It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cardinal George Pell loses appeal ... 6 years of prison is the result

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Cardinal George Pell has been sentenced to six years' jail for the sexual abuse of two Melbourne choirboys in the 1990s. This is the transcript provided by the County Court of Chief Judge Peter Kidd's full sentencing remarks:

I'm beginning to see a pattern since Mr orange came into his new position and I say "jolly good!"

Go the Aussies!

Cardinal George Pell, on 11 December 2018 you were convicted by a jury of five charges of sexual offending by you against two young boys in 1996 and 1997 in St Patrick's Cathedral, East Melbourne.

You were convicted of one offence of Sexual Penetration of a Child under 16 years and four offences of committing an Indecent Act with or in the presence of a Child under 16 years.

The jury who unanimously convicted you was comprised of 12 men and women, randomly selected from the community.

Initially, there was a jury of 14 who heard the evidence and arguments of counsel, and who received directions of law from me, over the course of some five weeks.

The jury was then reduced to 12 by ballot, at the time of the deliberations. The jury deliberated for almost five days, before returning their verdicts of guilty on all of the charges.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyJetson

A few inches of karma waiting for him in jail.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyJetson

Cardinal George Pell has been sentenced to six years' jail for the sexual abuse of two Melbourne choirboys in the 1990s. This is the transcript provided by the County Court of Chief Judge Peter Kidd's full sentencing remarks:

I'm beginning to see a pattern since Mr orange came into his new position and I say "jolly good!"

Go the Aussies!

And six years to dwell on it and I dare say that they weren't the only

ones in all his years hiding behind the church to carry out his evil deeds.

As the church says.........

*Be sure your sins will find you out*

edit on 21-8-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Cardinals are like the Pope's cabinet , and

Cardinal Pell was not only The Vatican's top man in Australia ,

but he was the Vatican's Treasurer before that !!

The charges he's been convicted of will be literally the tip of the iceberg .

" ...... in St. Patrick's Cathedral ......" wearing his religious vestments probably : there should be special consideration for "ritual and satanic"

or similar approximation of what is really going on

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FieldMarshalMatt

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Cardinals are like the Pope's cabinet , and
Cardinal Pell was not only The Vatican's top man in Australia ,

but he was the Vatican's Treasurer before that !!

The charges he's been convicted of will be literally the tip of the iceberg .
" ...... in St. Patrick's Cathedral ......" wearing his religious vestments probably : there should be special consideration for "ritual and satanic"
or similar approximation of what is really going on

FINALLY ...... ordinary people are being made aware of what has been going on

for centuries.... "In plain sight"

Soon there will be no place to hide for these perverts. NOT BEFORE TIME.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: FieldMarshalMatt

The extent of this kind of perversion in the Church, Hollywood and Royalty is going to shock people.

its all starting to drip out..

Cardinal Pell
Prince Andrew
Lord Mountbatten
R Kelly
Epstein
Weinstein
Allison Mack

The most shocking part, is it was our own intelligence agencies enabling them, so they could then blackmail them.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I’m glad a pedo pervert is behind bars....but 6 years? That’s it? Am I the only one who thinks he should be sentenced to many more years in prison?

I don’t care who he is or who he was or how old he is...he stripped the innocence and dignity away from his victims for the rest of their lives. He should spend the rest of his life rotting away behind bars.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
I’m glad a pedo pervert is behind bars....but 6 years? That’s it? Am I the only one who thinks he should be sentenced to many more years in prison?

I don’t care who he is or who he was or how old he is...he stripped the innocence and dignity away from his victims for the rest of their lives. He should spend the rest of his life rotting away behind bars.

I dont know what Australian prisons are like, but I imagine the inmates will

see to it that he gets 'his just deserts
and a lot more than six years pain

will be what he will end up with?? At his age doubt he'll get out......

How the mighty fall

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

6 Years is a Loong time for anyone, esp a caardinal. What do yyou think he'll walk out of prison into, anotherr position at the vatican? I don't think so! He's F*&^kt

Read the link, it has the judges complete sentencing comments in it. In a nutshell, it's 6yrs for One offence against One person -- the judge explains it in detail in his explantion of how he came to that sentence. IMO he's also inferring to other 'members of the church" who might later find themselves in similar situations, that it's going to be a minimum of 6years for you if you're charged wwith a similar offence
this is what a "precedent" is, and they are referred to by other judges when giving senteces for similar offences

that said, this is precedent setting in both legal and social aspects.
Not to mention he (still) is the second highest person in the catholic church.
it sure "sends a message" to the "guilty in waiting"

in fact, during the past two and a half years the World has changed, thanks to all of the people who cared enough to DO something about it ... even if that only meant posting comments here, together "we have changed" the 'global consciousness' and now it's got it's own inertia, yet we still must stay vigilant for the Truth to be told. Disclosure and 'openning' "black projects" that would provide 'free clean energy' to the planet etc

The Truth about Everything from Epstein to Energy and all that's been hidden by vested interests, it seems their time is near! sweet!

edit on 21-8-2019 by JohnnyJetson because: bloody pedos

edit on 21-8-2019 by JohnnyJetson because: oopsies and extras

edit on 21-8-2019 by JohnnyJetson because: *&%*&%

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Not enough time!!!!!!!!!!

SHAME ON THE AUSSIES YOU MEAN - as he was
1 : A catholic priest
2 : Had taken ethical oaths
3 : Was historical and repetitive.

Etc,etc.

He should have got 15 yrs minimum. Hes eligible for parole with time served in 3 yrs. Nothing but a slap on the wrist political stunt and nothing more.

The system is almost as deplorable as pell. Just the other month a bus driver got 5 yrs for crashing into a overpass and only injuring not killing passengers by same courthouse in same city. How can logic be shown here in balancing these two similiar sentenced crimes. Unbelievable.

Hope he lives long enough to serve the full 6 yrs.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

How many priests, let allone cardinals has your country locked up recently for "historical pedophilia"?

It's clear you don't realize the 'power' of the catholic church and why this didn't happenn sooner, coz people Had been accusing him of kiddy fiddling for decades . . . and these offences took place 30yrs ago!

Bloody good on ya Aussies for taking this bastard out! @TeamOz-NoFear

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Not only that but Pell was responsible for whitewashing other crimes by Aussie clergy. Main reason for hiding him in the Papal State. I think they threw him to the wolves so to speak as a future investment to protect the Church. When more crap comes out about the Catholic Church and their finances they'll probably pin it on Pell.

www.theguardian.com...

www.reuters.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Its a stunt all right.

Nope - he'll be eligible for parole after 4 years. Sucks.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I just want to know why child rapists aren't immediately put to death.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Makes one wonder IF they really believe in what they preach, because IF

they do they surely will know there won't be a place *up there* for them.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyJetson

How many priests, let allone cardinals has your country locked up recently for "historical pedophilia"?

It's clear you don't realize the 'power' of the catholic church and why this didn't happenn sooner, coz people Had been accusing him of kiddy fiddling for decades . . . and these offences took place 30yrs ago!

Bloody good on ya Aussies for taking this bastard out! @TeamOz-NoFear

No you don't realise the catholic church only has power cause dumb wana be christians who follow that jibberish are ignorant and blind and supportive instead of taking back the power by refusing to attend.

Honor no graven image - but they do it regardless????????

But yes good on AUSSIES for jailing the scumbag but all im saying is to little to late. - As usual.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This is as good as can be..keep the convictions coming!

Who would mr orange be?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Good, sentence waaaaay too light for the crime and number of lives he has wrecked, but at least he is not getting away with it.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

A few inches of karma waiting for him in jail.

Not the lowest hanging fruit in this one case. Cardinal is a very huge level to be when your actions can be held against you. Several perps walking now should be taking notice. HRC was apparently happy I am sure that JE was ruled UN assisted suicide-e. Might be not so happy to see her pedo go to prison or worse.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I just want to know why child rapists aren't immediately put to death.

IMO no human has the 'right' to decide whether or not annother human dies, and Anyway, death's TOO easy for people like this

And while Australian prisons are much 'better' than US ones, Nobody wants to be in prison
Being bored to death is not a 'fun' way to go, ESP for this guy -
he'll be in protective custody which is almost like solitary - at least it will be for him for a while
and then he'ss got 3yrs and 8mths Before he caneven apply for parole, and there's no guarantees he'll get it

THEN, IF he survives the likely "accidents" that might happen to him, at 80yo+, with NO 'future' he Will be "defrocked" and 'excommunicated' from the church

He won't end up on the streets BUT imo he's got Epstein's chance of getting out . . . when jeff was alive that is

bro, he's Worse off than dead. Jeff's doing it easy compared to this c##t

edit on 23-8-2019 by JohnnyJetson because: zzzzzzzzzzzzzrrrrrrrrpppp!

edit on 23-8-2019 by JohnnyJetson because: brrrrzzzzzzpp

edit on 23-8-2019 by JohnnyJetson because: death's too easy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join