It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Reasons Gift Cards Are Simply The Worst

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Nyiah

I only give gift cards if someone hints at them quite obviously...

I really wish someone would get me a gift card for Crowdcow.com for my birthday in a few months. I'd really like to get some things from that site. For my birthday. In a few months. Xmas isn't long after that either.

You slick b@$t@&d

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
You should never have left over balance. Say yo have .50 cent left on it, just go buy whatever and use the card, it will take the .50 and then let you pay difference in cash or debit whatever

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'd take a $20 bill over a $50 gift card every single day of the week.

Even if its a gift card to a place I go often- I think when I sold my house I found five gift cards to home depot, and three of them were probably expired. The other two I wound up giving away to people with more time on their hands.

I will never, ever use a gift card. It's just cash with strings attached.
Here, have some cash that you cant store in a bank or use at any store but this one.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I really wish someone would get me a gift card for Crowdcow.com for my birthday in a few months. I'd really like to get some things from that site. For my birthday. In a few months. Xmas isn't long after that either.

LMAO XD

originally posted by: lordcomac
I'd take a $20 bill over a $50 gift card every single day of the week.

Even if its a gift card to a place I go often- I think when I sold my house I found five gift cards to home depot, and three of them were probably expired. The other two I wound up giving away to people with more time on their hands.

I will never, ever use a gift card. It's just cash with strings attached.
Here, have some cash that you cant store in a bank or use at any store but this one.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

< shrug > Cash is fine, too, but I still would prefer a card to a specific business so I'm not tempted to piss away the cash in small, steady increments on beer and pizza (which I totally would do)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
I get fuel points for my purchases at Kroger. Sometimes I get 4X’s fuel points for gift cards. $100 in gift cards gets me $0.40 off a gallon of gas (up to 35 gallons, no more than $1.00 off at a time). So if I’m doing a project and need to go to the hardware store I may as well get a gift card for the purchase and get my fuel points.

I just got a diesel recently, and the Kroger diesel doesn't run as rich so I had to stop this aspect... Which really sucks because I loved racking up those points and getting a super cheap tank.

On the plus side I can fill up for about 35~ dollars now and it lasts me about 400-725 miles depending how I drive, so saving a few bucks isn't the end of the world anymore.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Be and my buddies are thinking about getting a brisket from there and smoking it around xmas... I hope everyone is in town so we can do it.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Get. The. A4. Olive. Fed. Wagyu.

It's like if someone turned Jesus into steak and then you ate him.

edit on 20-8-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

For only 1,350 a brisket. Haha.

It says only 5 people in the US have had the pleasure of smoking one.

Edit: I'm just going to buy a cow, feed it olives, always have music on for it, massage it daily, give it a beer once a week... and have my own.
edit on 20-8-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Edit: I'm just going to buy a cow, feed it olives, always have music on for it, massage it daily, give it a beer once a week... and have my own.

So DB is moving in?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

So DB is moving in?

Aren't olives a vegetable?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Technically it's a fruit but just tell him they're green M&Ms.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Not necessarily true. I almost exclusively send out amazon gift cards for birthdays, Christmas, weddings, and funerals.

People tend to know what they want better than I do. Besides, with my family around that time of year, suddenly everyone decides to humble-signal. “Oh, you don’t have to get me anything.” Try explaining to your mother why you didn’t get her anything on Christmas.

She gets a gift card, just like everyone else, and everyone is happy.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join