It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump claims " Michigan's man of the year"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
So at a recent propaganda rally trump claimed he was proclaimed "man of the year" in Michigan. Maybe Michigans "man of the year"...

Surely you all have heard this, yet nobody posted. WHY?

It is a lie. no ifs ands or buts...

Any trump stickers care to explain this one? did not mean what he said? misunderstood? fake news?

Go ahead....

C

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
So at a recent propaganda rally trump claimed he was proclaimed "man of the year" in Michigan. Maybe Michigans "man of the year"...

Any trump stickers care to explain this one? did not mean what he said? misunderstood? fake news?

Go ahead....

C

Yeah that sounds really silly to me!

Although he may turn out the man of the century

edit on 19-8-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

It actually turned out to just be a framed copy of the Gettysburg Address.

Link

Lmao. Seriously.

ETA: Since no one wants to click the link, here's an excerpt:

Trott told Michigan Live and CNN that in 2013, he invited Trump to be the keynote speaker at the Oakland County Republican Party's annual Lincoln Day Dinner. During the event, he presented Trump with a tie, a statuette of Abraham Lincoln, and a framed copy of the Gettysburg Address.

—Malachi Barrett (@PolarBarrett) August 16, 2019

Michigan Live reporter Malachi Barrett tweeted out a few photos on Friday taken by the publication that night in 2013, showing Trump being presented with the framed copy of the address, along with the statuette and tie. There was no 'man of the year' award presented that night, and Trott said Trump delivered a "rambling speech touching every topic under the sun."

Trott also told the publications that in 2017, at a roundtable discussion in Ypsilanti, Michigan, with Trump, Cabinet members, and auto industry executives, the president brought up the award that never was.

Specifically, Trump thanked Trott and said he had been given a Michigan 'man of the year' award about five or six years ago, after which he made a speech about the state's car industry being "stolen" from Michigan. Trott responded by telling the president his speech had been great.

The former congressman told The Detroit News that he knew at the time Trump was wrong, but he "sure wasn't comfortable correcting him in front of a group of automotive CEOs. It [...] would've been embarrassing to him." The exchange between Trump and Trott in 2017 was recorded.

I'm still laughing.

edit on 19-8-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It's not like the first time....

Any man that would have a fake time Magazine printed then proudly display it is a stupid old fool! Or I wonder what kind of ego driven insecurities trump feels compelled to lie about it. It remindes me of that sad little dork in high school, that was always bragging how fast his Ford falcon was and how many cheerleaders he banged.

entertainment.ie...
edit on 19-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

Go ahead....

Trolls first i guess,

C

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
4. D. Chess.

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Slow news day for the cult of nonsense apparently.
What no racist, Nazi BS stories?

link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Kinda like Hitler?

+2 more 
link   

So at a recent propaganda rally trump

This was in 2017 and he was refering to a 2013 event. Yes very recent and relevant.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Slow news day for the cult of nonsense apparently.
What no racist, Nazi BS stories?

Plenty of those. It's just hilarious that the President of the United States is so oblivious to objective reality he thought the Gettysburg Address was a Michigan Man of the Year award.

Hilarious. And a little bit horrifying.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Kinda like Hitler?

And there it is. Less than 10 posts in. Like clockwork.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but this will keep me up all night shaking my fist at the air. Occasionally uttering "damn you trump".

I'm beginning to get tired of living every day, every breath fighting the good fight. I feel like giving it up sometimes, but then I remember that if I don't vocalize my distaste for him on social media daily(hourly), we'll literally slip into fascism and ultimately the destruction of the entire world.

Such a burden for a lone warrior....
edit on 19-8-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
He's probably not even deliberately lying.

The guy is such a self absorbed narcissist to the point where he's probably incapable of comprehending these claims he makes about himself aren't true.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

It's very possible he was declared Man of the Year. Anyone can say he is. Does Michigan have an official man of the year? Maybe a Pizza Hut in Michigan declared him man of the year, and he just ran with it.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

You're taking it too seriously. Donald Trump is the same sundowning idiot he's always been.

The best part is that it never dawns on people who constantly make excuses for him that their defense of obvious stupidity only reflects badly on them.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: InfiniteTrinity

He reiterated the claim on the 15th of August this year.

www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Does Michigan have an official man of the year?

I am pretty sure we do, I think Hillary and Michelle Obama split it one year.

link   

It's very possible he was declared Man of the Year. Anyone can say he is. Does Michigan have an official man of the year? Maybe a Pizza Hut in Michigan declared him man of the year, and he just ran with it.

Yeah. That's it. Pizza Hut.

Lol.

link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Kinda like Hitler?

And there it is. Less than 10 posts in. Like clockwork.

Versus the usual cheerleaders proclaiming him the second coming of Jesus incarnate, like clockwork? Lol

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well dam; Trump really is a liar... this might be the thing that finally sinks him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join