It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: Trump defunds Planned Parenthood

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yet your not addressing how many different tax payer funded
ways a person is already given access to for birth control and
reproductive health care services.

How many providers do they need?

Obamacare
Medicaid
County Clinics

Overlapping services, all tax payer funded!

edit on 19-8-2019 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

As I've asked before in this thread, do you also believe that hospitals that perform abortions should be defunded? What about pharmacies that stock abortifacients?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Planned Parenthood is an abortion clinic and a birth control distributor.

Those are both personal choices that do not require tax payer funds.

Thinking about starting a thread to find out why Democrats are so gung-ho about aborting future Democrat voters.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

He didn’t close all the planned parenthood’s, he just said that they are no longer getting tax money to do it, if pp is just in it to help the poor get laid without having kids then they can still do that without my money. In fact if all you leftist are so convinced that pp needs to exist then you can voluntarily donate to them with YOUR money and not force me to give them mine.

lol This ended up being the most rational thing said in this entire thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: LSU2018
Birth Control is now even cheaper. Most forms of the Pill cost between 50 cents to about $1 a day.

With Medicaid, low income people have free access to birth Control and it's usually covered by most health insurances.

People make it sound as if PP is the sole provider of such services.

They also make it sound like you can't get other types of healthcare for women from any other clinic/office but PP.

Clearly its only about the abortions.

There are roughly "650 PP clinics, 9,800 in the federal Health Center Program and about 4,100 in the Rural Health Clinic program" (WaPo). So the number of PP clinics that still won't be closing because they're losing federal funds AND they're spending a half BILLION on political campaigns is still far less than the number of federal and state clinics - on top of private and county-based clinics and doctor offices. So how is it possible that women can only get treatment and advice from PP? Oh, it's not.

The only people that support PP doing abortions are those who do not value life as it begins at fertilization. I used to be pro-abortion until my kids were born and I saw that these are actually real human beings. I understand all of the arguments but I would not support abortion under any circumstance. One can "what if" all day long, it doesn't change the fact that a human being is being killed.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Krakatoa

Nothing about this move is preventing PP from performing abortions. Abortions aren't covered by federal funding.

What it differs prevent is people who have federal insurance like Medicare, Medicaid, or even Tricare (and people say Trump loves the troops) from receiving basic medical care at PP as their insurance will no longer be accepted.

And all of those services are offered in alternative locations everywhere around this great country. So, they wont get it from PP anymore. So sorry, but the government should not be in the business of funding organizations that perform abortions IMO.

And, as a taxpayer, that is also my money as well. You want them to do it, then send them that portion of your regular paycheck for that purpose. Nobody is stopping you are they?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

They do anyway plenty make a life of breeding for gov't money, nobody has ever mentioned snip, snip after one or 2 which would be proper for those on assisted living.
edit on 8/19/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Except this move is actually promoting abortion. Now people that might not have become pregnant because they had access to the resources offered by PP have a higher chance of becoming pregnant.

The abortion, that probably wouldn't have been necessary before, will still have the same out of pocket cost.

Do you just say the dumbest # you can think of to try to piss people off or something? That's got to be as ridiculous as saying that shutting down all the liquor stores will cause people, who wouldn't have become alcoholics before, would now become alcoholics. Thanks a lot, LIQUOR STORES!

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

If you have a private insurance that funds it, that's one you. It's about paying for it out of my pocket. I shouldn't have to fund an option I find morally abhorent which is what federally funding an abortion mill like Planned Parenthood is.

You all scream bloody murder when someone talks about school choice, specifically vouchers, because could theoretically opt to send their kid to a private religious school, and of course, that would be someone endorsing religion with your tax dollars! But when the shoe is on the other foot, and people object to funding your sacred cow on their dime, having your ox gored doesn't feel so good does it?

Fact of the matter is that if parents must pay for a private education to avoid offending your sensibilities over tax monies; then it seems plenty fair that tax dollars not likewise fund abortion and for the same reason.

Not only that, but very often, Planned Parenthood doesn't actually offer a service a woman might need. Instead, they offer a referral to another clinic. Services like mammograms and pap smears don't make money like abortion services do.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Obamacare
Medicaid
County Clinics

Still magnitudes cheaper than having a lot of unwanted and likely abused kids running around in poor communities that have to be dealt with by the police, courts, prisons, etc. Pay now, or pay a lot more later.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Good.

This will lose him a major amount of votes and it will be undone as soon as the next person gets into office. I feel for the women this is going to affect, but Trumps idiocy won't last forever.

The best part is you all are so turned around you think this is going to help him in some way.

Lmao.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

a reply to: pavil

People with Medicaid would not be able to receive it through PP. What defunding PP actually means is that they no longer receive Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement. So people that rely on PP for birth control, not to mention numerous other services, which is a common occurrence in rural areas, are now being denied access to basic healthcare because Trump wants to pander to his base. The same base that will be most affected by this move.

If your right about this we will hear from those people. Or we will see it reflected in the 2020 vote.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: burntheships
Obamacare
Medicaid
County Clinics

Still magnitudes cheaper than having a lot of unwanted and likely abused kids running around in poor communities that have to be dealt with by the police, courts, prisons, etc. Pay now, or pay a lot more later.

Perhaps our welfare should stop subsidizing all those extra kids? If you stop paying them to have extra kids, it might be a whole lot less attractive to have so much unprotected sex. Have you ever noticed how those of us who have to fully fund our own children tend to have a lot less of them than those who get ever increasing welfare subsidies for every mouth they pop out?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

He's not.

Planned Parenthood is an urban thing, not a rural one. They target specific communities and trailer parks aren't it.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

off topic but as long as the dollar keeps losing value and the population keeps growing it will ever be enough.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

In the grand scheme of things it's the rural areas that will be most impacted. In an urban environment a person could still receive service, albeit lower quality, from a free clinic or a nearby hospital. Which will actually end up costing taxpayers more than if they went to PP.

For a person in a rural environment, PP might be the only option for 50 miles.

Really?

Link

Is it me, or does the PP map resemble a Missing 411 cluster map?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Sublimecraft

News Headline:

Most Racist President Ever prevents Hundreds of Thousands of BOC (babies of color) from being killed. White Supremacists disavow Trump, costing him 12,000 votes Nationwide.

I almost spat some of my ice cream sammich out!

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

Abortion services are a minor aspect of what PP does and it is not covered by federal funds. On the other hand, STI screening is a key service provided by PP and that is covered by federal funds.

If your big sticking point is abortions then why can't Trump just cut federal funding to PP for said abortions. Granted that's something that is already in place.

What do you gain by denying basic healthcare to people that rely on PP?

You can go to another free clinic. I live in a very rural region and have never seen a Planned Parenthood, but there are tons of free clinics for testing, etc. PP's funding was cut because they didn't want to discontinue killing children who haven't even had a chance to sin yet. How you don't find that utterly disgusting is utterly disgusting.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Well, I think this is a good thing.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Obamacare
Medicaid
County Clinics

So then why would low income folks need
yet another taxpayer funded option of PP?

PP is spending a lot of money on political purposes,
I just looked at their website and they have an entire
section devoted to Tracking Trump. Trump, Pence,
and all of the judges are named, it is a political hit job.

How is it that taxpayers should be funding that
to begin with?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join