It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: Trump defunds Planned Parenthood

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: UKTruth

Some states have opted out also, I think its nieve to think that there isnt a few hospitals, doctors offices and such making the same decision and we are just hearing about planned parenthood. So, I guess if you or someone who know has a kid that needs such a specialized test like those i mentioned and get sent to a major hospital who are equipped to do it, well they can just blame the hospital if it cost an extra $50-$100.

No, blame PP. They decided to forego the funding. Unless they can maintain their servicesd with a new funding source, they will have let women down.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

So, now you are blaming planned parenthood for a decision hospitals have been forced to make?
Moving clinics out of the hospitals they are a part of is just as costly as planned parenthood having to move theirs. Same goes for establishing a separate organizational structure and bookkeeping system.
They lost money either way they go.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
To the Response to the guy who said: "I've used the pull out method for 20 years"

Perhaps

A: You should go to a doctor and get your sperm count checked

or

B: You should start buying lottery tickets

JD

(post by M5xaz removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

So, now you are blaming planned parenthood for a decision hospitals have been forced to make?
Moving clinics out of the hospitals they are a part of is just as costly as planned parenthood having to move theirs. Same goes for establishing a separate organizational structure and bookkeeping system.

I had assumed you'd be talking about PP instead of anything but PP

Whichever hospital pulls out of funding because they don't want to comply with the rules is to blame themselves. No one else.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Dude - can you link that with a warning?
Don't have that pic embedded.
Thats horrendous.
Effing hell.
edit on 21/8/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: M5xaz

Dude - can you link that with a warning?
Don't have that pic embedded.
Thats horrendous.
Effing hell.

It's way past time people see abortion for the Hell it is, as opposed to euphemisms.

Over 600 000 such hells in the US, each year....and NO, I am not stopping anyone from accessing abortion, just exposing it for what it is.

I CHOOSE NOT TO PARTICIPATE, HOWEVER.

Those that want to engage in this, do it on your own dime. I do not wish to be involved.
edit on 21-8-2019 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Okay then, we agree. PP didn't reject the funding because they were using it for abortions. The are rejecting Tittle X funding because of the Trump's gag order, out of principle.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You seem to be under the impression that they are mainly in the business of abortions when in fact killing minority babies is just a side hustle, like a loss leader, their real bread and butter is being a democrat political organization involved in fundraising and organizing democrat political functions. Perpetuating minority genocide is just a side effect. The real goal is to get money and people in the streets for Democrats.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I am talking about all of them.. any and all recipients of title x funds. The only way they get out of this costing them a ton of money is if no part of their organization provides abortion or makes referrals to doctors that do.
So, they are looking at the money this program brings in, or I should say profit, and comparing it with the cost involved with meeting these new rules, taking into consideration that it also means the government placing restrictions on how they counsel their patients and basing their decisions on that. I'm not sure, but I think New York might have been one of the states to opt out, so that university hospital might have to contend with less state money being sent to fund their family planning clinic also.
Our university hospitals train our future doctors and any doctor Involved with maternity care needs to have training in abortion. I doubt it they will stop providing abortions.
Having the planned parenting site with the hospital offers a number of conveniences that they wouldn't have if they were operating separately, like consulting with colleagues with more specialized training if they run across something that just doesnt look right. And, like I said, its gonna cost them money to to obtain a new site for their clinic and separate the two. It might make better business sense to just tell the govt where they can stick their money and find a way to go without it, even if that means charging more for services. Or, they might just decide to shut down their clinic. They will do what they feel is best for their hospital and I see no reason to blame them for that.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

the artifical womb would do just that and its made pretty big imrpovments in tech in the last 10 years

gizmodo.com... i honestly think this tech is the only thing that will ever really solve this issue

In 2017, a team of Australian and Japanese scientists announced a breakthrough that could someday save the lives of countless babies. They used an artificial womb to keep premature lamb fetuses alive and healthy enough for them to be later delivered without serious health complications. This month, that same team announced a leap forward in their technology, now claiming it can keep even extremely premature lambs alive. Their artificial womb is called the ex-vivo uterine environment (EVE) therapy. On its surface, it looks like a pillowcase-sized, transparent bag. Once the fetus is inside EVE, though, it is surrounded by a protective bath of sterilized, artificial amniotic fluid, which is routinely filtered out and replaced. Infusions of vital nutrients like amino acids and medications like antibiotics are regularly provided via IV. The womb also acts as a lung, pumping out carbon dioxide and pumping in fresh air. Lambs are a popular model for studying prenatal humans because their development in the womb is similar to ours but sped along. Compared to the nine-month gestation period for humans, healthy newborn lambs are typically delivered in 150 days, or slightly less than five months. So far, studies of artificial wombs, including the team’s earlier experiments with EVE, have used lambs at around 107 to 115 days of development. That time period roughly equates to late-term premature human babies. But while these children definitely need special care once delivered, modern medicine is already good at keeping them alive, with survival rates ranging around 90 percent. We’re much less capable of keeping alive babies born between 22 to 24 weeks of development, a period considered the border of viability. And it’s these children who would benefit most from an artificial womb that can bridge the crucial gap to normal development if it ever became reality. The team behind this new study, published this month in The American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology (AJOG), say theirs is the first documented attempt to successfully reach this extra step with lambs. Eight lamb fetuses at 95 days of development were placed inside EVE for 120 hours, or roughly five days. Their health was compared to a control group of lamb fetuses at 100 days of development. Ultimately, seven of the extremely premature lamb fetuses survived the entire five days of EVE therapy. These survivors were just as healthy and developed as the control group was, indicating that EVE was able to mimic the conditions of the womb well enough even for these especially fragile fetuses. In order to compare them, both groups were euthanized at 100 days. “In the AJOG study, we have proven the use of this technology to support, for the first time, extremely preterm lambs equivalent to 24 weeks of human gestation in a stable, growth-normal state for five days,” senior study author Matthew Kemp, an associate professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Western Australia and head of the Perinatal Research Laboratories at the Women and Infants Research Foundation, said in a statement. “This result underscores the potential clinical application of this technology for extremely preterm infants born at the border of viability. In the world of artificial placenta technology, we have effectively broken the 4 minute mile.”
the right will constantly call it murder and the left will constantly want to uphold the right (hence why its a polarizing issue) but with this tech it can become a moot point.

dont want the kid pop it in a artificial womb and let it be adopted, if the guy wants the kid but the woman does not wanna carry it to term pop it in the artificial womb and let him have it. if people can not have kids they can fertilize the eggs put them in a surrogate then transfer to artificial womb.

once it gets to full levels of tech development it solves this issue pretty much entirely

futurism.com...

it would also solve issues not related to abortion for those that are not able to fully carry a baby to term on the mothers own for medical reasons and let other groups not exactly able to have kids well have kids .

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

even federal funds are allowed to be used in cases of rape and incest medicade/medicare will fund it even

www.guttmacher.org...

Background First implemented in 1977, the Hyde Amendment, which currently forbids the use of federal funds for abortions except in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest, has guided public funding for abortions under the joint federal-state Medicaid programs for low-income women. At a minimum, states must cover those abortions that meet the federal exceptions. Although most states meet the requirements, one state is in violation of federal Medicaid law, because it pays for abortions only in cases of life endangerment. Some states use their own funds to pay for all or most medically necessary abortions, although most do so as a result of a specific court order.
so one state out of 50 does not cover it and id assume they got in trouble for it

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Who ever believes in the 'Pull out' Method either get you sperm check counted or start buying Lotto tickets.

edit on 21-8-2019 by JimD350 because: spell error originally

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24573694]JimD350[/p

It could solve that problem, and create a bunch of weird new problems.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

... Same goes for establishing a separate organizational structure and bookkeeping system.

OMG. This is project management 101 stuff. It's called billing your time to a different cost center. Each cost center has a budget. And the abortion cost center is not privy to the funds from title X federal funds. Then, if audited, you have the records showing what projects/efforts were billed to what.

Sheesh.

Keep blaming others for poor decisions they were never a part of why don't you?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I Guess Trump wants me to do my girlfriend without a rubber ... go Trump Go! Woo Hoo!

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Think it has a ways to go though since most abortions occur in the earlier months of pregnancy. It seems this would move the point of viability to a few weeks earlier that it is now, if that much. It's great news for very young preemies thought if it can increase their chance of survival.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Well, Utah has lost it's only title x provider since planned parenthood was their only provider.
Maybe the courts should revisit the hobby lobby decision again since that decision was made partly because of the argument that the govt had other avenues to deliver birth control free of charge (through the title x program) making the need to infringe on an employer's religious right not necessary..
Well, it seems that the govt has slapped strings to that funding some of the providers find unacceptable (including state govts) and they are opting to go to a sliding scale where its gonna cost at least 10-15 dollars to get an office visit.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
The government funds that were going to PP were for people that were actually trying to be smart about their sex life.

Yeah... no. The fact that they refused to open their books to prove it in court is all the proof needed - they are lying when they say that.

Now all the people that relied on PP for birth control, OB/GYN appointments, and pre-natal checkups are screwed because you people are ignorant about how government funding works.

Are you unaware of the fact that they lie about this too? PP clinics don't really offer those kinds of services...

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Medicare and Medicaid audits occur on a regular basis and are extremely thorough. If you actually believe they haven't "opened their books," then you have been blinded by Right Wing propaganda.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join