It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There aren't (m)any Japanese or Chinese "supremacists" - Why do you think this is?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Haven't come across or heard of many, if any, Japanese or Chinese (or Asian) supremacists.

Why do you think this is?

All we hear about are white supremacists blah blah. Haven't heard of or come across any Japanese (or Asian) or Chinese (or even Black) "supremacists" for that matter.

Why do you think this is?

EDIT: As an aside, a couple of people, on replying to general threads (Hong Kong protests etc, Taiwan diplomatic wranglings) mentioned, in passing, that Han Chinese believe themselves to be "superior" to everybody else on the planet - however, I see no indication that this is indeed the case. There is no modern evidence in the modern world to suggest that this is true.
edit on 21-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: Quotation marks

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Sinocentrism (Wikipedia)

Edit: huh, the english version is much more "softy" on this topic than the german version.

In my opinion, Han chinese have a very derogative view on the world outside mainland China.
edit on 21 8 2019 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   

There aren't (m)any Japanese or Chinese "supremacists" - Why do you think this is?

Two words for you
Asian Culture.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Sinocentrism (Wikipedia)

Edit: huh, the english version is much more "softy" on this topic than the german version.

In my opinion, Han chinese have a very derogative view on the world outside mainland China.

Really? I've heard non-Chinese people say this about Chinese folk, but I never actually thought it to be true... How strange.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

When it's convenient for the media to use...

Boom...

As if by magic....millions of them will appear. Over night.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   

that's funny as fluck.

I've lived in both Chinese and Japanese societies.

If you haven't already done so, go to Japan and see / experience it for yourself. They're not so much supremacists as they're Traditionalists / Fundamentalists who have zero tolerance of outsiders influencing the natural progression of their culture.

Same goes for China, and Malaysia and Saudi Arabia and Iran and Indonesia and one or two others I've lived or worked in.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Those countries for one are very old. Over 2K years of traditions and culture forging. Second, they have remained mostly homogeneous with little to no migration of other cultures into it. There was little ability for people to travel vast distances until recently in terms of their timeline. Third, record keeping. All their atrocities committed against others is not well documented. Did they murder other tribes, enslave people along the way. Of course they did. It's how countries are formed.

The US on the other hand is an ass pimple that recently showed up to the party. They have no real culture. Just large trash bags full of pieces of many cultures but, mostly white European cultures which is not all that nice. All these "not so nice" acts are also well documented. The cultures they did it to can look back at that documentation and say, hey wait a minute, we got screwed. So in summary:

1. Old Age of country
2. No migration of other cultures.
3. No documentation of atrocities.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Well said. I experienced some of that, too.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Because they dont live among other races? Because they dont have a narrative that constantly puts forward the evil ways of the white man?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   

You don't know what you're talking about.

www.scmp.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Better stick with "many" versus "any".

(1) It's just logical that there are racists in every group, humans being humans the world over.
(2) I'll never forget how racist the people seemed when I went to a Japanese grocery store. Could've been they just didn't like me and my sister, but it came across as more than that.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

You don't know what you're talking about.

www.scmp.com...

Wow. Yeah, I'd say refusing to rent to someone based on their race is racist. Thanks for the article.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
People from Asia are Asian.

With some minor differences between cultures .

But for the most part they’re just one race.

Now take into consideration the complete disregard for human life the eastern culture has had for their race historically .

Then when you throw in the thousands of years of continuous hatred and war over the cultural differences within the culture .

To me it kind of seems like any form of supremacy would just be overkill .

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

They're just more modest about telling people.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Lol err.. are Afghanis and Chinese just minor differences in culture apart? How about Iraqis and some of Russia? Are their cultures so similar as you have asserted?

Man.. lol

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Did you miss how the Japanese treated everyone else in the southeast asian region during WWII?

The Thai, Philippines, Malasians... They made the Nazi deathcamps look like disney land.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I have lived in Singapore and there are Chinese "supremacists". The Chinese are possibly the most racist people I have ever met, particularly towards people who they consider inferior e.g. Filipinos and Vietnamese.

I have also been told by a Ghanaian friend that the Chinese hate Africans people and treat them very poorly when they are doing business in Africa.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Japan - samaruai
China - CCP

Any dictatorship is a "supremacists" in nature sand action.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

If there are? What...you want a per capita figure or an extremist rating?

Have you heard of any?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Annectodal evidence is awesome

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join