It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floride in drinking water making kids less intelligent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The government did not fight to put fluoride in water for kids teeth. That was an excuse, they knew of some of the properties of flouride in helping control the masses for a long time. They actually tested it on soldiers before it was thrown at us. Think about that, they promote fluoride in water but also allow all kinds of additives to be put into our food that they do not even test their selves. The government seems to promote foods that either dumb us down, take away our power, or make us more docile.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Well, I have traced the report upon which this article is based upon. All the OPs source proves is that people use and abuse research to prove points they want to prove.

Christine Till EHP study

Results of a meta-analysis (Choi et al. 2012) of 27 epidemiologic studies showed that children who lived in areas with high-fluoride exposure had lower intelligence quotient (IQ) scores than those who lived in low-exposure areas. However, these findings are controversial because most of the studies were conducted in China where fluoride exists as a natural contaminant and exposure levels are often higher than the 0.70mg/L “optimal” level for water fluoridation in North America.

This was the objective of the study.

Objective: Our aim was to measure urinary fluoride levels during pregnancy. We also assessed the contribution of drinking-water and tea consumption habits to maternal urinary fluoride (MUF) concentrations and evaluated the impact of various dilution correction standards, including adjustment for urinary creatinine and specific gravity (SG).

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I'm in the UK and a dentist told my nephew recently not to rinse his mouth after brushing, to just spit the toothpaste out and leave the residue in his mouth.

Now that could be to just protect the teeth further, OR the info came from 'higher up'?
🤔

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That is standard language in a research article. You never come out and say blank causes blank. You always hedge with your words.

This is the first large scale study of its kind so of course they would require further evidence. That is the way research works.

But stop there a minute. The first time anyone has really looked at what fluoride does to babies in the womb. That is f’d up.

No single piece of research proves anything. So to say that this article proves anything or not is pointless. As of now this is all there is on the subject. So if you were to be evidence based, you would not recommend fluoride to pregnant women.

These are all standards in research. Your reading of it is just as flawed as the OP stating it’s proven.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Well something is definitely making the kids stupid. I always thought it was the pathetic joke of a public school system. Outside of cities (which is like 99% of the USA land mass) we don't drink city flouride water.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

I remember accidentally swallowing toothpaste alot when i was a kid.

Who knows what that did to me

I use fluoride free toothpaste and try to drink filtered water without fluoride. My teeth are fine.

I think this overfocus on needing fluoride in water and toothpaste is complete overkill.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: zardust

My reading is not flawed.

The OP claims that the article says that Floride makes kids less intelligent.

At no point in the article do the authors say that.

That is my only point.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

absolutely they are implying it, to not read that is asinine. No they do not come out and say this proves that fluoride causes IQ loss. This is the first step in a line of research (that should have been performed 60 years ago before they started poisoning the populous). That is the nature of research, no single piece of research proves anything, and even if it does, it still doesn't.

But to say the authors aren't saying that in the population they studied, a lower IQ was associated with higher fluoride levels, is ridiculous, because that is exactly what the research shows. But because they are using the standard conventions in research, they are not saying this proves anything.

Even though as of now it does. Since there have been no other studies, except the mexican study which this follows on and has similar conclusions, and this is a high quality study, this is more than enough evidence to change policy over. There is nothing to go against this research, and nobody will die because of taking away fluoride so this is a no brainer.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
That's why I only drink bottled water , Wonder if you absorb it through your skin when you shower ?
edit on 8/21/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The government seems to promote foods that either dumb us down, take away our power, or make us more docile.

So you're saying that if the government didn't load us up with fluoride, there would be even more mass shootings and brutal murders and people not running around like zombies but actually out aggressively trying to do stuff like take over the government?

Sounds to me that if anything, they should increase the amount of fluoride they're pumping into us, because it ain't working nearly good enough.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: zardust

No they do not come out and say this proves that fluoride causes IQ loss.

Yup because thats now what their evidence says and the authors acknowledge that.

Let me guess, you believed before you read this that fluoride in drinking water was either dangeous or causing drops in IQ, what we have here i think is a case of pareidolia, your seeing what you want to see to reenforce your preconceived ideas about what fluoride does and doesn't do.

The OP claims this research says fluoride in water is making kids less intelligent, the research in no way says that, any attempt to pretend otherwise is deliberate ignorance.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
The OP claims this research says fluoride in water is making kids less intelligent, the research in no way says that, any attempt to pretend otherwise is deliberate ignorance.

Maybe he's been swallowing his toothpaste instead of spitting it out.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

No Blue Shift that's my girl you talking about! Lol

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: rickymouse
The government seems to promote foods that either dumb us down, take away our power, or make us more docile.

So you're saying that if the government didn't load us up with fluoride, there would be even more mass shootings and brutal murders and people not running around like zombies but actually out aggressively trying to do stuff like take over the government?

Sounds to me that if anything, they should increase the amount of fluoride they're pumping into us, because it ain't working nearly good enough.

Fluoride in drinking water is not the right way to calm or dumb down the population. But the scientists at the time it was introduced thought it would work. They were mistaken. Read the third paragraph of the conclusion in this article. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Here is another one. www.webmd.com...

The thing is that people with hypothyroidism are sick, it is unpredictable what they might do.

Is Fluoride causing the mass shootings? I doubt it, is it stopping them...I doubt that too. It was a feeble attempt to take away energy from those who might cause problems in society. It hurts more people in the long run. It was not put in the water for deterring cavities, why in the hell would the government push so hard to put fluoride in water to help cavities. Milk was a better way at controlling society, it has opiate peptides in it that calm the crying baby. Same with wheat, it has opiate peptide chemistry. Notice now that people are avoiding milk and avoiding wheat and that civil unrest is increasing. That is correlation, but it may have a basis to research. Now meat has calming factors to it, a chemistry similar to beta blockers. and fish has Omega 3s in it, both chemistries are calming. They would be a better choice, but farmed salmon is not that good of a product, wild caught would be much healthier.

I am not against the calming chemistries, but the choices that the government chose over the years was bad. The people who are naturally calm will consume these, but then they get sick because calm people do not need calming. Those I know who are not calm, they avoid these chemistries that calm them, they want the energy and excitement that avoiding them gives them.
edit on 21-8-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join