It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: Trump defunds Planned Parenthood

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I find morally abhorent which is what federally funding an abortion mill like Planned Parenthood is.

And I find wars fought to enrich the corporate oligarchs morally abhorrent but the govt. has no compunction in sending young men and women to their death for profit.

Does the irony escape you? How about the hypocrisy?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

If you're on Medicaid, you're not on Obamacare.

As for county clinics, I won't even bring up the fact that most of them aren't equipped to perform most gynaecological exams. Instead I'll just have you ask your girlfriend/wife whether she would rather have her annual exam performed by a trained OB/GYN or a doctor at a rural free clinic. Now ask her if there's any situation where she'd opt to have it performed by a doctor at a rural free clinic.

That should demonstrate to you why PP is so vital to rural communities.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

There is one main difference.

The military is a Constitutional mandate of the government. Abortions and education aren't, either one, which is why I used them.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Planned Parenthood doesn't perform those exams in most locations either. Instead, they refer people on because pap smears and the like don't make money. Many are only abortion mills.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: LSU2018

Why shouldn't it be? My wife, when she was on it several years ago, paid for her own BC out of her own pocket even though she was insured. It was $50 bucks a month. If you can't afford $50 a month, you certainly can't afford to get pregnant.

I see it as low as 15 per month today, but once again a state level program seems like the best bet.

FIFTEEN A MONTH??? That's unacceptable. We should be spending our hard earned tax dollars on that so the girls can keep forgetting to take them and end up pregnant so we can pay for that, too.

All jokes aside. If a woman cares more about her own selfish freedoms than she does a child she created by irresponsibly having sex with a man who wasn't ready to take on that responsibility then they need to figure that crap out on their own. There are morning after pills available at most counters and check-outs that will kill sperm and eggs. If people are THAT concerned and are sleeping with doods who don't know when to pull then they need to keep a stash of Plan B's in their nightstand.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: burntheships
How many providers do they need?
Obamacare
Medicaid
County Clinics
Overlapping services, all tax payer funded!

Still magnitudes cheaper than having a lot of unwanted and likely abused kids running around in poor communities that have to be dealt with by the police, courts, prisons, etc. Pay now, or pay a lot more later.

Perhaps our welfare should stop subsidizing all those extra kids? If you stop paying them to have extra kids, it might be a whole lot less attractive to have so much unprotected sex. Have you ever noticed how those of us who have to fully fund our own children tend to have a lot less of them than those who get ever increasing welfare subsidies for every mouth they pop out?

Right on!

There are also women who use abortion as their form of birth control. Let them pay for it themselves.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

That's actually the first interesting and different take I've heard on this issue.

It was also pretty hilarious.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: projectvxn

So people that rely on PP for regular OB/GYN appointments or pre-natal checkups aren't exercising personal responsibility?

They do when they pay for it themselves instead of expecting everyone else to pay for it for them.

Just because they offer OB/GYN services doesn't mean that this organization deserves tax payer money.
edit on 8 19 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

If you're on Medicaid, you're not on Obamacare.

As it should be, but both are still available

As for county clinics, I won't even bring up the fact that most of them aren't equipped to perform most gynaecological exams. Instead I'll just have you ask your girlfriend/wife whether she would rather have her annual exam performed by a trained OB/GYN or a doctor at a rural free clinic.

Well I'll answer that being a female, if they care so much
about that then let them go see an OB GYN on MEDICAID
or OBAMACARE. Still both available.

Now ask her if there's any situation where she'd opt to have it performed by a doctor at a rural free clinic.

That should demonstrate to you why PP is so vital to rural communities

No, there does not need to be 4 TAXPAYER FUNDED
options. That is the part you keep forgetting to address.

Planned Parenthood is not going out of business, they
just wont receive taxpayer money, never should have.

edit on 19-8-2019 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

There you go again with the retarded crap.

Trump's base relies on these services the most, but Trump is pandering to this base by eliminating said services. The same services none of his base supports (but uses more than anyone else)? And, to top that off, these same services Trump supporters utilize more than anyone else, are services only supported by liberals.

Yeah, sounds legit, bro.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

In 2014 PP performed 9.5 million discrete services. Of this, 325,000 were abortions.

Are you claiming that PP is making all of their money off of 3% of their patients?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

They do. Abortion isn't covered by federal funding.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

In 2014 PP performed 9.5 million discrete services. Of this, 325,000 were abortions.

Are you claiming that PP is making all of their money off of 3% of their patients?

What’s the cost of each abortion compared to the other services. I can see the number of them is different but what’s the difference in cost?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

So then, do any OB/GYNs deserve tax payer money?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If you like your doctor , you can keep your doctor.

That was a promise kept in my case.

Perhaps, but many lost their doctor because their doctor went private, so to speak, and didn't get onboard with obamacare. Many hospitals wouldn't get onboard with it either, and the patients who were forced on obamacare through work were forced to find another doctor.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

As I mentioned before, what if PP is the only local option? If someone is on Medicaid they probably don't have the disposable income to drive 25 or 50 miles to get to the next available OB/GYN.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If you have a private insurance that funds it, that's one you. It's about paying for it out of my pocket. I shouldn't have to fund an option I find morally abhorent which is what federally funding an abortion mill like Planned Parenthood is.

You all scream bloody murder when someone talks about school choice, specifically vouchers, because could theoretically opt to send their kid to a private religious school, and of course, that would be someone endorsing religion with your tax dollars! But when the shoe is on the other foot, and people object to funding your sacred cow on their dime, having your ox gored doesn't feel so good does it?

Fact of the matter is that if parents must pay for a private education to avoid offending your sensibilities over tax monies; then it seems plenty fair that tax dollars not likewise fund abortion and for the same reason.

Not only that, but very often, Planned Parenthood doesn't actually offer a service a woman might need. Instead, they offer a referral to another clinic. Services like mammograms and pap smears don't make money like abortion services do.

How dare you use common sense to make a point???

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Have we reached an agreement on abortion yet? No? Aw, shucks,
I thought this could be the thread that would finally do it.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Nice find... Closest PP is 4 hours west and located in an urban area. Closest free clinic is Bossier Health, 3 minutes away, not including traffic.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

not only that but PREP or what ever its called is game changing as a lot have changed since the dark days of the 80s and aids epidemic making transfering HIV and aids much harder then it was in the past

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join