It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: Trump defunds Planned Parenthood

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT
Surely Planned Parenthood could charge fees and take donations from their clientele and interested parties.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

A tapeworm in your intestines is closer to being a lifeform than a newly fertilized egg. At least the tapeworm is fully developed and functional.
Funny how no one would hesitate at killing the tapeworm.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: ketsuko

We define murder as the killing of a person. In this society, the unborn are not considered persons. By your logic, killing a cancer cell, a fly, a cow...is murder. It's all life. But, it's not all murder.

In which society?

Not the one I live in. At least half or slightly more of "this society" disagrees with you on that about the unborn.

The unborn are as human as you or I.

There is nothing at all that separates the premie in the NICU from the one still insides its mother at the same exact age. Nothing except its physical location. But you would conveniently call one human and the other not ... you know, just in case one is a matter of inconvenience to its mother who might want to murder it before it ends up in the NICU too.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: InTheLight

Answer me this one simple question.

Does abortion intentionally kill a life?

Still no straight answer to this simple question I see?

Depends on your definition of life. To me, life begins at birth. To science, life is an eternal cycle with no beginning or ending in sight.

So, to answer your question, in my opinion, no. Abortion doesn't kill a life, it ends a potential life.

So, what is the legal ruling and penalty if someone intentionally beats a pregnant woman resulting in the spontaneous miscarriage of the unborn she carries?

Is that person charged with murder of the unborn?

Manslaughter?

I'll tell you,

18 U.S. Code § 1841. Protection of unborn children
Relevant snippet:

(C) If the person engaging in the conduct thereby intentionally kills or attempts to kill the unborn child, that person shall instead of being punished under subparagraph (A), be punished as provided under sections 1111, 1112, and 1113 of this title for intentionally killing or attempting to kill a human being.

NOTE: Section 1111 is 18 U.S. Code § 1111. Murder
NOTE: Section 1112 is 18 U.S. Code § 1112. Manslaughter
NOTE: Section 1113 is 18 U.S. Code § 1113. Attempt to commit murder or manslaughter

So, you flippant answer is irrelevant in the eyes of U.S. Law. This clearly considers an in utero a human being, and therefore alive. However, further on it does have a clause exempting abortion with the consent of the mother or her legal proxy. So, it's it not illegal, but the life in utero IS considered a human being.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

A tapeworm in your intestines is closer to being a lifeform than a newly fertilized egg. At least the tapeworm is fully developed and functional.

We udnerstand, despite its humanity, the unborn child is just as much a parasite to you as the tapeworm.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: FredT
Surely Planned Parenthood could charge fees and take donations from their clientele and interested parties.

The Hyde ammendment specifically forbids the use of federal funding for abortions except in life threatening conditions:

en.wikipedia.org...

So all of PP abortions services are NOT paid with federal tax dollars. But since they do provide those services, and people are seldom interested in actual facts, PP makes an easy target for the ignorant. Im saying they should go 100% private and not have to worry about all of the political nonsense

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Surely all hospitals and doctors could do this and we can just drop Medicaid too!!

But, ya, planned parenthood is saying that they might have to increase their fees in the future.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
In your retarded claim that the us military killed more people than have been aborted in the last 40 years.

I started this discussion asking why personal responsibility was being discounted.
Somehow you deflected to the us military.

The hypocrisy is yours alone.

As to your article, proper personal responsibility would hurt NO ONE.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: dawnstar

We udnerstand, despite its humanity, the unborn child is just as much a parasite to you as the tapeworm.

Hey dont demonize it man.....

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

In which society?

Most of earth's societies. Western society, European socieity, Chinese society, Jewish society, Muslim society. Just about every socieity except Catholic society.

At least half or slightly more of "this society" disagrees with you on that about the unborn

No they don't. Most people, around the world, support abortion up to some point.

The unborn are as human as you or I.

I thought the question was about life. Now, it's specifically human life? Okay. No one said that a women's unborn whatever is not human. But a human cytoplast, a human embryo nor a human fetus are "persons".

That's according to the American society's US Constitution. One must be born to be considered to have rights, like the right to life.

There is nothing at all that separates the premie in the NICU from the one still insides its mother at the same exact age.

The veil of birth is what separates them.
A person isn't an independent, autonomous individual until they're born. Even the Bible (Old Testament society) supports this.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Ah! You guys promised, when you passed that law under the GW Bush Administration, that you wouldn't use the law to leverage murder charges against women and their doctors who abort! LIARS!

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004, that was a pro-life elbow push, exploited the public's horror of Lacy Peterson's murder and her son Connor. It was meant to protect the unborn from the violence that women suffer, by punishing the abuser twice.

You see, it's all about choice. The woman's choice to keep or terminate her pregnancy. It's not your choice, it's not the government's choice. It's her choice. When you make the choice for her, to terminate her pregnancy, it's murder.

It's her body, her egg, her choice whether she wants to host this "life" to term, or not.

edit on 20-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

For the first nine months of its existence, it functions much like a parasite. But, unlike most of the parasites in you body that live pretty much undetected by you and may serve a very useful purpose, a baby growing in your belly is gonna become noticable rather quickly. But, I have no problem with your insistence of seeing the little tyke as a bundle of joy waiting to bring you much joy and happiness as long as you dont have a problem realizing that sometimes that little tyke can cause enough havoc in the body of its host to justify the termination of the pregnancy!

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

this "life" to term

It is life without the quotation marks by all scientific standards.

In all of this none of you have ever made a good case for why actual life as defined by science doesn't deserve a say in this.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Even the Bible (Old Testament society) supports this.

I love listening to people who don't believe in the Bible tell all about what I should interpret the Bible to say.

Nonetheless, a book written long before modern biology doesn't get a say on what constitutes life. Science and ethics do and the morality derived from those ethics allows us to determine how to treat life.

edit on 8 20 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

In all of this none of you have ever made a good case for why actual life as defined by science doesn't deserve a say in this.

Does nature give an egg a say as to whether or not it gets fertilized. Does nature give a fertilized egg a say as to whther or not it can implant in the uterus? Does nature give a developing fetus a say as to its health or whether or not it will ever achieve viability?

Does nature give a chicken a choice of whether it gets eaten, or not?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

The "veil of birth"?

Ummm, nope. You might as well have said that all that separates them is their spot under the cabbage leaf in the garden. There is no functional difference. It is merely one of location.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I don't have to believe in the supernatural myths in the Bible to understand the human social standards and expectations of societies of the time in question.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Actually, in a predator/prey relationship, the prey gets a chance to flea or fight back to save itself.

link   

I don't have to believe in the supernatural myths in the Bible to understand the human social standards and expectations of societies of the time in question.

But you don't actually know what you're talking about with that regard. Come back and let me know when you find all the passages on wasted seed, the fertility of women, and how pregnancy should be treated.

link   

You don't have to, but you make free with trying to use them to justify your position? LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join