the region. The announcement comes after intense pressure from European leaders.
www.bbc.com...

That however will not stop the thousands fires everywhere, but at least is some sign of a good will on the side of Mr. Bolsonaro. Perhaps now he will receive a massive international help in battling the fires.

Strange enough, the next round of US-China trade war develops at the time when the planet oxygen supply burns... And the next round of post-Cold War arms race between Russia and USA. Couldn't all those nations first think of our common home, and then decide their decades long trade and political rivalry? We have only 16 months until the end of 2020 to decisively change the process of Climate change. UN meeting on September 23 is intended to bring practical proposals for that. Hope at least then the nations will unite. 30 days more, to know whether the earth nations put the common goal of survival first, before their inherited egoistic interests.

The fires in Amazon make even that period too late. We need to act Now in Brazil and surrounding countries. I expect some practical result from this weekend meeting of G7.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Supposedly, only the French PM is suggesting this go on the G7's agenda. Let's hope they make it a serious issue.

Why? These 'Amazon Fires' are fake news anyway... or hadn't you heard?

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
oh
I thought Amazon's Cloud was on fire and they fired half of brazil.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has gone conspiracy theorist on this yet, but what if there was an ancient civilization underneath all that rain forest and the only way to expose it to the world was to set these fires to get the forest out of the way so that is visible by satellite images

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
No one seems to be too interested in the Amazon fires lately.

I'll just drop this here.

www.independent.co.uk...

4000 new fires have been started. Looks like there hell bent on burning the whole thing down.
edit on 2-9-2019 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

I am adding this link from accuweather. This article seems to be saying these fires could be on land that has already been cleared.

www.accuweather.com...

I don't know what the true story about what is going on down there.
edit on 2-9-2019 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   

edit on 12/6/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join