It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have been accepted for re-enlistment

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Respect.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It's very healthy.

And patriotic.

Likely good for your soul.

But, ultimately, you are serving as a puppet for elitists to further questionable agendas and your life is not valued by them.

Maybe just do a marathon instead?

Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somali, Iraq, Congo, Yemeni, Libya... All questionable wars, all interferences where you could have an influence.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's selfish. You are bettering yourself at the demise of others.

Unless of course you believe the US interventions to be morally and ethically just?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Congratulations and thank you for your service, past and present! I was 27 when I took the plunge in 1982 and enlisted in the U. S. Army. That was back when drill sergeants cursed at trainees, called them insulting names, gave them insulting nicknames and could push and knock a trainee around or even to the ground. I was not a good long distance runner but I was quick on the short spurts, could climb a pole faster, out low crawl, out joe willy every other trainee in our platoon. Plus I could grab the pine cone 9 out of 10 times. When it was time for chow one of our drill sergeants would assemble the 4 squad leaders in front of him and throw a large Georgia pine cone up in the air. The squad leader who could capture the pine cone and hand it to the drill sergeant won his squad first in line for chow. If one of the guys was going to get that pine cone I'd knock him down, if he got hold of the pine cone I'd rip it out of his hands. I was amazed how weak and soft and afraid to be a beast the other members of our platoon were from day one and on.

I never regretted joining.

Good luck and kick major butt!

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
That's takes guts to do what you did.

God speed and the good people of the country are proud of you.

Some teach their kids that service men are the real super heroes

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Yay another mindless weapon for the destruction of the world.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

And I call those people misinformed brainwashed anti-humanitarians.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Wow you have to go through boot again? I figured they would do a physical and a few tests then right back at it. And a huge THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. Be safe and Gods speed.

edit on 22-8-2019 by Ansuzrune because: addition to comment

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263
First why bring up negatives when someone is putting their life on the line. What you have said has merit in some respects and not in others. Lets just respect the courage our brother is showing.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune
First why bring up negatives when someone is putting their life on the line. What you have said has merit in some respects and not in others. Lets just respect the courage our brother is showing.

Because everything should be discussed openly.

Eg, the post on here, “Hey Guys I’m stoked because I killed a few babies and it really made me happy!”

You going to stop people “bringing up negatives” because it might kill my buzz?

Fact is his life is being put in the line to forward agendas we discuss and criticise on here in a daily basis. You expect me to forget all about that because a member posts about it? BS. The armed forces don’t protect, serve or bring peace to regions. They f**k them up on behalf of the richest, and people die in the process.

I could respect the courage if he flew over to a war torn country and helped the suffering, chances are he’ll increase the suffering. And get paid for it. Whoop.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune
Wow you have to go through boot again? I figured they would do a physical and a few tests then right back at it. And a huge THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. Be safe and Gods speed.

“Thank you for your service”.

In what way is this person helping you that you need you thank him? You got shares in an oil company or something?
edit on 22-8-2019 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: KansasGirl

My 23 year old son just finished Air Force basic training. The TI's weren't allowed to swear at them. I had to laugh. I tried to tell him what it would be like, but I was so wrong. Many things have changed since 1990. It's a kinder, more gentle service.

I think that is just the chair force way these days,(joke lol) I got scoliosis and swayback so I'm not able to do service. Even went to ROTC boot slash summer camp but failed due to that too.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Good luck in this next phase of your life. Seems like you are doing it for all the right reasons and that will help in the long run.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
You are not a fan of the armed services?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saibotkram1988

originally posted by: Bloodworth

And I call those people misinformed brainwashed anti-humanitarians.

You are not a fan of the armed forces?

It's so hardcore, and something not everyone can do, it gets many very jealous and enraged.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Congrates, if I was in the same position I would do the same, my brother already did.

My brother and I both spent a few years in a Royal Signals TA (reserve) unit some years back. I eventually got married and started a family. He didn't and joined the Royal Engineers as a regular, he eventually left and got married, that didn't work out and so he rejoined the reserves and then volunteered for full time service. The life suits him and he is happy.

With regards to negative commentators ignore them. My brother has helped save civilian lives not take them - rendering aid to civilian powers and UN duty in South Sudan. If people want to be negative about western foreign policy they should save it for the politicians who make the decisions and start wars, not the soldiers who are prepared to risk their own lives for others.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

A REAL CHALLENGE WOULD BE 13 WEEKS OF LOVE AND COMPASSION AT PARRIS ISLAND SOUTH CAROLINA. Start your new life on the yellow footprints. I did and I loved it. Well after the first few weeks. But I was 17. I remember a few guys in their 30s. It's a trip.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Saibotkram1988

Yes. Let's scrap the military and see what happens!?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Well, it only took 2 years, but I finally got that piece of paper in the post I thought would never come.

At the ripe age of 34 I decided the corporate suit and tie lifestyle was a waste of a life and being the single, non married and no kids kinds person I figured it was time to hangup the easy street 9-5 latte sipping lifestyle and put the uniform back on.

While there are still some tests and interviews to be had, you cant wipe the smile off my face because its finally starting.

So today, I signed up a personal trainer to start fitness 101, again! Don't get me wrong, I'm fit - play sports and am generally healthy but I figured I've got 3 months until boot camp and I want to make sure I'm in peak condition.

I'm yet to tell friends or work or family, but i wanted to tell someone.. so why not you bunch!

Congrats! Reading your post put a smile on my face too, I can feel your excitement.

It is somehow more meaningful when you decide to go for it at a later age, or again at a later age, you're not just some kid being recruited. 34 is just a number, don't worry about that. And good luck!

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Well done, sir. It sounds like it's going to make you complete.

As you progress and move around the world of sigs and coms, see what you think of the increasing involvement of private corporations and who benefits.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
By offing potential terrorists. You sure are a smart ass. You like being a smart ass. Obviously you don't get it. A commie maybe or a left winger.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join