It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: Trump defunds Planned Parenthood

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not sure, but I think the statue in Charlottesville is still there intact.
Cant say the same for all of the residents of the city though..
Still cant figure out why someone living in canada, or California, or heck, even in my area and I am not that far away, would care so much about it to travel to the city ready for war..
No, i dont buy the idea that yous would be happy leaving it to the states.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Xtrozero

And, they will still be providing those abortions now.
This new rule won't change that one iota.

I'm actually not against abortions. I'm against late term and federal funding of them.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

So, well, who do you think this will hurt? Do you think planned parenthood will be willing to bankrupt themselves to provide free services or do you thing they will start sending the people elsewhere?

Abortions is a money maker... 300 million dollars. They do get 550 million from the government, and in 2017 made 77 million profit.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It’s called natural selection, let the dead bury the dead. Stop having sex for pleasure alone and control the impulse. Be more selective in a partner or AIDS is a very real risk no matter the demographic. Have someone get an std test before having sex with said person, it’s called ACCOUNTABILITY.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodymm

Using that logic, wouldn't you also argue that we should abolish medicine altogether?

Or does survival of the fittest only apply if you're poor?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
I would love to see adoption laws made easier, and I would love to see this money go towards helping these women afford to keep their babies.

Because that's the only reason people have abortions, of course...

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: InTheLight

Answer me this one simple question.

Does abortion intentionally kill a life?

Still no straight answer to this simple question I see?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

a reply to: InTheLight

Answer me this one simple question.

Does abortion intentionally kill a life?

Still no straight answer to this simple question I see?

Depends on your definition of life. To me, life begins at birth. To science, life is an eternal cycle with no beginning or ending in sight.

So, to answer your question, in my opinion, no. Abortion doesn't kill a life, it ends a potential life.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Wardaddy454

In the grand scheme of things it's the rural areas that will be most impacted. In an urban environment a person could still receive service, albeit lower quality, from a free clinic or a nearby hospital. Which will actually end up costing taxpayers more than if they went to PP.

For a person in a rural environment, PP might be the only option for 50 miles.

Hmm, Are people walking everywhere? Its not like rural people don't drive into town for all their other needs... I know because my extended family chose a very rural location.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Well if scientifically, life has no beginning or ending, then abortion is clearly murder at every stage.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: shooterbrody

yep only 333k abortions in 18

small part right....

Well they say 9.5 million discrete services and that number can be skewed any which way. They do say that they see 2.5 million patients with about 333,000 of them getting abortions and that is rather significant number to suggest "very small part" of their services.

3.4% which are abortions, is a very small part of their services.

Then why not tell us why PP decided not to take federal funding under the new rules for qualifying for the funds.

The rule, which went into effect in May, bans Title X family planning providers from referring patients for abortion care and also requires facilities to financially and physically separate Title X services from abortion services, meaning abortion care must be billed separately and conducted in a separate physical space from the program’s family planning services.

All they had to do was abide by those rules, but instead have decided to forego funding. Seems like quite a decision for 'a small part of their services'.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

It is not your or anyone else's right to take away someones legal rights. The existing law says abortions are legal, so why punish those instead of helping them, is my question?

To murder the unborn and newborns whom survive abortions is not a right... Go ahead and show where in the U.S. Constitution does it say abortion is a right... No... Instead LIFE is a right, and it is a right people like you want to deny to millions of the most innocent humans. Murder/killing is not a right...

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Most modern medicine is needed because lack of extremely simple logic in eating fruits, vegetables, and drinking water. Once again, those unable to control impulse die young. Let them, why is that a big deal to you?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Bloodworth

Just what does my nationality have to do with anything? What's yours? And, no, what I said was three kids in less than three years.
And, here's another question for you what do you consider a man who just cant resist sex long enough to allow his wife to heal up a little from giving birth and just has to stick his ding dong into her vagina tearing out half of her stitches?

Inconsiderate?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doodymm
Stop having sex for pleasure alone and control the impulse.

No.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Ya, love that.. she a nympho, but hes just inconsiderate...

Maybe you should just keep your personal opinions about people you dont even know to yourself and discuss the topic without all the demonization.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Or, it's never murder.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Or, it's never murder.

Then murder wouldn't be either, but something else entirely.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

We define murder as the killing of a person. In this society, the unborn are not considered persons. By your logic, killing a cancer cell, a fly, a cow...is murder. It's all life. But, it's not all murder.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Awesome:

The healthcare of women in under served communities or even served should not be some sort of political chewtoy to batted about.

Quite frankly abortions constitute a fraction of PP budget and do not use federal funding for it but in order to put an end to this nonsense perhaps its time that the Komen foundation et al. put up and privately fund PP

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join