It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: Trump defunds Planned Parenthood

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Once again Trump panders to his ignorant base instead of bashing decisions off of facts.

Can't wait for the number of new AIDS cases to explode just like what happened in Indiana when Pence defunded PP.

Well obviously nothing beyond abortion is really important to PP, since they pulled the trigger themselves over the issue:

Planned Parenthood opts out of $16.2 million in federal funding ahead of Trump administration's 'gag order' to block grants for clinics that give out abortion information

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I'm actually not a pro life person.
I really don't care if a woman gets an abortion.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Your whole post was focused on abortions. Government funding to PP doesn't cover abortions. Ergo you must believe that any medical facility that performs abortions and receives government funding should be defunded.

It seems like a pretty simple logic train to me.

If you don't believe that PP should be defunded due to abortions (which government funding does not cover) then please tell me why they should be defunded.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The only one crying here is you bud, cause it harder for you and your friends to kill unwanted children on someone else’s dime now.

The rest of us are celebrating that fact...

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

So why do we need PP? Shouldn't hospitals and HMO's offer these services?

I keep hearing about how PP protects the victims, or children, or whatever they want to call the people who use their services, but regular doctors do that too. Roe vs Wade is up held, a massive waste of money is removed form the budget, and real accountability is made for bio-hazardous materials. Seems to me to be a "win-win-win".

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

That's a pittance of what they receive in federal funding. They get about $500-600 million a year in federal funding. So $16 million was considered a worthy sacrifice to opt out of a program that was diametrically opposed to their medical philosophy.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Good. You want abortions and birth control? Buy it yourself instead of making your neighbor pay for it.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The only time I ever used planned parenthood was for an endless supply of free condoms when I was a broke teenager. Such an evil place... I had a girlfriend back then who used them for routine exams and birth control. HOW DARE THEY!

link   
a reply to: misskat1

As someone who has been trying to adopt a family member for over a year now, I can honestly say I don't want the government in charge of adoption in any way. You wouldn't believe what I have had to go through with the state of Washington. I am in favor of private companies handling adoption that might meet certain government regulations, but trust me, you don't want the government in charge of children. More funding, yes, but less government involvement.

This might seem off-topic, but it relates to the situation at hand.

link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Except this move is actually promoting abortion. Now people that might not have become pregnant because they had access to the resources offered by PP have a higher chance of becoming pregnant.

The abortion, that probably wouldn't have been necessary before, will still have the same out of pocket cost.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Planned Parenthood is an abortion clinic and a birth control distributor.

Those are both personal choices that do not require tax payer funds.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Nowhere in any of these posts from leftists is personal responsibility addressed. Imagine that.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
The only time I ever used planned parenthood was for an endless supply of free condoms when I was a broke teenager. Such an evil place... I had a girlfriend back then who used them for routine exams and birth control. HOW DARE THEY!

Guess what else they do there.....

But yeah free condoms for broke teens is a fair moral price to pay

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Nowhere in any of these posts from leftists is personal responsibility addressed. Imagine that.

No surprise. Their entire ecosystem is like that.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Except this move is actually promoting abortion. Now people that might not have become pregnant because they had access to the resources offered by PP have a higher chance of becoming pregnant.

The abortion, that probably wouldn't have been necessary before, will still have the same out of pocket cost.

and your thoughts on this exchange.......

twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

For many people in rural areas PP is the most convenient option. They specialize in a certain branch of medicine and provide their services to communities where the next nearest option is an hour away.

As I said earlier in this thread, this move doesn't really affect the urban voters that generally go Democrat. They do have other, albeit maybe lesser options, like free clinics. This affects the poor, rural, people that tend to vote Republican.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Once again, Medicaid doesn't cover abortions. The government funds that were going to PP were for people that were actually trying to be smart about their sex life.

Now all the people that relied on PP for birth control, OB/GYN appointments, and pre-natal checkups are screwed because you people are ignorant about how government funding works.

If you look at the opportunity cost of money, then yes, Medicaid does pay for those abortions. It allows PP to distribute resources and subsidize abortions by providing them with tax dollars which can be directed towards other needs.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

So people that rely on PP for regular OB/GYN appointments or pre-natal checkups aren't exercising personal responsibility?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

He didn’t close all the planned parenthood’s, he just said that they are no longer getting tax money to do it, if pp is just in it to help the poor get laid without having kids then they can still do that without my money.

In fact if all you leftist are so convinced that pp needs to exist then you can voluntarily donate to them with YOUR money and not force me to give them mine.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Once again, federal funding doesn't cover abortions.

Do you believe that hospitals that perform abortions shouldn't accept Medicaid patients?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join