It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: Trump defunds Planned Parenthood

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Xcalibur254

There you go again with the retarded crap.

Trump's base relies on these services the most, but Trump is pandering to this base by eliminating said services. The same services none of his base supports (but uses more than anyone else)? And, to top that off, these same services Trump supporters utilize more than anyone else, are services only supported by liberals.

Yeah, sounds legit, bro.

Yep. Pretty much. Trumps base is notorious for voting against their interests when it comes to well, pretty much everything.

We aren't talking about the sharpest knives in the drawer here. Republicans are the same people who claim mass shootings are a mental health problem, then do everything they can to make mental healthcare inaccessible. They're the same people who claim to be against welfare because of economic reasons, but attack services that benefit poor people and never say a word about the biggest welfare recipients in the developed world. Multimillion dollar corporations.

Anyone with half a brain can see how bankrupt and corrupt the entire right wing ideology is. It's all based on revenge. They don't care what happens to them as long as they think the right people are being hurt.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: burntheships

As I mentioned before, what if PP is the only local option?

Then PP is still an option!

If someone is on Medicaid they probably don't have the disposable income to drive 25 or 50 miles to get to the next available OB/GYN.

Then they can still go to "Planned Parenthood".

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Not if their insurance is no longer accepted there.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: burntheships
How many providers do they need?
Obamacare
Medicaid
County Clinics
Overlapping services, all tax payer funded!

Still magnitudes cheaper than having a lot of unwanted and likely abused kids running around in poor communities that have to be dealt with by the police, courts, prisons, etc. Pay now, or pay a lot more later.

I can only imagine the outcries of racism and xenophobia if Trump uttered those words. The liberals would attach it directly to blacks and Mexicans.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Not if their insurance is no longer accepted there.

So PP requires that you have insurance? What?
Either your confused, or your purposely confusing the issue.

edit on 19-8-2019 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

If a person can't afford an extra few gallons of gas do you really think they can afford to pay for an uninsured doctor visit?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

As I mentioned before, what if PP is the only local option? If someone is on Medicaid they probably don't have the disposable income to drive 25 or 50 miles to get to the next available OB/GYN.

A regular clinic, rural or otherwise, can do everything they do for women and more, and they are far more available. I used to work in health care. Every small town I've ever been in has at least a doctor or nurse available or nearby. There are no excuses for not using local sources.

From the PP website:

Whether you have a specific health concern, or just need a routine well woman exam, Planned Parenthood is here for you.

We offer services in:
Breast Exams
Cervical Cancer Screenings
Colposcopy
Cryotherapy
Incontinence
Infertility
LEEP
Mammogram Referrals
Menopause Testing and Treatment
Pap Test
Sexual Response Education
UTI Testing and Treatment
Vaginal Infections Testing and Treatment

On their general services page the first and second items are abortion and abortion referral. That's pretty telling. At $350-$950 per abortion (higher if 2nd trimester) that's a minimum of $105 million a year on the low end just for performing abortions. They're spending $500 million on politics, has some of that money been coming from federal funds?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Great News . Pieces of Wood Don't Hit Back .

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Good.

This will lose him a major amount of votes and it will be undone as soon as the next person gets into office. I feel for the women this is going to affect, but Trumps idiocy won't last forever.

The best part is you all are so turned around you think this is going to help him in some way.

Lmao.

k

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

If a person can't afford an extra few gallons of gas do you really think they can afford to pay for an uninsured doctor visit?

If they cannot afford a few gallons of gas (at most $10.00) then they have a lot more problems that finding a local PP (which would still be there) for their treatment.

I am sure a local charity would provide the transport, which, there are many types of those services EVERYWHERE in this great country. Why does the govt need to provide it all? Govt intervention immediately makes things worse and multiples the cost by orders of magnitude.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

If they're that broke they are usually on medicare or medicaid. The only uninsured people I know these days are middle-class income families because Obamacare killed their family budgets.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Absolutely fantastic point!

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Are you purposely confusing the matter
and ignoring your own statements?

Planned Parenthood is not closing,
and they do not require insurance.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I find morally abhorent which is what federally funding an abortion mill like Planned Parenthood is.

And I find wars fought to enrich the corporate oligarchs morally abhorrent but the govt. has no compunction in sending young men and women to their death for profit.

Does the irony escape you? How about the hypocrisy?

Those are choices we made. Let me know the next time an unborn child gives mommy the okay to abort him or her.

I won't hold my breath.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

i live rural and we dont have a PP i think there are some in missoula but we have other smaller clinics here i think its called clear choice and they wont be effected by this in the slightest and they dont get any where near the heat PP does protest wise and im in a bright red area of Montana

im not even anti choice other then one person i know who is a self confessed abortion addict (she enjoys the attention or so she says and sympathy) shes had 11 since she was 15 and is now 29 and am astounded she can even still get pregnant let alone laid being 5'1 and close to 400 lbs but hey different strokes for different folks i guess

www.dailysignal.com... link from last year i wish i knew how to embed images but it always screws up my posts but this shows a lot of clinics that do the exact same thing as PP literally all over the USA to the tune of 13,540

www.politico.com... and as others have pointed out planned parent hood pulled out over the ruling

Planned Parenthood made good Monday on months of threats to pull out of the Title X federal family planning program rather than comply with a new Trump administration rule barring federally funded clinics from referring patients to abortion providers. The organization and other major participants in the Title X program had to show by midnight Monday their plans to comply with the new rule or forfeit millions of dollars in federal grants. By withdrawing more than 400 of its participating clinics from the program, Planned Parenthood's exit will leave low-income women in many parts of the country without federally-funded access to birth control and other reproductive health services.
and it seems odd to me at least that where i grew up(los gatos ca) it wasn't the poor going to PP but all my rich high-school buddies who had private insurance just didnt want parents finding out or as others have said for the free condoms. now this dosent mean the poor do not rely on it just that my experience was different and that in my case at least it was Bentley's and BMW's parked in the lot

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

www.arcgis.com... this might be a better map and seems to show the bulk of locations of PP and does show a few in rural areas in the north but they seem to be mostly on the east coast and the south

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Gosh darnit, you nailed it. And to think, I took you for a maroon this entire time.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Yes. And by defunding PP, Medicare and Medicaid will no longer accepted there.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I can't find that funding responsibility outlined in the Constitution like most the other pork projects.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

If they're that broke they are usually on medicare or medicaid. The only uninsured people I know these days are middle-class income families because Obamacare killed their family budgets.

Middle class guy here... I represent that remark.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join