It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: Trump defunds Planned Parenthood

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: InTheLight

I disagree and that ain't no fantasy.

I have no problem with you disagreeing.

Gotcha didn't I, in your religion and your fantasy, both?

You're the one that made up the fantasy about men getting pregnant. That isn't an argument and it is asinine at best.

What religion do you think I'm part of?

Any one that keeps women from doing what is best for them.

No one on earth has the right to do what is best for them.

Shall I repeat our last post together...you first with speaking reality. I'm waiting.

I already did.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
When you come back to reality, let us all know. I am sure it will be a riveting experience for us all.

Rather, when you reach a level of reality it will be a relief for all of us.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I disagree and that ain't no fantasy.

I have no problem with you disagreeing.

Gotcha didn't I, in your religion and your fantasy, both?

You're the one that made up the fantasy about men getting pregnant. That isn't an argument and it is asinine at best.

What religion do you think I'm part of?

No one on earth has the right to do what is best for them.

Shall I repeat our last post together...you first with speaking reality. I'm waiting.

I already did.
When you come back to reality, let us all know. I am sure it will be a riveting experience for us all.

Rather, when you reach a level of reality it will be a relief for all of us.

Childish repetition is not an argument.
You lose.
Night night.

edit on 23/8/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

So which one is that?

What religion are you assuming I'm part of?

My opposition to most instances of abortion is based on empirical evidence provided by science and ethics. Religion does not play a part in this.
edit on 8 23 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I dont feel that anyone should be paying for unnecessary medical care like plastic surgery because you dont like the shape of your nose, or abortion if the pregnancy isnt posing an unusual amount of risk or harm to the women.
But I see no problem with using govt funds for plastic surgery when a child is horribly disfigured due to a fire or car accident, do you? Same should go for abortion, if complications make the risks too great or causes her life to be too unmanageable, I dont see any problem with govt funds being used.. it's a legitamate healthcare need..

I looked up the actual wording. They're is mention in it that goes something like separating the operation to the extent that it eliminates the confusion in the public... which would be kind of hard when much of the confusion is the result of what is basically misinformation being fed to the public by the prolife crowd! That flow of misinformation isnt gonna stop till they two are so separated that they run under different names and are two separate entities all together..
And, you cant disregard the muzzle that they want to slap on them... you know, you cant refer anyone to a place that will provide an abortion.. oh, it's a shame that your little 12 year old was molested by that pos next door neighbor, but the law says I cant refer you to a place where they will terminate the pregnancy for her! I'm glad to hear that you reported it to the police and they locked him up at least till he posted bail!! Do you have someplace safe to stay till you find a new home?

What's so funny is that they have investigated again and again and if they had found proof, they would have pulled the Medicaid also. They haven't done that so they are resorting to this tactic and because planned parenthood dont like the new strings that are attached to the title x fund and said no thank you, its somehow the proof that all those investigations failed to find..

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

But what I see isnt so much a double standard as it is an great injustice.. there has always been those that have fallen through the cracks, the too rich to get any help, but too poor to be able to live. But, of course we thank you anyways for giving your hard earned money so these people over here can live...
It's not just abortion people are opposing, they are objecting to birth control being included in their health insurance, even prenatal and maternaty care. After all, they are men, why should they have to pay more to have it included in their insurance policies right? Not only is it perfectly fine for a portion of the population to be paying for not only the care of the "poor" in this country, but also for hospitals, new equipment., medical training, research and development, and whatever I might be forgetting while getting next to nothing for their investment but it's perfectly fine to section off some healthcare needs of women and claim that they are worthy.
I've had to live in that crack most of my life! They best healthcare I remember getting was way back when the doctors had their offices in their homes and they had a storeroom filled with drugs that they would give you in little paper envelopes! And, he never had a problem checking me out when I stopped in to meet up with his daughter to walk to school together complaining of an earache or other problem.
I am a fan of planned parenthood because it was one of the few resources I had as an adult. My dad died from pancreatic cancer after living with diabetes, it also ran on my mothers side... I was quite happy when they offered to test me for it since it put my mind at ease. When my hands started breaking out so badly and I was having other problems, I couldn't do much about it but I could go there to eliminate one possibility I saw..
I'm sorry, but i see your attacks on planned parenthood as not only being based on non-factual information but also an attempt to remove on of the few resources for those yous find it perfectly acceptable to leave that crack and be the sacrificial lambs that keeps this bogus economy running.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

So to you, saving a burned child's life (from an unforseen accident) with extreme medical procedures is the same as killing a child to save a woman (from a voluntary state with complications).

Wow. I have no words.

How twisted a perspective that equates saving a life with killing a life, because, feelings.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Attention! Mud Pit Guidelines

Note that it indicates name-calling, baiting and activity otherwise labeled as political trolling elsewhere on the site. Not generally hateful, bigoted, mean-spirited or gratuitous personal attacks on fellow members. It's also not exempt from the usual forum expectation of remaining on topic.

MUD PIT or not, attacking other members is not allowed.
Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Why do some women feel that someone else should pay for an abortion that they had no part in creating?

What gives you the idea that that's the case? Who are these women thinking that someone else should pay for their abortions?

And why did PP back out of receiving funding if they are already NOT using that federal $$$ for services related to abortion?

Why don't you believe the reason that Planned Parenthood gave, for refusing Title X reimbursements?
Why do you think Planned Parenthood is using Title X funds for abortion on demand?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

First off, I said nothing about saving the kids life, but rather ensuring it can have the plastic surgery needed to be able to go through life without the emotional trauma and society's sometimes cruel nature that could result from the scars that can be left from being severely burned..
And I would see no problem with taxpayer money being used if the child voluntarily put themselves in that position by playing with the fire that burned her. I doubt if you would either.
I would like to point out the child could live without the plastic surgery. It's just that we think that she would have a much happier life without the scars..

Which leaves us to just how much can we rightfully expect a women to endure and sacrifice for another possible life... since she could put herself through hell, end up right next to deaths door and still lose the baby..
I dont really think her putting herself in that position voluntarily holds as much weight as you think it does since if she was raped your response would probably be something about why take it out on the poor innocent child and quite frankly, if all women just opted not to have sex anymore that would be the end of the human race!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   

So which one is that?

What religion are you assuming I'm part of?

My opposition to most instances of abortion is based on empirical evidence provided by science and ethics. Religion does not play a part in this.

Actually you are buying into shoddy science without empirical evidence and ethics and morals are one-sided by taking away a woman's constitutional rights. Next on the agenda is to take away a woman's right to use birth control.

This article explains the reality of the shoddy science used by certain state lawmakers, or as Ilhan Omar calls them - "religious and political fundamentalists".

www.wired.com...

www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 18CDT05America/Chicago05750531 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 18CDT05America/Chicago05850531 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

You have no idea what my sources are and I don't give a crap what Ilhan Omar thinks.

edit on 8 24 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
for whoever was griping about planned parenthood not providing prenatal care...

§59.14 Requirements and limitations with respect to post-conception activities.

(a) Prohibition on referral for abortion. A Title X project may not perform, promote, refer for, or support abortion as a method of family planning, nor take any other affirmative action to assist a patient to secure such an abortion.

(b) Information about prenatal care. (1) Because Title X funds are intended only for family planning, once a client served by a Title X project is medically verified as pregnant, she shall be referred to a health care provider for medically necessary prenatal health care. The Title X provider may also choose to provide the following counseling and/or information to her:

(i) Nondirective pregnancy counseling, when provided by physicians or advanced practice providers;

(ii) A list of licensed, qualified, comprehensive primary health care providers (including providers of prenatal care);

(iii) Referral to social services or adoption agencies; and/or

(iv) Information about maintaining the health of the mother and unborn child during pregnancy.

www.ecfr.gov...

no title x provider can..
wonder if that would mean that the provider would have to physically and financially separate themselves from their parent group if the parent group was providing prenatal care??

so, I guess, what it amounts to, is that once conception is confirmed, the job of the title x provider is done, over with, give them a list of resources, which can include doctors and clinics that might be providing abortions as long as they are also providing prenatal care, and send them on their way...

pretty much what I described was done for me.

and I think I was right NY State Dept of Health announced on the 20th that they intend to pull out of the title x program because of the gag order. since the federal gov't gives the federal funds to the states who then are responsible to oversee the how those funds is granted to the providers, and delivers those funds to the providers...
there will be no title x funded clinics in NY State..
not to planned parenthood, not to any religious, pro-life groups, not to community health clinics... none, nadda!!
you might see it as targeting planned parenthood, and that might have been what the original intention is. but it seems to be having a larger, more widespead effect.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
for whoever was griping about planned parenthood not providing prenatal care...

§59.14 Requirements and limitations with respect to post-conception activities.

(a) Prohibition on referral for abortion. A Title X project may not perform, promote, refer for, or support abortion as a method of family planning, nor take any other affirmative action to assist a patient to secure such an abortion.

(b) Information about prenatal care. (1) Because Title X funds are intended only for family planning, once a client served by a Title X project is medically verified as pregnant, she shall be referred to a health care provider for medically necessary prenatal health care. The Title X provider may also choose to provide the following counseling and/or information to her:

(i) Nondirective pregnancy counseling, when provided by physicians or advanced practice providers;

(ii) A list of licensed, qualified, comprehensive primary health care providers (including providers of prenatal care);

(iii) Referral to social services or adoption agencies; and/or

(iv) Information about maintaining the health of the mother and unborn child during pregnancy.

www.ecfr.gov...

no title x provider can..
wonder if that would mean that the provider would have to physically and financially separate themselves from their parent group if the parent group was providing prenatal care??

so, I guess, what it amounts to, is that once conception is confirmed, the job of the title x provider is done, over with, give them a list of resources, which can include doctors and clinics that might be providing abortions as long as they are also providing prenatal care, and send them on their way...

pretty much what I described was done for me.

and I think I was right NY State Dept of Health announced on the 20th that they intend to pull out of the title x program because of the gag order. since the federal gov't gives the federal funds to the states who then are responsible to oversee the how those funds is granted to the providers, and delivers those funds to the providers...
there will be no title x funded clinics in NY State..
not to planned parenthood, not to any religious, pro-life groups, not to community health clinics... none, nadda!!
you might see it as targeting planned parenthood, and that might have been what the original intention is. but it seems to be having a larger, more widespead effect.

Then, in this case, the state of New York has made a moral decision on your part. They stripped you from having access to federally funded (from your taxes) prenatal care, not the federal government. They, in essence, have thrown the baby out with the bath water for political posturing. So, who will you blame now for removing your right to decide to get prenatal care, the feds or your own state legislature?

edit on 8/24/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I don't live in NY..
I am past my child bearing years...
and, I am a widow quite content with living out the rest of my life practicing celibacy...before you accusing me of being a nymphomaniac again...

and, just how do you get that either the state or the federal gov't has stripped anyone from getting prenatal care??
They haven't...
what they have done, is put a muzzle on doctors working in family planning clinics that will make it less likely to talk openly about abortion as being an option. what it also does, is kind of says to any hospital who might be operating one of these clinic within it's walls (I know that my hometown hospital had one, and I know that university hospital did also) that if they didn't separate both financially and physically (move their clinic somewhere else) that they would open themselves up to government scrutiny every time they performed an abortion.. regardless of what trimester the pregnancy was in. they would have to open up their patients records, and justify that that abortion was not elective but medically necessary. even though elective abortions are legal up to the point of viability.

as for me, I am just gonna sit back and watch the crapshow that unfolds, and point out every time this backfires on society, when stds reach epidemic levels, when the cancer rates rise, everytime a women ends up suffering needlessly, or dying because of it.

edit on 24-8-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

There will always be unfortunate edge cases. Society can not survive if the focus is on edge cases.
At some point, you have to accept bad luck or bad circumstance and not make it everyone elses problem.
That is where the lef get it so wrong, whilst thinking they get it so right.
In other words, tough luck. But please don't make your bad luck everyone else's bad luck.

edit on 24/8/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I dont know how to hex people, it's not like I can spread the bad luck around...
Just keep in mind, as you judge others so will you be judged...
Or to put it another way, dont expect much more than a tough luck from those unfortunate edge cases when you find yourself hanging by a thread off the edge.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

I dont know how to hex people, it's not like I can spread the bad luck around...
Just keep in mind, as you judge others so will you be judged...
Or to put it another way, dont expect much more than a tough luck from those unfortunate edge cases when you find yourself hanging by a thread off the edge.

Judgement, I thought, was to be left for Judgement Day so why do certain people and factions think their 'right and wrong' should be imposed on everybody else?

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown "won't hurt Trump in the least". Pretty hard to hurt a President who hasn't risen above a 43% approval rate since he took office. lmao.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TemplarLoyalty
a reply to: Fallingdown "won't hurt Trump in the least". Pretty hard to hurt a President who hasn't risen above a 43% approval rate since he took office. lmao.

His disapproval rating stands at 54%.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Let's imagine for a moment that they got their way.. a constitutional amendment granting a fertilized egg all those constitutional rights granted to what some believe is all us citizens, but that isnt actually true.
So. Every little fetus has all these rights until they are born, you would assume that they would still have them after birth, wouldn't you, regardless of weather they are a female or a male... equal right under the constitution, just like the era would give women if it was ever passed.
So let's say the little girl ends up being sexually assaulted at 12 years old and is now pregnant.
Well, we know by being in so many of those gun rights debates, that people feel that they should have this unchallanged right to have these guns, so they can defend themselves. And if they dont have a gun handy, they can use whatever is handy. That all there has to be is a perception of a threat, and, that not only can they protect themselves, but others close to them as well as their possessions. And, that we cant write laws to control just what kind of weapons they can have. We also cant try to control who has them, such as people who are misusing their freedom of speech in a way that make law enforcement believe they are about to go on a mass killing spree, if there isnt any chance that they might remove the right from someone who was just joshing ya... you cant punish the innocent because of those who are misusing the tool they are using to protect themselves.

Ok back to the 12 year old who's doctors believe that continuing the pregnancy is posing a danger to her health, possibly endangering her health, which is all you can say someone breaking into your house.. a 12 year old who's mother believes a pregnancy is dangerous to the 12 year old... and an abortion, as soon as possible is the best tool to eliminate the threat.
That 12 year old was given the exact same rights at the time of conception as the gun owner has. She has the same right to whatever tools are at her disposal, and the govt cant remove those tools, even if others are misusing that tool and harming others. This is according to the same logic that the gun rights people are using to cling to their gun while mass shootings are taking place on an almost weekly basis. Dont punish the innocent because of the behavior of the few.. we need them to hunt for our meat.... just like a women might need her job to provide for her family. We need them to protect our family... just like a mother who is being debilitated by a complicated pregnancy has the right to protect her family from the repercussions a complicated pregnancy might have on her family members. I have to protect myself!!

My question to them would be once you grant every conceived eggs all those rights.... at what age do you plan on stripping them from the little girls or do yous hope that no one notices that that is actually what you plan on doing? Or maybe yous just haven't realized that those constitutional rights are gonna follow the little girls out of the womb?

There are still people pushing to get the era passed. Just need one more state to get the number of states that is required and then to convince Congress to overlook the fact that that the deadline is passed. I think it was in Virginia that it had its chance again to be ratified, lost my one vote. But one of the arguments (given by a pro-life Republican against it) was the possible negative effect it would have on the abortion regulations that have been passed by the states.
No, I dont think they've realized that equal rights will follow the little girls out of the womb and into adulthood.

By the way, when I was saying yous throughout this post, i wasn't directing my words to you. It was directed to everyone.. to the women who are afraid that their laws will place them at a lower legal status than the fetus they carry..be ready to fight to be grandfathered into true equal rights for all giveaway. As well as those who want the fetus to have these rights but appear to think that it will grant the fetus a higher legal status than the women carrying them. It wont...not unless you strip those rights away from the little girls at birth.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35 >>

join