It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Storm area 51 event could cause infections and diseases

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I was thinking about the event that was essentially a joke but is becoming a festival-like reality in the near future.

Local government and the residents are raising concerns that the infrastructure of the area is not prepared for such a sudden demand of an additional 30-40000 visitors.

Trying to be accommodating to that many people is hard on a county of 5200 residents.

Local government and the residents are trying to get emergency funding pre-approved for the upcoming influx of visitors. As their respective infrastructure is simply not designed for the large volume.
The article here gives further explanations on some of the concerns.
apnews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">apnews.com...

Adding to list of fears is one i believe is not being addressed properly is that sanitation cannot possibly keep up.

This could lead to long lasting health effects on the residents health, as well as their water quality, and even the local flora and fauna' s ability to deal with new stresses.

Another article on the effect of poor sanitation.
www.who.int..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.who.int... alth-risks/water-sanitation/en/

I dont live in the area, so its really none of my buisness. That being said, i live in an area that derives alot of its working capital from tourism, and have seen the effects of over-burden.

I'm really hoping that pre-planning and preparations are going well, and wish the locals luck in having a successful event. I just hope it doesn't become a long lasting scar on the overall health/well-being of the community there.

edit on 20-8-2019 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

Yep.. sounds like propaganda to me

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Or it could cause them all to be shot storming a military complex.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

The local Leo's have voiced their concerns about keeping people away from the military's area. They don't want anyone hurt. Sounds like they are trying to be accommodating without the tomfoolery of nimrods thinking they are going to infiltrate a government base.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

What propaganda?

That a small town might not want domestic problems while possibly having a small financial boom?

Sounds reasonable to me. They are trying to make sure basic functions are available. Like cell phone coverage/network demand, drinking water, shower facilities, somewhere to go #2 .

Those concerns dont sound bad to me.

It sounds lime they are using their heads and dont want it to loom like a homeless camp.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

The local Leo's have voiced their concerns about keeping people away from the military's area. They don't want anyone hurt. Sounds like they are trying to be accommodating without the tomfoolery of nimrods thinking they are going to infiltrate a government base.

Whoho a new tent city in Nevada will they clean up after themselves or will it become another health crises like in Cali ?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
What are the consequences if you throw a party for a hundred thousand people and nobody shows up?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
What are the consequences if you throw a party for a hundred thousand people and nobody shows up?

What happens if 100,000 show up and at the end of the party no one pickups after themselves?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

They are trying to make sure basic functions are available. Like cell phone coverage/network demand, drinking water, shower facilities, somewhere to go #2 .

"cell phone coverage/network demand" are considered a "basic function" now?!?
SMFH

Any idiot that goes to this deserves what happens.

I DEMAND full coverage so I can laugh my ass off at home sipping a beer!

edit on 8 20 2019 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Apparently the Little ale' inn (a ufo bar) and some others began promoting the event to draw in some customers.
So far, the expected numbers are 30-40k people.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

The locals are concerned that they won't have the ability to use their phones. Their local network only handle about 300 users at one time.

I think their attempting to be proactive.

But i get what your saying, i live deep in the woods. Tourists are easily spotted waving their iPhones around and bitching theres no maps to show them exactly where the trophy steelhead are...

They also park in the middle pump of the gas station and block the other 2 pumps while daydreaming...
edit on 20-8-2019 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Yeah, everyone loves that new feces smell.

Maybe a new market for car fresheners.
Instead of green trees they can have brown ones...

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

Yeah, everyone loves that new feces smell.

Maybe a new market for car fresheners.
Instead of green trees they can have brown ones...

I never thought of that an opportunity for the evil capitalist to make money off the poor masses of area 51.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

But i get what your saying, i live deep in the woods. Tourists are easily spotted waving their iPhones around and bitching theres no maps to show them exactly where the trophy steelhead are...

My God, we are living "Idiocracy".

Thanks for sharing that!

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

If any of the locals have two brain cell to rub together they should be:

- printing a ton of cheesy t-shirts for sale
- offer parking/ lodging
- sell food, water, etc
or if they want to avoid the whole thing, rent out their house and take a nice vacation.

There is big big money to be made on these kinds of things. We had something similar in our town. I know people that made a killing on parking alone, over 10K in parking each day!

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yup, just a bunch of generators with charge stations would make money.

A wifi station would probably pay too.

I'm sure people are going to make money off this.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Yeah, it gets pretty thick up here during trout season.
4 wheelers, snowmobilers, and deer/bear hunters are something else too.

Had a guy almost get shot last year when he thought he could walk in the gas station with his deer rifle on his shoulder because he was up north...

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

It's the DESERT. TA-DA. And hotter than hell! 80 miles to the base.

Desert, military, heat and nothing else for miles.

Some nimrods are gonna try... and end up screaming "Water!"...and "Save me! This is desert! Where are the ALIENS!!"..."HELP!"

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

It's the DESERT. TA-DA. And hotter than hell! 80 miles to the base.

Desert, military, heat and nothing else for miles.

Some nimrods are gonna try... and end up screaming "Water!"...and "Save me! This is desert! Where are the ALIENS!!"..."HELP!"

Or some entrepreneurs will be selling water about 20 miles from the base for what ever the market will bear? Free?
5 bucks a bottle 10 bucks? Nice hot water now if you want ice that's another 50 bucks. Lots of money to be made off the affair.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I hope those local mom and pop shops are buying insurance- they've never seen what 30,000 hooligans do when there aren't available bathrooms, water, cell service, and starbucks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join